Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Liberal
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
No
Has anyone tried this brand new streaming service from Disney yet? At first, I was not interested at all until I found out about The Mandalorian. That show is amazing and I honestly did not expect it to be that good even after all the Baby Yoda memes started appearing. Unfortunately, we don't have it in the UK but I will definitely be subscribing to the service when it comes out.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Baby Yoda is on Disney+ ??? :hearts:

No, I haven't subscribed to it and don't plan on it since we don't have small children in the house and we already have Netflix and Amazon Prime. My husband wouldn't watch anything on Disney anyway.

As an aside I am really wanting to sculp a baby Yoda out of self-hardening modeling clay and paint it for my nephew who is a huge Star Wars fan!

Jason

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Is it available in every country or is it country based? Kindly share the url of the streaming service.

Krissy Cakes

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Has anyone tried this brand new streaming service from Disney yet? At first, I was not interested at all until I found out about The Mandalorian. That show is amazing and I honestly did not expect it to be that good even after all the Baby Yoda memes started appearing. Unfortunately, we don't have it in the UK but I will definitely be subscribing to the service when it comes out.

I have it and I love it. All old shows we can watch now. I'm sorry they don't have it in the UK right now.

overcast

Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
I signed up for 1 year of the subscription because my nephew wanted to see some of the movies and the TV Show. You may notice that they are currently priced at cheaper price tag. But in near future this may increase. As of now I think they have pretty limited amount of the shows and the series but I hope in near future that changes.

Jason

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
It has reached India, they have partnered with Hotstar in India. Planning to subscribe and see how the shows are.

digital

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Marital Status
In Relationship
Yes
I have it here in the U.K. and it is great. In particular the Disney originals are really good to watch, I’m currently really enjoying the Imagineering series which takes you behind the scenes at Disney to show you how they brought it altogether but it doesn’t ruin any of the ‘Disney Magic’.

ARx182

Religious Affiliation
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
No
My brother bought us a yearly family subscription. I've been watching the MCU movies in order, just finished Black Panther the other day!

hotrhymez

Rhymeslayer
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I did the free trial. It was alright. But didn't want to pay because I'm already subbed to like 3 other streaming services..Netflix, Amazon Prime, and WWE Network.

It seems EVERYONE is getting their own service now..lol...

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
With Disney being called out for being "woke" are people still subscribing to Disney+?

hedrick

Religious Affiliation
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
With Disney being called out for being "woke" are people still subscribing to Disney+?
I thought cancel,culture was bad.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I thought cancel,culture was bad.

Is it cancel culture when parents are trying to shield their children from idealogies that don't fit their own? I see it as parents protecting their impressionable young ones.

hedrick

Religious Affiliation
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Is it cancel culture when parents are trying to shield their children from idealogies that don't fit their own? I see it as parents protecting their impressionable young ones.
my claim is that it’s perefectly ok to reject messages you disagree with. The “cancel culture” thing seems like an attack on perfectly normal behavior by people you just disagree with. How many times have evangelicals tried to cancel Disney or various liberal institutions? Some conservative Christians are trying to cancel the whole modern world. It’s their right to do that. But they shouldn’t be surprised that people with differing views do also.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
my claim is that it’s perefectly ok to reject messages you disagree with. The “cancel culture” thing seems like an attack on perfectly normal behavior by people you just disagree with. How many times have evangelicals tried to cancel Disney or various liberal institutions? Some conservative Christians are trying to cancel the whole modern world. It’s their right to do that. But they shouldn’t be surprised that people with differing views do also.

Why is it not okay for conservatives to not want anything to do with things they disagree with but liberals have the approval when they do it?

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes

Except there's a big difference between not giving money to an organisation of which you disapprove (for whatever reason) and expecting if not outright demanding that everybody else goes along with your preferences.

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I thought cancel culture was bad.
Apparently a misunderstanding on your part about what that term means. :rolleyes:

The “cancel culture” thing seems like an attack on perfectly normal behavior by people you just disagree with. How many times have evangelicals tried to cancel Disney or various liberal institutions?
None that I recall. At least not in the case of Disney.

Some conservative Christians are trying to cancel the whole modern world.
(Sigh) I guess there are always a few people, no matter how unrepresentative of the group the accuser assigns them to, who can be held up as supposedly being typical of that group, right? Doing so doesn't make for a very convincing argument, though.

Last edited:

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married