• Welcome to Christianity Haven, thank you for visiting! If you have not already, we invite you to create an account and join in on the many discussions we have! 

    • Please be aware that when registering you must not register while using a VPN. Any registrations made using a VPN will be rejected.
    • Additionally, registration emails are not being sent out which is an issue that is being worked on. Your registration may go into an approval queue for admin approval. We work to send manual emails to the email on file, so please ensure the email you use is one you can readily access! 

Recent content by tango

  1. tango

    So... What are YOU doing? - Part 8

    I figured I'd err a little too low and shift stuff rather than err too high and not sell anything. Now I can experiment, maybe nudging some prices up a little.
  2. tango

    So... What are YOU doing? - Part 8

    I sold some wooden trees, including a couple of bigger ones that now I'm wishing I'd sold at a slightly higher price. I'll make more of those. It's good to have a few things that are cheap as well as other stuff with higher prices.
  3. tango

    So... What are YOU doing? - Part 8

    I only had one snowman so made some more. Now I have eight of them. I've made them so they are very similar, I didn't want them to be identical because I wanted them to look like they came off a lathe rather than a CNC machine.
  4. tango

    So... What are YOU doing? - Part 8

    All true, but coming in cold I have no points of reference as to what the market will bear. Hopefully tomorrow I'll have some cash in hand to tell me what people are willing to pay. If not, I'll have a point of reference that whatever numbers I guessed need to go down a little
  5. tango

    So... What are YOU doing? - Part 8

    It's often hard for me to know how to price something - there's a figure based on how long it took me to make it and another figure based on the perspective of someone who doesn't have a basement full of tools to make them. If you have a lathe and a modicum of skill they are easy to make but if...
  6. tango

    So... What are YOU doing? - Part 8

    I took a break from the lathe because I managed to misjudge where the edges of a spinning piece were and smashed my finger into the toolrest. That didn't feel good. Now I'm back on it but more cautiously. My space at the local craft fair is confirmed and I have a couple of dozen bowls to try...
  7. tango

    Best tips when buying new car?

    Your call, but my point is that sometimes renting can be cheaper than owning. If it's not saving money there's no point, but if you only need a car for a long journey once in a while it's cheaper to rent on those few occasions than to have regular payments on something you don't need. Toyotas...
  8. tango

    Best tips when buying new car?

    Depending on how often you want to make a long trip consider renting a car for that? I know it's extra cost, but renting a cheap car for the weekend will probably cost less than a car payment, so unless you're doing it a lot you may not need to replace the car yet. If it's an older car consider...
  9. tango

    Best tips when buying new car?

    If you're using finance look for a good rate and consider the total cost rather than just the monthly payment. Adding a couple of years to the loan term might save you $50/month but adds 24 payments, so it will cost a lot more. The dealership will make a profit on the car and another profit on...
  10. tango

    So... What are YOU doing? - Part 8

    I don't know what the deal was. That day walking around my regular route felt like a battle but the following day I ran it faster than I have in a long time. I think I needed more electrolytes than I had been taking on following exercise earlier in the week. At first I thought I might be...
  11. tango

    Jesus will save you if you.... ???

    So if you say you believe but your life does not reflect that, what then? What of "if you did it not to the least of these, you did it not to me"? It implies that we are expected to do something rather than simply believe something, no? What of "if a man would come after me he must deny...
  12. tango

    So... What are YOU doing? - Part 8

    I'm feeling sluggish today. I'm not sure why. If I'd had a heavy night on the beers it would make sense but last night's indulgence was limited to some ice cream and a coffee. Oh well, it happens. Maybe I'll get a gentle run in and play with my new bowl gouge some more.
  13. tango

    Jesus will save you if you.... ???

    If our lives don't reflect Jesus, can we truly say we believe?
  14. tango

    So... What are YOU doing? - Part 8

    That's an interesting thought, I hadn't considered that. If I can keep them so they dry out without going moldy I kinda like that idea. Today I tested out my new bowl gouges. I started out with an expendable piece of wood as I had no idea how the process would go, but turned my first bowl...
  15. tango

    Jesus will save you if you.... ???

    This seems like something that could go round and round in circles forever. If we truly believe our lives will reflect it. Hence we have faith and works. James said that faith without works is dead - if someone has no works we might question whether they truly believe. The question about what...
Top Bottom