Jesus Christ, died for all

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
I wrote The Lord, Jesus Christ, died for all, yet not all receive the benefit of His death, his death benefits only those to whom the merit of Christ's passion is communicated. and the quote below was a reply to it.
If Jesus died for all, was His atonement for sins effective for all?
You say...no... it's not effective for all.
Your statement "his death benefits only those to whom the merit of Christ's passion is communicated" needs clarification.
How is "the merit of Christ's passion communicated?" What, specifically, is the "merit" of Christ's passion?
Your theological language seems particular to Roman Catholicism.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Your statement "his death benefits only those to whom the merit of Christ's passion is communicated" needs clarification.
How is "the merit of Christ's passion communicated?" What, specifically, is the "merit" of Christ's passion?

You could educate yourself on the theological language of the ancient churches since it has been in use for close to two thousand years and is well documented.

YourTruthGod

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Jesus died for the sins of the world that means all humans can come to him to be saved if they want to do so.

In this passage, read how many times Jesus says "whoever."

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only begotten Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's only begotten Son. This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God."

John 3:36 Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God's wrath remains on them.

“Whoever” is whoever. This is plain and simple. Calvinists use special exegesis to twist the scriptures. Whomever in the world believes turns into whomever in the world of believers who believe.

1 John 2:2 He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.

Are you willing to repent of all the falseness you follow?
Are you ready to give up family and friends who will go against you for leaving Calvinism?
Are you ready to give it all up for God's Truth?

Jesus is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world. This scripture shows that Jesus saves any who come to him in belief; it is a choice of all men, if they only would not love darkness instead of the light.

God wants all men saved. Read how many times scripture says "all men.”

John 1:6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. 7The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe. 8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light. 9That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world. 10He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not. 11He came unto his own, and his own received him not. 12But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name. 13Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

1 Timothy2:3-6 This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all men to be saved and come to a knowledge of the truth. For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave himself as a ransom for all men—the testimony given in its proper time.

Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men.

1 Timothy 4:10 (and for this we labor and strive), that we have put our hope in the living God, who is the Savior of all men, and especially of those who believe.

That scripture right there should stop any one from ever misunderstanding and believing Calvinism ever again. How much plainer language does it have to be? "Savior of all men, and especially of those who believe.” All men have the chance to obey and believe.

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
You could educate yourself on the theological language of the ancient churches since it has been in use for close to two thousand years and is well documented.
So...you don't know and you can't explain it.

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Jesus died for the sins of the world that means all humans can come to him to be saved if they want to do so.

In this passage, read how many times Jesus says "whoever."

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only begotten Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's only begotten Son. This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God."

John 3:36 Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God's wrath remains on them.

“Whoever” is whoever. This is plain and simple. Calvinists use special exegesis to twist the scriptures. Whomever in the world believes turns into whomever in the world of believers who believe.

1 John 2:2 He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.

Are you willing to repent of all the falseness you follow?
Are you ready to give up family and friends who will go against you for leaving Calvinism?
Are you ready to give it all up for God's Truth?

Jesus is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world. This scripture shows that Jesus saves any who come to him in belief; it is a choice of all men, if they only would not love darkness instead of the light.

God wants all men saved. Read how many times scripture says "all men.”

John 1:6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. 7The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe. 8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light. 9That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world. 10He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not. 11He came unto his own, and his own received him not. 12But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name. 13Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

1 Timothy2:3-6 This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all men to be saved and come to a knowledge of the truth. For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave himself as a ransom for all men—the testimony given in its proper time.

Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men.

1 Timothy 4:10 (and for this we labor and strive), that we have put our hope in the living God, who is the Savior of all men, and especially of those who believe.

That scripture right there should stop any one from ever misunderstanding and believing Calvinism ever again. How much plainer language does it have to be? "Savior of all men, and especially of those who believe.” All men have the chance to obey and believe.

YTG, all these passages have been addressed and shown to you and MC.
Notice that the "whoever" in all these passages does not mean "all humans". The whoever are defined by all the passages that declare we were chosen by God. There are 30 or more passages expressing God's choosing, election and predestination of those who will believe.
Whoever is all those who will believe because God has chosen to make them alive with Christ.
As for your one verse in 1 Timothy and in 1 John, they have been explained in their context rather than as a sentence like you are fond of doing.
If we take your version literally, we (you) must become a universalist and state that all humans will be saved and no human will go to hell. But...you will add a whole bunch of human actions to deny universalism.
Ultimately the difference between you and me is that you demand to be in control of your life so that God takes second fiddle. I relinquish my control to God and admit He is in full control over my life and my eternal destiny. I trust God. You do not trust God. You trust yourself to save yourself. I trust God to save me if he chooses to do so.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Notice that the "whoever" in all these passages does not mean "all humans". The whoever are defined by all the passages that declare we were chosen by God. There are 30 or more passages expressing God's choosing, election and predestination of those who will believe.
Whoever is all those who will believe because God has chosen to make them alive with Christ.
As for your one verse in 1 Timothy and in 1 John, they have been explained in their context rather than as a sentence like you are fond of doing.
If we take your version literally, we (you) must become a universalist and state that all humans will be saved and no human will go to hell. But...you will add a whole bunch of human actions to deny universalism.
Ultimately the difference between you and me is that you demand to be in control of your life so that God takes second fiddle. I relinquish my control to God and admit He is in full control over my life and my eternal destiny. I trust God. You do not trust God. You trust yourself to save yourself. I trust God to save me if he chooses to do so.
You are wrong and have been shown you are wrong. You will not change your view and neither will the rest of us so I guess this is futile

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
You are wrong and have been shown you are wrong. You will not change your view and neither will the rest of us so I guess this is futile
Ps91, you do not use scripture. Your comments are simply your opinions.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

You can't find ANY Scripture (or any believer prior to the 16th Century) that says Jesus died ONLY, EXCLUSIVELY, SOLELY for a few, a minority. You have proven - over and over again - that you have NOTHING, absolutely nothing whatsoever, to substantiate this invention of a few radical later-day Calvinissts.

And of course, others have present MANY Scriptures that specifically, verbatim, boldly state that Jesus died for all. So, you simply must "spin" them upside down and inside out, until the "mean" the exact opposite of what these MANY Scriptures verbatim state.

You should think about that.

But you won't.

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
You can't find ANY Scripture (or any believer prior to the 16th Century) that says Jesus died ONLY, EXCLUSIVELY, SOLELY for a few, a minority. You have proven - over and over again - that you have NOTHING, absolutely nothing whatsoever, to substantiate this invention of a few radical later-day Calvinissts.

And of course, others have present MANY Scriptures that specifically, verbatim, boldly state that Jesus died for all. So, you simply must "spin" them upside down and inside out, until the "mean" the exact opposite of what these MANY Scriptures verbatim state.

You should think about that.

But you won't.

I don't claim Jesus died for a few, minority. I state that Jesus died for all whom God has chosen from throughout all the world and throughout all ages. This is biblical and proven in scripture.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Ps91, you do not use scripture. Your comments are simply your opinions.
How many scriptures have you been shown in this thread? You want repeats ad nausium, no I think not as you will never change your mind

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
[MENTION=13]Josiah[/MENTION], if you go to a store and purchase items do you take them home with you or do you leave them in the store?
You claim that Jesus purchased every human in his atoning sacrifice, yet you state that Jesus leaves many of those he purchased to eternal damnation.

Last edited:

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
How many scriptures have you been shown in this thread? You want repeats ad nausium, no I think not as you will never change your mind
Satan showed Jesus verses. Did he use those verses in context or out of context. I encourage you to discern scripture in its context.

RichWh1

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
What I learned at University is that while the blood of Jesus is sufficient for all it is efficient for the elect.

What this means is that while all can be saved not all will be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes

There's an adage that explains why some actions are unwise. It says, in essence, that one ought not spit into the wind. The reason is obvious.

I will not spend the time needed to explain to you what you can discover for yourself with little or no effort. I will not explain it to you because it is likely that you will ignore any explanation offered anyway and because obtaining the information is as easy as looking up words in a dictionary to discover what the words mean.

And, of course, the holy scriptures do in fact say that the Lord, Jesus Christ, did die for all.

For the love of Christ controls us, because we have concluded this: that one has died for all, therefore all have died; and he died for all, that those who live might no longer live for themselves but for him who for their sake died and was raised.

Last edited:

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
There's an adage that explains why some actions are unwise. It says, in essence, that one ought not spit into the wind. The reason is obvious.

I will not spend the time needed to explain to you what you can discover for yourself with little or no effort. I will not explain it to you because it is likely that you will ignore any explanation offered anyway and because obtaining the information is as easy as looking up words in a dictionary to discover what the words mean.

And, of course, the holy scriptures do in fact say that the Lord, Jesus Christ, did die for all.

YourTruthGod

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Satan showed Jesus verses. Did he use those verses in context or out of context. I encourage you to discern scripture in its context.

Was John Calvin in the desert too?

YourTruthGod

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Notice that the "whoever" in all these passages does not mean "all humans".

You didn't read what I wrote carefully enough, because I already addressed that. I know what Calvinists say and I already addressed it.

Here it is again what I said:

The whoever are defined by all the passages that declare we were chosen by God. There are 30 or more passages expressing God's choosing, election and predestination of those who will believe.

No such thing. A person has to come into the covenant.

You preaching not to do what God says to do to get saved is a grave sin.

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
You didn't read what I wrote carefully enough, because I already addressed that. I know what Calvinists say and I already addressed it.

Here it is again what I said:

No such thing. A person has to come into the covenant.

You preaching not to do what God says to do to get saved is a grave sin.

Based upon your claims you must be a universalist. Read what you wrote.
"Savior of all men."

YourTruthGod

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Based upon your claims you must be a universalist. Read what you wrote.
"Savior of all men."

Jesus is the Savior of all men, but not all will accept that truth and they reject Jesus.

Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved.

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Jesus is the Savior of all men, but not all will accept that truth and they reject Jesus.

Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved.
...but...but...but...
Your teaching is that men are more powerful than God. Men by their shear power accept or reject God. God is powerless to do anything about it.
How pathetic your dogma is. You make God wimpy and remove the glory due His name. Your view is shameful and you don't care.

Top Bottom