It's time to replace theological bombast with unity in the Spirit

Brighten04

Religious Affiliation
Protestant
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I looked up Micael Brown on Amazon.com. Check it out.
https://www.amazon.com/Michael-L.-Brown/e/B001IZVFFU/ref=sr_tc_2_0?qid=1493850615&sr=8-2-ent

See, this is what I am talking about. First Creflo Dollar was not asking him for any dollars to my knowledge. I remember all that flak about the private jet. But he just asked. People were under no bondage to give to him. And all of the books Michael Brown is selling, it sounds a bit like pot calling the kettle. I read the article. Did you read it all the way through? Here is what he said at the end.

Why should I begrudge someone from enjoying God's blessings? If they are not greedy for gain and if they do not see godliness as a means towards financial prosperity—something that Paul denounced in the strongest terms in 1 Timothy 6—then what they do with their money is between them and God.

Over the last 39 years, my wife and I have been blessed with some very nice houses and with some not-so-nice houses (and apartments), and we weren't any more holy living in a small apartment than in a spacious house. Being poor doesn't mean that you're spiritual and being rich doesn't mean that you're carnal.

I just wonder how much he got paid for that article. Some people just can't stand to see people more successful than they. It is sad.

Brighten04

Religious Affiliation
Protestant
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married

Rens

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
In Relationship
I looked up Micael Brown on Amazon.com. Check it out.
https://www.amazon.com/Michael-L.-Brown/e/B001IZVFFU/ref=sr_tc_2_0?qid=1493850615&sr=8-2-ent

See, this is what I am talking about. First Creflo Dollar was not asking him for any dollars to my knowledge. I remember all that flak about the private jet. But he just asked. People were under no bondage to give to him. And all of the books Michael Brown is selling, it sounds a bit like pot calling the kettle. I read the article. Did you read it all the way through? Here is what he said at the end.

I just wonder how much he got paid for that article. Some people just can't stand to see people more successful than they. It is sad.

Lol I think he makes some money too on it. People talked to him about it on Facebook.
Would not be tolerated in Holland lolz.

Brighten04

Religious Affiliation
Protestant
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Lol I think he makes some money too on it. People talked to him about it on Facebook.
Would not be tolerated in Holland lolz.

LOL, That is what you think. You would be surprised at what goes on in religious circles in Holland.

Rens

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
In Relationship
LOL, That is what you think. You would be surprised at what goes on in religious circles in Holland.

There's a few that are influenced by those preachers. But you cannot ever earn that much here, 60 percent or more goes to taxes. Most evangelical churches are small. My ex had a small church and he got 700 euro a month before the 2008 crisis. We went to a pastors conference here. They all envied him, cause they got nothing.

Rens

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
In Relationship

Brighten04

Religious Affiliation
Protestant
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
. They all envied him, cause they got nothing.

See, big money or small money, if it is more than some people get, envy and jealousy rears it's head.

The worst one in Holland: 180.000 wow didn't know that.
Reformed: 60.000 as a max, but this is all without taxes, 30 percent or something goes off it
baptist: 30.000 max
catholic: 15.000 max a year
evangelicals isn't even in the list

https://www.google.nl/amp/s/goedgelo...nederland/amp/

See. Told ya. LOL.

ImaginaryDay2

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Preaching the tithe is truth. The lie is, you don't have to honor the Word. Our Father's Word is tied up in His promise about the tithe. And if you do not pay the tithe, you are robbing God and you will suffer loss.

How is this "replacing theological bombast with unity in the Spirit"?

Brighten04

Religious Affiliation
Protestant
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
How is this "replacing theological bombast with unity in the Spirit"?

Oh, that was a response to Rens post # 22. Are you targeting me and my posts Imaginary Day?

ImaginaryDay2

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Yes
Are you targeting me and my posts Imaginary Day?

No. I asked a question. I wanted to find out how stating "...if you do not pay the tithe, you are robbing God and you will suffer loss." promotes unity in the Spirit - the topic of the thread. As one who is suffering loss at the moment, the statement doesn't do much to promote that unity, but to separate.

Last edited:

popsthebuilder

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Show me scripture to support this. Jesus praised the poor woman who gave her last two pennies.
We are to be giving to those in need.

If you drive a luxury car then you don't need. Money given to churches should be used for upkeep/ maintenance (not extravagance), and should be used for the needs of the people in need.

It is not to be used as payment for services provided. It is my opinion that a priest, preacher, pastor, whatever, should make no income from their services whatsoever.

They are to be doing the work of the Lord; a thing wholly gratifying in itself. It is to be to the glorying of GOD by man, not glorification of the materail status of man, but neglecting it.

GOD provides sustinence. If one had faith in GOD and did what was right with the donations then surely they would be provided for too, separately, from a different source, and pot.

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Brighten04

Religious Affiliation
Protestant
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
No. I asked a question. I wanted to find out how stating "...if you do not pay the tithe, you are robbing God and you will suffer loss." promotes unity in the Spirit - the topic of the thread. As one who is suffering loss at the moment, the statement doesn't do much to promote that unity, but to separate.

I just stated scripture. It is not my idea but our Heavenly Father's. Maybe you should pray about it. Maybe you should agree with scripture and start paying your tithe.I posted the scripture for your edification. :)

Brighten04

Religious Affiliation
Protestant
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married

If you drive a luxury car then you don't need. Money given to churches should be used for upkeep/ maintenance (not extravagance), and should be used for the needs of the people in need.

It is not to be used as payment for services provided. It is my opinion that a priest, preacher, pastor, whatever, should make no income from their services whatsoever.

They are to be going the work of the Lord; a thing wholly gratifying in itself. It is to be to the glorying of GOD by man, not glorification of the materail status of man, but neglecting it.

GOD provides sustinence. If one had faith in GOD and did what was right with he donations then surely they would be provided for too, separately from a different source, and pot.

Yeah, that is a nice sentiment and sounds very religious. But preachers today do not preach for no money. I don't know if they ever did.

popsthebuilder

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yeah, that is a nice sentiment and sounds very religious. But preachers today do not preach for no money. I don't know if they ever did.
There is only one high priest.

The elect wouldn't spread the good news for a fee.

Pretty sure Jesus would have something to say about that.

Did He charge people for the miracles and the self sacrifice and the teachings and the example?

What about the apostles? Didn't they forsake all for the Christ?

Did they not sell all they had for the sake of the body of the Christ?

I recall two that did not and they died.

Tradition is not synonymous with correct.

peace

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes

Preachers in the Brethren movement do not receive a salary nor do preachers from Jehovah's Witnesses, the former are generally acknowledged to be Christians and the latter are not yet both groups do not make such a fuss about money in their preaching as the televangelists do.

Rens

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
In Relationship

They are to be going the work of the Lord; a thing wholly gratifying in itself. It is to be to the glorying of GOD by man, not glorification of the materail status of man, but neglecting it.

GOD provides sustinence. If one had faith in GOD and did what was right with he donations then surely they would be provided for too, separately from a different source, and pot.

No income? That's what a lot in Holland think too. Paul was so nice to not ask but the rest got money if they worked full time.
My ex first got 700, later nothing. I had a job 4 days a week so it was no problem. Then I got pregnant 3 times in a row and it gets irritating if the church members are filthy rich but expect him to work for free so I said please take a normal job.
One woman lived in a castle with 20 guest rooms. She was so rich. She needed personal prayer for a whole week and expected him to go do that for free. He said good luck go to Canada then if you need that kind of prayer. She did and it costed thousands but she didn't complain about that.
Opposite of America lol, well what you see on tv, I read that with smaller churches it's the same.

Last edited:

popsthebuilder

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No income? That's what a lot in Holland think too. Paul was so nice to not ask but the rest got money if they worked full time.
My ex first got 700, later nothing. I had a job 4 days a week so it was no problem. Then I got pregnant 3 times in a row and it gets irritating if the church members are filthy rich but expect him to work for free so I said please take a normal job.
One woman lived in a castle with 20 guest rooms. She was so rich. She needed personal prayer for a whole week and expected him to go do that for free. He said good luck go to Canada then if you need that kind of prayer. She did and it costed thousands but she didn't complain about that.
Opposite of America lol.
Why would someone need a week of prayer?

Does GOD not know what HIS creation needs?

Rens

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
In Relationship
Why would someone need a week of prayer?

Does GOD not know what HIS creation needs?

Counselling and stuff
I had that in Canada too. Took us years to get rid of that debt.

popsthebuilder

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Counselling and stuff
That isn't spreading the Word nor is it prayer, and is different.
People should be compensated for services provided. The work of GOD not the work of man as the scriptures testify. If they want compensation of this material world, or even do it for the sake of reward in the hereafter then it is not for good reasons or the right one.

What is said about those who seek reward or payment from man for the things of GOD?

peace

Last edited:

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
I do not think I'd pay anybody to pray for me.

Top Bottom