Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
In Relationship
I tried the link and got only ads.
It's Time to Replace Theological Bombast with Unity in The Spirit

By MICHAEL BROWN
Oct 28, 2013 | 1:26 PM

It has been said that heaven, at one and the same time, will be a great eye-opener and a great mouth-closer. You will be surprised to see many people there, and many people will be surprised to see you there. How true this is!

In the last week, I have been criticized for failing to condemn Joel Osteen and Creflo Dollar to hell while on the other hand, I have been criticized for daring to take issue with their messages at all.

Someone claimed that Bill Johnson was the "biggest wolf ever" while, on the other side of the spectrum, someone claimed that John MacArthur was guilty of blaspheming the Spirit.

A Calvinist told me that Mike Bickle was a false teacher while someone else asked me how a Calvinist like James White could even be saved.

Yes, I want Breaking Christian News
SUBMIT
I witnessed one pastor being attacked for saying that those who did not believe in divine healing were preaching a "different gospel" while he, in turn, was condemned for preaching a "different gospel."

And then were the lovely tweets like these: "Charismaticism is a cult of Satan" and "cessationists who mock [charismatics], mock for the same reason why Elijah mocked false prophets. Why Ezekiel called idols dung pellets."

How can we possibly move forward in the midst of such division and name-calling?

I would urge everyone involved on all sides of today's doctrinal and practical controversies to tone down the rhetoric so we can focus on the real issues involved.

Calling everyone you differ with a "heretic" doesn't help the cause of Christ, and Church history has more than enough examples of Christians damning other Christians to hell (or even drowning them or burning them at the stake).

The fact is that non-essential doctrinal differences don't determine who goes to heaven and who goes to hell, and as passionate as we might be about our beliefs, if someone holds to the essential fundamentals of the faith and has not denied the Lord by living a life of unrepentant sin, that person is our brother or sister.

They may or may not speak in tongues; they may be Calvinist or Arminian; they may reject or accept female pastors; they may be pre-trib, mid-trib, post-trib, or no-trib; they may believe in divine healing for today or believe that sickness can be a gift from God – this is just the beginning of a very long potential list – but if they have recognized themselves as lost sinners, put their trust in Jesus, the divine Son, as the only Savior and Lord, believed that he died for their sins and rose from the dead, and they now live a new life of obedience to him, according to God's Word they are saved, which makes them part of the same spiritual family.

In light of this, we need to be very careful about calling other believers "heretics" or branding something a "different gospel," something so extreme that Paul pronounced a curse (anathema) on those who preached it (see Galatians 1:6-9).

In other words, Paul was not speaking of differences that believers might have within the faith (and, as I just stated, there are quite a few of those). Rather, he was speaking about a different message entirely, one that was completely outside the faith, a message that could not save. In fact, it was a message that would actually damn people rather than save them.
In the case of the Galatians, there were people whom Paul described as "false brothers" (Galatians 2:4) who were teaching that in order for a person to be saved, he had to be circumcised and keep the Law of Moses. According to Paul, this was a "different gospel" which was not the gospel at all.

Yet Paul didn't say this about some of the other errors he had to deal with among believers in other cities, since the errors were not grave enough to disqualify someone from the kingdom.

And while he did call out people who had departed from the faith, like "Hymenaeus and Philetus, who have swerved from the truth, saying that the resurrection has already happened" (2 Tim. 2:17-18), he didn't stop there. He also added, "But God's firm foundation stands, bearing this seal: "The Lord knows those who are his," and, "Let everyone who names the name of the Lord depart from iniquity." (2 Tim. 2:19)

In other words, even though there are heretics, God knows those who are truly saved; as for us, if we claim to be his we must depart from iniquity.

Why then must be so quick to go beyond the rule of Scripture and take it upon ourselves to damn to hell other professing believers if, to repeat, they hold to the fundamentals of the faith and have not denied the Lord in word or deed?

At one point in their ministries, there was a very serious division between John Wesley (1703-1791) and George Whitefield (1714-1770) over the doctrines of predestination and election, and even though they reunited in the Lord, their followers did not unite as quickly, if at all.

Yet there were others who were pained by the division, having richly benefited from both of their ministries. (This reminds me of an email I received from a young man who wrote, "I've been listening to Pastor MacArthur in the morning on my way to work and Dr. Brown's radio show at night for a while now. Please keep this in mind, both Dr. Brown and MacArthur have been the top two Christian leaders in helping me come to Christ and helping me to not fall away by reminding me to keep my focus on Jesus." This is very meaningful to me in the midst of my differences with my esteemed senior colleague, Pastor MacArthur.)

May I suggest that this famous exchange, which took place after Whitefield had died, has a relevant lesson for all of us who are passionate about our beliefs and zealous for the truth?

A woman who had been blessed by both men's ministries approached Wesley after Whitefield's death, wanting to ask him a question, explaining that she was "very much afraid what the answer will be."

With Wesley's encouragement and despite her fears, she asked, "Dear Mr. Wesley, do you expect to see dear Mr. Whitefield in heaven?"

After a long pause Wesley replied, "No, madam," causing the woman to exclaim, "Ah, I was afraid you would say so."

Wesley then explained with intense earnestness, "Do not misunderstand me, madam; George Whitefield was so bright a star in the firmament of God's glory, and will stand so near the throne, that one like me, who am less than the least, will never catch a glimpse of him."

Perhaps if we too approached our differences with more deference and humility we would be more effective in our witness for Jesus and closer to the prayer for unity that he himself prayed (John 17). We could still expose error as we saw it and still hold to our convictions with passion before God, but if could do it without condemning to hell other believers who differ with us.

So let's put the theological bombast aside and be "eager to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. There is one body and one Spirit--just as you were called to the one hope that belongs to your call--one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all" (Eph 4:3-6).

Brighten04

Religious Affiliation
Protestant
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I KNEW it !!! What's she sellin' now?! :;;D:
( Ya gotta watch her, I think she might be
one of them 'Pennycostalots' )

:rofl3: The ads were for flea and tick repellent and airline tickets

Brighten04

Religious Affiliation
Protestant
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
From the article:
But if they have recognized themselves as lost sinners, put their trust in Jesus, the divine Son, as the only Savior and Lord, believed that he died for their sins and rose from the dead, and they now live a new life of obedience to him, according to God's Word they are saved, which makes them part of the same spiritual family.
And also those who say none of the above?
Maybe he does not know about any of those.

Rens

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
In Relationship
From the article:

And also those who say none of the above?
Maybe he does not know about any of those.

Yes he does, but he's really smart. He can debate anyone and stay respectful, he debated a lot of rabbi's too and one guy who's waaaay off, a full preterist, he stays friendly and preaches the truth.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes

By MICHAEL BROWN
Oct 28, 2013 | 1:26 PM

It has been said that heaven, at one and the same time, will be a great eye-opener and a great mouth-closer. You will be surprised to see many people there, and many people will be surprised to see you there. How true this is!

In the last week, I have been criticized for failing to condemn Joel Osteen and Creflo Dollar to hell while on the other hand, I have been criticized for daring to take issue with their messages at all.

Someone claimed that Bill Johnson was the "biggest wolf ever" while, on the other side of the spectrum, someone claimed that John MacArthur was guilty of blaspheming the Spirit.

A Calvinist told me that Mike Bickle was a false teacher while someone else asked me how a Calvinist like James White could even be saved.

Yes, I want Breaking Christian News
SUBMIT
I witnessed one pastor being attacked for saying that those who did not believe in divine healing were preaching a "different gospel" while he, in turn, was condemned for preaching a "different gospel."

And then were the lovely tweets like these: "Charismaticism is a cult of Satan" and "cessationists who mock [charismatics], mock for the same reason why Elijah mocked false prophets. Why Ezekiel called idols dung pellets."

How can we possibly move forward in the midst of such division and name-calling?

I would urge everyone involved on all sides of today's doctrinal and practical controversies to tone down the rhetoric so we can focus on the real issues involved.

Calling everyone you differ with a "heretic" doesn't help the cause of Christ, and Church history has more than enough examples of Christians damning other Christians to hell (or even drowning them or burning them at the stake).

The fact is that non-essential doctrinal differences don't determine who goes to heaven and who goes to hell, and as passionate as we might be about our beliefs, if someone holds to the essential fundamentals of the faith and has not denied the Lord by living a life of unrepentant sin, that person is our brother or sister.

They may or may not speak in tongues; they may be Calvinist or Arminian; they may reject or accept female pastors; they may be pre-trib, mid-trib, post-trib, or no-trib; they may believe in divine healing for today or believe that sickness can be a gift from God – this is just the beginning of a very long potential list – but if they have recognized themselves as lost sinners, put their trust in Jesus, the divine Son, as the only Savior and Lord, believed that he died for their sins and rose from the dead, and they now live a new life of obedience to him, according to God's Word they are saved, which makes them part of the same spiritual family.

In light of this, we need to be very careful about calling other believers "heretics" or branding something a "different gospel," something so extreme that Paul pronounced a curse (anathema) on those who preached it (see Galatians 1:6-9).

In other words, Paul was not speaking of differences that believers might have within the faith (and, as I just stated, there are quite a few of those). Rather, he was speaking about a different message entirely, one that was completely outside the faith, a message that could not save. In fact, it was a message that would actually damn people rather than save them.
In the case of the Galatians, there were people whom Paul described as "false brothers" (Galatians 2:4) who were teaching that in order for a person to be saved, he had to be circumcised and keep the Law of Moses. According to Paul, this was a "different gospel" which was not the gospel at all.

Yet Paul didn't say this about some of the other errors he had to deal with among believers in other cities, since the errors were not grave enough to disqualify someone from the kingdom.

And while he did call out people who had departed from the faith, like "Hymenaeus and Philetus, who have swerved from the truth, saying that the resurrection has already happened" (2 Tim. 2:17-18), he didn't stop there. He also added, "But God's firm foundation stands, bearing this seal: "The Lord knows those who are his," and, "Let everyone who names the name of the Lord depart from iniquity." (2 Tim. 2:19)

In other words, even though there are heretics, God knows those who are truly saved; as for us, if we claim to be his we must depart from iniquity.

Why then must be so quick to go beyond the rule of Scripture and take it upon ourselves to damn to hell other professing believers if, to repeat, they hold to the fundamentals of the faith and have not denied the Lord in word or deed?

At one point in their ministries, there was a very serious division between John Wesley (1703-1791) and George Whitefield (1714-1770) over the doctrines of predestination and election, and even though they reunited in the Lord, their followers did not unite as quickly, if at all.

Yet there were others who were pained by the division, having richly benefited from both of their ministries. (This reminds me of an email I received from a young man who wrote, "I've been listening to Pastor MacArthur in the morning on my way to work and Dr. Brown's radio show at night for a while now. Please keep this in mind, both Dr. Brown and MacArthur have been the top two Christian leaders in helping me come to Christ and helping me to not fall away by reminding me to keep my focus on Jesus." This is very meaningful to me in the midst of my differences with my esteemed senior colleague, Pastor MacArthur.)

May I suggest that this famous exchange, which took place after Whitefield had died, has a relevant lesson for all of us who are passionate about our beliefs and zealous for the truth?

A woman who had been blessed by both men's ministries approached Wesley after Whitefield's death, wanting to ask him a question, explaining that she was "very much afraid what the answer will be."

With Wesley's encouragement and despite her fears, she asked, "Dear Mr. Wesley, do you expect to see dear Mr. Whitefield in heaven?"

After a long pause Wesley replied, "No, madam," causing the woman to exclaim, "Ah, I was afraid you would say so."

Wesley then explained with intense earnestness, "Do not misunderstand me, madam; George Whitefield was so bright a star in the firmament of God's glory, and will stand so near the throne, that one like me, who am less than the least, will never catch a glimpse of him."

Perhaps if we too approached our differences with more deference and humility we would be more effective in our witness for Jesus and closer to the prayer for unity that he himself prayed (John 17). We could still expose error as we saw it and still hold to our convictions with passion before God, but if could do it without condemning to hell other believers who differ with us.

So let's put the theological bombast aside and be "eager to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. There is one body and one Spirit--just as you were called to the one hope that belongs to your call--one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all" (Eph 4:3-6).

Glad to see no mention of Luther or Lutherans

While I agree that we ARE one faith, one Lord, one baptism.... full members of one holy Catholic church (although some here at CH blast me for believing that). I don't think that means that truth is irrelevant, heresy is just awesome and cool, and that if one CLAIMS to be a Christian ergo that one is (Case in point: I had a Bhakti HINDU friend who argued that Christianity and Hindusim are really one religion.... he was wrong). I can (AND passionately do) regard Catholics for example to be my FULL, UNseparated, equally blessed brothers and sisters in Christ, FULLY a part of the one holy catholic church (as much as I).... I don't think ergo - in order to be nice - I have to agree that the Bishop of Rome is infallible or in Purgatory as dogma or in Transubstantiation as dogma. Indeed, I think there is very sound Biblical instruction that we are to use Scripture to correct. I think some confuse respect with relativism. They are unrelated.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Since none of us can see the hearts of others, we have to go by their confession of faith. Telling someone he's going to hell, like I have seen many try to tell Catholics, even though they believe in the Savior is not Christ-like. Christ told the disciples in Luke 9 that if he's not against us then he's for us.

We are also not to be so quick to embrace doctrine that goes against what scripture says for the sake of ecumenical reasons. Paul told Timothy to stick to sound doctrine. And in Galatians we are warned about the dangers of what a little yeast can do to the whole loaf and that's not in a good way ;)

Rens

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
In Relationship
Since none of us can see the hearts of others, we have to go by their confession of faith. Telling someone he's going to hell, like I have seen many try to tell Catholics, even though they believe in the Savior is not Christ-like. Christ told the disciples in Luke 9 that if he's not against us then he's for us.

We are also not to be so quick to embrace doctrine that goes against what scripture says for the sake of ecumenical reasons. Paul told Timothy to stick to sound doctrine. And in Galatians we are warned about the dangers of what a little yeast can do to the whole loaf and that's not in a good way ;)

Yes I agree with him, but I think he takes it too far, he hangs around with everyone and doesn't say anything about it. You can't be friends with Creflo Dollar and not warn the guy. I saw people on internet who had a dream about Morris Cerullo and they said: let's pray for him. In that dream he said: thanks guys, I could have died.
I used to go to charismatic renewal services, but I don't anymore, cause they're all friends with each other and nothing gets tested. Preacher here is great, I listen to him, but he also invites Johnson with his glory cloud nonsense, so I don't go anymore.

Brighten04

Religious Affiliation
Protestant
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes I agree with him, but I think he takes it too far, he hangs around with everyone and doesn't say anything about it. You can't be friends with Creflo Dollar and not warn the guy. I saw people on internet who had a dream about Morris Cerullo and they said: let's pray for him. In that dream he said: thanks guys, I could have died.
I used to go to charismatic renewal services, but I don't anymore, cause they're all friends with each other and nothing gets tested. Preacher here is great, I listen to him, but he also invites Johnson with his glory cloud nonsense, so I don't go anymore.

What is wrong with Dollar,Cerullo, and Johnson? I have listed to them and I see nothing wrong with their message.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes

By MICHAEL BROWN
Oct 28, 2013 | 1:26 PM...

It didn't work. 4 years and it didn't work!

:smirk:

Rens

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
In Relationship
What is wrong with Dollar,Cerullo, and Johnson? I have listed to them and I see nothing wrong with their message.

Dollar I heard him once, crazy, money, money, money, advice for single women: take a guy with money lol. Don't really know about Cerullo, it was also some money scandal, for the rest I thought his teachings were good and Johnson had that glitter come from the roof which was a glory cloud. One guy said: if there was a real Glory cloud in the O.T. people fell on the floor and thought they died in great awe of God, now they take a cell phone out and film gold glitter.

https://www.google.nl/amp/s/delight...-jesus-culture-glory-cloud-and-mysticism/amp/

Brighten04

Religious Affiliation
Protestant
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Dollar I heard him once, crazy, money, money, money, advice for single women: take a guy with money lol. Don't really know about Cerullo, it was also some money scandal, for the rest I thought his teachings were good and Johnson had that glitter come from the roof which was a glory cloud. One guy said: if there was a real Glory cloud in the O.T. people fell on the floor and thought they died in great awe of God, now they take a cell phone out and film gold glitter.

I think you should have another listen sister.. They preach Christ and faith and grace. Try youtube.

Rens

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
In Relationship
I think you should have another listen sister.. They preach Christ and faith and grace. Try youtube.

Book from Creflo: you're supposed to be wealthy.
God said to my ex, cause we used to be a huge fan of all those American health and wealth preachers: if they ask for and have so much money, beware of what they teach. If they get that insane rich from the gospel I don't even listen to 'em anymore. Some non believers in Holland said to people who went to Benny Hinn: don't give a cent, he has money enough, 2 houses and a huge swimming pool. I was like: how dare they say that and now I'm like: yup you're right.
Lol one American guy preached in Holland. He didn't get a cent with the offering cause the translater translated him wrong when he talked about his yard and he thought yaught lolz, Dutch people be like: you don't get a cent from me.

Morris Cerullo:

http://www.midnightinamerica.net/docs/lit/mw/mw-mor.htm

Last edited:

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Josiah said:
While I agree that we ARE one faith, one Lord, one baptism.... full members of one holy Catholic church (although some here at CH blast me for believing that). I don't think that means that truth is irrelevant, heresy is just awesome and cool, and that if one CLAIMS to be a Christian ergo that one is (Case in point: I had a Bhakti HINDU friend who argued that Christianity and Hindusim are really one religion.... he was wrong). I can (AND passionately do) regard Catholics for example to be my FULL, UNseparated, equally blessed brothers and sisters in Christ, FULLY a part of the one holy catholic church (as much as I).... I don't think ergo - in order to be nice - I have to agree that the Bishop of Rome is infallible or in Purgatory as dogma or in Transubstantiation as dogma. Indeed, I think there is very sound Biblical instruction that we are to use Scripture to correct. I think some confuse respect with relativism. They are unrelated.

We are also not to be so quick to embrace doctrine that goes against what scripture says for the sake of ecumenical reasons. Paul told Timothy to stick to sound doctrine. And in Galatians we are warned about the dangers of what a little yeast can do to the whole loaf and that's not in a good way

I agree, Lamm....

1. I don't accept that Truth is irrelevant. I don't agree with Pontius Pilate that Truth is unknowable. I think one of the tragedies of modern Christianity is the death of Truth and the substitution of emotionalism and relativism. "Kumbyah'ism" is often nothing more than "Truth doesn't matter..... Truth is bad..... let's just all FEEL nice, it's all about how we FEEL - not God, not Truth." The Bible has a lot to say about Truth and about correcting those who are theologically wrong. Sadly, many Christian churches, denominations and website discussion forums have bought into relativism and emotionalism hook, line and sinker in hopes of causing hugs and increasing attendance/membership/involvement. I have been rebuked and even persecuted at some websites because of this stance....

2. On the other hand, I passionately believe Christians are one body, one fellowship, one holy catholic church..... FULL, UNSEPARATE, EQUAL brothers and sisters in Christ. Many have rebuked me for this... and while I believe that IS my relationship to others, many have gone out of their way to not return ANY of this to me or to Lutherans. It's okay, but I've often found the ones whinning the most about not being embraced are often the ones who won't accept others as their FULL, UNSEPARATED, EQUAL, EQUALLY BLESSED brothers and sisters in one, holy, catholic church.

3. Not only has relativism taken over modern Western Christianity, but so has individualism and egoism. So many persons and denominations have become obsessed with SELF.... what SELF feels, the power/authority self insists that SELF has.... the promoting/protection of SELF. Denominations out to just promote itself..... people just out to promote self.... Lots of egos are at play..... lots of institutions doing what institutions by nature seem to do (protect/promote the institution). Gone is any embrace of the church as US..... gone is any embrace of MYSTERY..... gone is any embrace of humility. Self seems to think a LOT of the brain of self, the opinions of self.... Truth doesn't seem to matter, the Cross doesn't seem to matter as much as the feelings and brains and authority of self. All this has it's roots in the Roman Empire and goes WAY back in our history, but it took control in the Enlightenment and has spread (like a cancer) all over Christianity (especially Western Christianity). We need more humility, we need less power-struggles, individualism, institutionalism. We need more of Christ, less of self.... lifting high the Cross rather than the one self sees in the mirror We need it in Justification.... we need it in everything in Christianity.

All who have known me all these years (I've been posting on these sites for about 15 years now) know I'm pretty much about these 3 things..... And know how passionately some disagree with me on them.

Soli Deo Gloria

- Josiah

Last edited:

Brighten04

Religious Affiliation
Protestant
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
God said to my ex, cause we used to be a huge fan of all those American health and wealth preachers: if they ask for and have so much money, beware of what they teach. If they get that insane rich from the gospel I don't even listen to 'em anymore. Some non believers in Holland said to people who went to Benny Hinn: don't give a cent, he has money enough, 2 houses and a huge swimming pool. I was like: how dare they say that and now I'm like: yup you're right.
Lol one American guy preached in Holland. He didn't get a cent with the offering cause the translater translated him wrong when he talked about his yard and he thought yaught lolz, Dutch people be like: you don't get a cent from me.

Yes they are rich, but they do not beat people over the head to make them give, buy their books, cd's, and dvd's. Every preacher gets donations. Even Dutch ones. LOL!And I don't think it was God speaking to your ex, for Paul said in the scripture
Philippians 1:14 And many of the brethren in the Lord, waxing confident by my bonds, are much more bold to speak the word without fear.

15 Some indeed preach Christ even of envy and strife; and some also of good will:

16 The one preach Christ of contention, not sincerely, supposing to add affliction to my bonds:

17 But the other of love, knowing that I am set for the defence of the gospel.

18 What then? notwithstanding, every way, whether in pretence, or in truth, Christ is preached; and I therein do rejoice, yea, and will rejoice.

So if the speaker to your ex was not saying rejoice, use discernment in identifying. The scripture says satan is the one accusing the bretheren. And the lie of satan to Christians is you are not suppose to be rich therefore when a lot of Christians see bretheren walking in the blessing of Abraham, they get jealous and envious, and they start to condemn their bretheren. But, it would be ok for THEM to have a best selling book,cd, dvd or other product. That is hypocrisy. Like I said, nobody forces people to buy. And God does promise to prosper the works of our hands.

Proverbs 10:22 The blessing of the Lord, it maketh rich, and he addeth no sorrow with it. KJV
Proverbs 10:22The blessing of the Lord brings wealth,
without painful toil for it NIV

Psalms 1:2 But his delight is in the law of the Lord; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.

3 And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.

Our Father in Heaven ain't poor. But some liars have told His children that they have to live in lack, poverty, raking and scraping to have their needs met. But Lord Jesus said he came that we might have life, and life more abundantly. Funny thing though, the ones who tell people that lie make millions of dollars a day. But our Father said He would meet our needs according to His riches in Glory! Our Father owns all of the cattle on a thousand hills. And He said if we delight ourselves in Him, He will give us the desires of our hearts. But liars have come preaching poverty and lack. Jesus came preaching good news to the poor. My goodness, I am beginning to rant. Here is some scripture to meditate.

John 10:10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

Philippians 4:19 But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

Psalms 50:10 For every beast of the forest is mine, and the cattle upon a thousand hills.

Proverbs 3:9 Honour the Lord with thy substance, and with the firstfruits of all thine increase:

10 So shall thy barns be filled with plenty, and thy presses shall burst out with new
wine.

Psalm 37:4 Delight thyself also in the Lord: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.

Matthew 11:5 The blind receive their sight, and the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, and the deaf hear, the dead are raised up, and the poor have the gospel preached to them.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
I spy with my discerning eye something beginning with s.

If the preacher is rich he does not need donations to defray costs. If he is advocating donations for charity take him at his word and give to your favourite charity but not to him. It's simple.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

Morris Cerullo:

http://www.midnightinamerica.net/docs/lit/mw/mw-mor.htm

People who preach prosperity gospel forget that we're blessed in order to be a blessing to others. Not to go out and buy that million dollar mansion.

Top Bottom