Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
What is the Gospel?

Question for the saints here on CH…
From your own perspective and understanding of Scripture, what is the Gospel?
When you share with someone, how do you present the Gospel, and what it means to you?

Not going to debate here at all. I am actually preparing a Bible Study series on the Gospel and am interested in the points of view of others who have a hope in Christ.

I know we can engage in some lively discussion at times here on CH, but is not our aim to grow in Christ, encourage one another and come to maturity as His Body?

So, if you’re willing, I truly would like to know how you would define the Gospel.
Again, I am not here to debate, and I ask that others would refrain from such as well. Thank you.

Peace & Blessings to all. And may the hope we have in Christ be strengthened as we celebrate His First Coming to this earth as the infant Jesus born in Bethlehem that glorious night.
Amen.

Michael

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married

Doug

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
What is the Gospel?

When you share with someone, how do you present the Gospel, and what it means to you?

Not going to debate here at all. I am actually preparing a Bible Study series on the Gospel and am interested in the points of view of others who have a hope in Christ.

I know we can engage in some lively discussion at times here on CH, but is not our aim to grow in Christ, encourage one another and come to maturity as His Body?

So, if you’re willing, I truly would like to know how you would define the Gospel.
Again, I am not here to debate, and I ask that others would refrain from such as well. Thank you.

Peace & Blessings to all. And may the hope we have in Christ be strengthened as we celebrate His First Coming to this earth as the infant Jesus born in Bethlehem that glorious night.
Amen.

This is the gospel by which we are saved.
1 Corinthians 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

We are all sinners who can not save ourselves.
See Romans 3:23 Titus 3:5 Romans 5:6

Christ died for our sins; He was our substitute, He paid the full penalty and debt for our sin by his blood sacrifice.
See 2 Corinthians 5:21 Romans 3:24 Romans 3:25 Romans 3:26

He was buried.

He rose again for our justification ( to declare us righteous) and forgiveness of all our sin. He gives us His righteousness and eternal life.
See Romans 4:25 Ephesians 1:7 Romans 4:22 Romans 4:23 Romans 4:24 1 Corinthians 1:30

All we have to do is believe the gospel.
See Romans 4:5 1 Corinthians 1:21 Ephesians 1:13

Believing is being persuaded that something is true.
See Romans 4:21

The moment you believe you have eternal life.
Titus 1:1 Titus 1:2 Titus 3:7

Trust the gospel of your salvation. Believe in Jesus Christ to have provided payment for your sins and to give you eternal life. Place your faith in Jesus Christ, in his blood, his death and his resurrection.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes

https://christianityhaven.com/showthread.php?1900-LAW-and-GOSPEL&highlight=Gospel

"GOSPEL" means "good news."
It is the GOOD NEWS of God's unconditional, unmerited LOVE ("agape"), of His mercy (not getting what we deserve) and grace (getting what we don't deserve).
It is the GOOD NEWS of His gifts and blessings.
It's all in view of the SAVIOR (both before and after His incarnation/death/resurrection), always in view of Christ, for "Christ's sake."

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
The gospel is the story of the birth, life, death and resurrection of Jesus. It is Christ centered

Michael

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married

"GOSPEL" means "good news."
It is the GOOD NEWS of God's unconditional, unmerited LOVE ("agape"), of His mercy (not getting what we deserve) and grace (getting what we don't deserve).
It is the GOOD NEWS of His gifts and blessings.
It's all in view of the SAVIOR (both before and after His incarnation/death/resurrection), always in view of Christ, for "Christ's sake."

Thank you for your perspective. :)

Blessings to you this Christmas as we celebrate the birth of the Christ.

Michael

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Thanks to those who have responded so far. I've gotten a few replies in other venues as well.

One of the reasons this question has come to my mind and prompted me personally to dig deeper, is the Truth that the "Gospel" was preached hundreds of year before the Man Jesus was born.
Indeed there is much more to the "Gospel" than we have known as a whole in the Christian religion.

Peace & Blessings to all who walk with Jesus.
Michael

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Thanks to those who have responded so far. I've gotten a few replies in other venues as well.

One of the reasons this question has come to my mind and prompted me personally to dig deeper, is the Truth that the "Gospel" was preached hundreds of year before the Man Jesus was born.
Indeed there is much more to the "Gospel" than we have known as a whole in the Christian religion.

Peace & Blessings to all who walk with Jesus.
Michael

You are correct. The Gospel was given right after the fall to Adam and Eve concerning the Savior who was to come: Genesis 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Trusting in that Gospel (by grace through faith) is what brings man to eternal life. It's the Good News.

Man, of course, in his arrogance doesn't accept that news and prefers to look back to self to try to please God. That news is not good.

Michael

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
A response I received in another forum in which I presented my question -

The good news is the eldest son fulfilling the Father's desire to heal His fractured family in a way that prevents all future issues from ever causing separation again, while we grow into union and image of the perfect human in order to run the family business - the management of the universe.

hjhsjnsshdjdh

Religious Affiliation
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Yes
What is the Gospel?

Amen.

The Gospel is the death, burial and resurrection of JESUS CHRIST. By faith, turning to GOD from your sin and receiving JESUS as your personal LORD and SAVIOR into your heart, asking forgiveness and believing that HE has forgiven you and given you eternal life.

hedrick

Religious Affiliation
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Gospel is "good news." There's no reason that has to be one very specific set of good news. The term seems to be used in the NT in at least two ways. One has been outlined already, 1 Cor 15. But in the Synoptics it's "the good news of the Kingdom." Jesus said that he was here to bring the Kingdom, which is God's rule. The Kingdom is both present and future. So part of the good news is that Christ's Kingdom is here now, we can live in it, and we're responsible for bringing others into it. However it will never be complete now, so there's also a future, which is 1 Cor 15, not just the early verses quoted here, but through 15:29 at least: the final coming of the Kingdom, where Christ hands over the Kingdom to God, and death is destroyed, and everything is under Christ and God.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
If the "good news" isn't about Jesus and God reconciling men to himself then it's not exactly "good news". Men tend to place the burden back upon men because they can't see the truth of the Gospel as it becomes foolishness to them.

Michael

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
If the "good news" isn't about Jesus and God reconciling men to himself then it's not exactly "good news". Men tend to place the burden back upon men because they can't see the truth of the Gospel as it becomes foolishness to them.

You are absolutely correct! That IS the Gospel: the restoration of the Creation to God, through Christ!

And when the Elect come to perfection, God's Way, this will come to pass. :)

Top Bottom