THE PROMISE OF THE LAND

Doug

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Genesis 13:14 And the LORD said unto Abram, after that Lot was separated from him, Lift up now thine eyes, and look from the place where thou art northward, and southward, and eastward, and westward:

13:15 For all the land which thou seest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed for ever.

13:16 And I will make thy seed as the dust of the earth: so that if a man can number the dust of the earth, then shall thy seed also be numbered.

13:17 Arise, walk through the land in the length of it and in the breadth of it; for I will give it unto thee.

The land, first promised in Genesis 12:7, was given to Israel by covenant. Israel failed to obey God in possessing the land in Deuteronomy 1:8.

It remains future, in the new covenant, that God will himself accomplish the promise of the land made to Israel as seen in Ezekiel 36:24.

The new covenant, and the land, was only given to the houses of Israel (Jeremiah 31:31 Romans 9:4). The church, the body of Christ, is promised heavenly places. The body of Christ has the spiritual blessings of Israel, not the physical. See Ephesians 1:3 Romans 15:27

Top Bottom