The ethics of silence

Lees

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
It is apalling to me that this forum chooses to not comment on the world shaking events taking place in the Mid-east at this time. I posted two new threads in the political and news sections last Saturday concerning Israel and Palestinian Hamas. Thus far only one person has responded and that briefly. And I haven't seen any others post anything about it.

Begs the question 'why'? Is this forum owned by a Muslim who doesn't want the horror of the Muslim's faith displayed? Or is this forum owned by Christians who hate Israel and who don't want to see their hatred displayed as they could care less what happens to Israel?

The ethics of silence. It can also be called the ethics of cowardice. I don't want to see it. I don't want to talk about it. If I don't see it and talk about it, then it really isn't happening. It's not my fault, why should I be concerned? It's way over there, who cares? Or worse, it is happening and I don't care what happens to Israel. After all, they killed Christ.

Perhaps the 'Reformed faith' of many has created this 'no care' attitude over Israel? Israel is no longer the Jews in that land over there. Israel is the Church. And these earth shaking movements in the mid-east, drawing the nations into an arena of war, of which Biblical prophecy speaks so much about, tend to support the Dispensational view of the Bible, and Israel. And ones Reformed faith is against such silliness. Best to be silent. Instead we will just talk about what I had for dinner last night.

I've always noticed how the word 'ignore' makes up the word 'ignorance'. In other words, ignore comes first. Then ignorance. Just an observation.

(Matt. 25:31-46) The ethics of silence.

My opinion.

Lees

Top Bottom