Jazzy

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Push notifications are clickable pop-up messages that appear on your users' browsers irrespective of which device they use or which browser they are on. Subscribers can be anywhere on the browser and still receive these messages as long as they are online or have their browsers running on their devices.
-----------------------------
Do you enable push notifications? (Why or Why Not)

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Not usually - I've found most sites that want to use them simply want to constantly jostle for my attention. As a rule there's nothing on any web site that I need to see right now. If a site is important I'll check it when I'm ready.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I never accept Push notifications. I'm still trying to figure out how to remove the ones that keep popping up from the Accuweather app. I had them turned off previously and the updated version changed it back.

Forgiven1

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Have you into settings, tapped on the app and turned off notifications? I know I had a few that I had to turn on and then off.
I never accept Push notifications. I'm still trying to figure out how to remove the ones that keep popping up from the Accuweather app. I had them turned off previously and the updated version changed it back.

I also turn off notifications except for iMessages. Anything else, I don't really need to see until I choose to.

Alexander

Religious Affiliation
Other Religion
Yes
I never accept push notifications in my web browser for any website. It distracts me from the task that I'm trying to accomplish online. I know push notifications can be used to monetize websites too.

Top Bottom