Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Smiths Station Mayor, Phenix City pastor commits suicide, sheriff confirms:
Prior to his death, News Leader 9 spoke with the 1819 News Reporter Craig Monger, who originally published an article showing several photos of Copeland dressed in women’s clothing. He says all the quotes in his story were from Phenix City Reverend and Smiths Station Mayor.

The article also included pictures of the pastor wearing women’s underwear that he posted on Instagram and Reddit.

While tragic, some people are blaming the news reporter. IMO, he had himself to blame for posting his private life and pictures on social media for the world to see.

In your opinion: Do you think the news reporter is at fault here? (Why/Why Not)

Stravinsk

Composer and Artist on Flat Earth
Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower

While tragic, some people are blaming the news reporter. IMO, he had himself to blame for posting his private life and pictures on social media for the world to see.

In your opinion: Do you think the news reporter is at fault here? (Why/Why Not)

It looks to me like the reporter just put the clues together and discovered who this person was. He made his private life very public just hiding behind a screen name. I looked at some of the photos, it seemed in at least one of them it was more than just cross dressing.

While I feel sorry for him, if I was living in the town he was the mayor of and/or attended the church where he was pastor, I'd want to know.

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
If you post something on social media you hardly get to complain if someone finds what you posted and joins the dots.

Castle Church

Religious Affiliation
Methodist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
The reporter is not at fault. Don't post private things on social media - it is "social" media after all.

Top Bottom