Lanman87

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
IDK I have my doubts based on his teaching
A true Catholic will answer yes to that question. They may doubt some of his teachings but they will not doubt his validity. My understanding of Catholicism is that any pope can be wrong in personal opinions but can not be wrong when speaking ex-cathedra. Having wrong teachings and opinions does not make a pope invalid.

Faithhopeandcharity

Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
Yes
A true Catholic will answer yes to that question. They may doubt some of his teachings but they will not doubt his validity. My understanding of Catholicism is that any pope can be wrong in personal opinions but can not be wrong when speaking ex-cathedra. Having wrong teachings and opinions does not make a pope invalid.
When did he speak ex-cathedral?
I’m not even sure he knows what it means
A group of traditional catholic children sent him a spiritual bouquet and he was surprised that they actually counted prayers, go figure
Some say he is not even a valid priest or bishop cos he was ordained with the rites of montini which are the same as the Anglican rites that were declared invalid by True pope Leo 13

Lanman87

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Marital Status
Married
Yes
When did he speak ex-cathedral?
To my knowledge, he hasn't. But he was elected by the College of Bishops, therefore either he is pope or the Roman Catholic churches claims of infallibility are wrong.

Faithhopeandcharity

Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
Yes
To my knowledge, he hasn't. But he was elected by the College of Bishops, therefore either he is pope or the Roman Catholic churches claims of infallibility are wrong.
It only applies to valid popes, not anti-popes or invalid popes, or usurpers, or imposters

Hope1960

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Sedevacantism is a doctrinal position within traditionalist Catholicism which holds that the present occupier of the Holy See is not a valid pope due to the mainstream church's alleged espousal of modernism and that, for lack of a valid pope, the See is vacant.

Here is a pretty good definition.
Sedevacantism is a doctrinal position within traditionalist Catholicism which holds that the present occupier of the Holy See is not a valid pope due to the mainstream church's alleged espousal of modernism and that, for lack of a valid pope, the See is vacant.

Here is a pretty good definition.
That explains a lot.

Hope1960

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Yes
He doubts they’re chosen in an election.

Lanman87

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Marital Status
Married
Yes
It only applies to valid popes, not anti-popes or invalid popes, or usurpers, or imposters
The church decides who are anti-popes. Not the laity. Right now the church says the pope is valid. Therefore he is valid. If you disagree then you aren't Catholic.

Faithhopeandcharity

Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
Yes
The church decides who are anti-popes. Not the laity. Right now the church says the pope is valid. Therefore he is valid. If you disagree then you aren't Catholic.
Then he must teach the catholic faith alone and stop refusing to be the sovereign Roman pontiff

Lanman87

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Then he must teach the catholic faith alone and stop refusing to be the sovereign Roman pontiff
Whether or not he is teaching the catholic faith is not for you to decide. It is for the magesterium of the church to decide. If they say he is teaching the true catholic faith then he is. That is, if you are really a Catholic.

Top Bottom