Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
I was finally able to get to the park to do my hiking and it was great! I even worked up a sweat because I wore a heavy jacket and it got up to 56F outside. Today will be warm too so I might go back.

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
My suggested workout today is 45 minutes of base effort. I'm happy with that. I'm meeting some friends at my favorite brewpub this afternoon so don't need to be eating and drinking heartily soon after heavy exercise. I'm debating whether to run my usual shorter circuit or do some laps of the local walking track which will be a bit easier and also offer a change of scenery. Repeated laps aren't the most interesting, and the surface isn't brilliant for running, but running the same route every day does get a bit tedious.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I tried running at the track. It was tedious. I don't think I'll be doing that any more, running minor variations of the same routes every time gets dull but not as dull as doing the same laps over and over.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
My husband and I went to the park to hike even though the sun wasn't out like it was for me yesterday. It was still invigorating.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I was able to get to the park to hike today since it got up to 60 degrees. It was hard to get back into it, but worth the effort.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Speed repeats on Friday, then a gentle walk on Saturday, a power walk on Sunday, a gentle run yesterday and a recovery-pace run today. I had a couple of extra gentle walks thrown in as well, so I've racked up a few miles these last several days.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
A gentle-ish 8 mile run today, running until my heart rate went into about the middle of my aerobic zone, then walked until it dropped to the middle of zone 2, rinse and repeat. Running doesn't feel particularly demanding at that pace, even though it's apparently the pace my tracker has registered as my lactate threshold pace. I think the issue there is that it measures my lactate threshold when I'm doing hill sprints.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
This thread kinda died out.

Today's fun was an hour of speed repeats with 25mph winds, gusting to 45mph. Trying to sprint up a hill into a 40mph headwind is demanding. But my fitness seems to be slowly improving still, so I'm OK with it. Today my watch clocked a lactate threshold several seconds faster than the last measurement which was good to see, especially given I expected the winds to mean all my metrics were reduced.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
This thread kinda died out.

Today's fun was an hour of speed repeats with 25mph winds, gusting to 45mph. Trying to sprint up a hill into a 40mph headwind is demanding. But my fitness seems to be slowly improving still, so I'm OK with it. Today my watch clocked a lactate threshold several seconds faster than the last measurement which was good to see, especially given I expected the winds to mean all my metrics were reduced.

Yeah, I've been really bad with getting my 10,000 daily steps and some days I'm lucky if I have enough energy to complete 7,500 steps. It has to do with my thyroid hormones and I get fatigued a lot.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Yeah, I've been really bad with getting my 10,000 daily steps and some days I'm lucky if I have enough energy to complete 7,500 steps. It has to do with my thyroid hormones and I get fatigued a lot.

From what I gather 7500 is still enough to make a positive difference. I read an article a while ago that the idea of 10,000 steps came from a Japanese word that was intended more as an approximation than a specific goal.

I like to get 10,000 steps, not least because my regular route for gives me about 9000-9500 so it's a small hop to get over that handy number. If I'm running it takes more - my stride length increases so I end up with more like 8000 steps. 2000 steps doesn't sound like a lot but if I'm at home for the rest of the day it's surprising how few steps I can end up taking, especially when my tracker doesn't always count them if I only take a few at a time. The other night I got up in the night to go to the bathroom and apparently I managed to get out of bed, walk to the bathroom, walk back and get back into bed, while accumulating 0 steps. Indoors I'm very light on my feet.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
From what I gather 7500 is still enough to make a positive difference. I read an article a while ago that the idea of 10,000 steps came from a Japanese word that was intended more as an approximation than a specific goal.

I like to get 10,000 steps, not least because my regular route for gives me about 9000-9500 so it's a small hop to get over that handy number. If I'm running it takes more - my stride length increases so I end up with more like 8000 steps. 2000 steps doesn't sound like a lot but if I'm at home for the rest of the day it's surprising how few steps I can end up taking, especially when my tracker doesn't always count them if I only take a few at a time. The other night I got up in the night to go to the bathroom and apparently I managed to get out of bed, walk to the bathroom, walk back and get back into bed, while accumulating 0 steps. Indoors I'm very light on my feet.

Yeah, I saw an article about the 7,500 steps, so that's why I allowed myself in the winter to not push myself. But then again, I wasn't pushing myself LOL Yesterday I easily got up to 10,000 steps since it's warmer outside and there were things to do.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Yeah, I saw an article about the 7,500 steps, so that's why I allowed myself in the winter to not push myself. But then again, I wasn't pushing myself LOL Yesterday I easily got up to 10,000 steps since it's warmer outside and there were things to do.

My suggested workout yesterday was 80 minutes of running so 10,000 steps passed by some time during that. Then I spent the evening with a youth group I help with, so chalked up a few more steps even if my legs weren't thanking me for it!

Today should be easier, my suggested workout is only 42 minutes.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I started going to the park again now that the weather is nicer so I can get at least a 3 mile hike in each time. Today my legs didn't want to move, but I saw deer and wild turkey!

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Today's suggested workout was 65 minutes and today I decided to just run the time rather than stop and walk when my pulse went a little high. So aside from a "comfort stop" as I passed by my church I ran the entire time. It was the first time I'd run consistently rather than pausing when my pulse edged up a bit for a while. The run-walk-run approach seems to yield better fitness numbers but I'm wondering whether that's down to a flaw in the algorithm.

Top Bottom