How does everyone feel about the online church sessions?

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
That type of analogy might have been applicable before the internet but we have SOOO many ways to keep in God's Word now. For those who can't make it to church, they don't have to fear about the above as long as they take advantage of what's out there.

I don't think it's as simple as that. Watching a church service online is better than nothing but still leaves people vulnerable to drifting away while they are isolated from people who might notice they are struggling.

Just like the person who is physically in church but browsing the web on their phone during the sermon isn't likely to get much from the sermon, so the person with a church service on the TV while they do something else is equally unlikely to get much out of it.

it can work, it's just far from ideal.

Faith

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Yes
That type of analogy might have been applicable before the internet but we have SOOO many ways to keep in God's Word now. For those who can't make it to church, they don't have to fear about the above as long as they take advantage of what's out there.
I think that online services, at least for me, are too distracting with my husband doing whatever he’s doing (he doesn’t go to church except Christmas and Easter), the dogs barking or needing to go out or whatever. I also think the lack of other people worshiping together makes it easier for it to affect my spirituality in a negative way.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I think that online services, at least for me, are too distracting with my husband doing whatever he’s doing (he doesn’t go to church except Christmas and Easter), the dogs barking or needing to go out or whatever. I also think the lack of other people worshiping together makes it easier for it to affect my spirituality in a negative way.

I wait to watch the video when my husband is at work. We have no pets so I have no distractions.

Faith

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I agree with tango in post #21.

Top Bottom