Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
So we had a gas leak. We have propane and the smell they add to the gas is slightly different than natural gas but still very stinky.

Women have a stronger sense of smell than men do and my husband could not detect the smell, nor could the guy we had come out here to fix it. At first the guy couldn't find the leak but eventually after he sprayed his solution all over the place, bubbles formed where I told him I could smell it the most and he said, "Look, you aren't crazy!"

I'm glad we got that taken care of. I don't feel like having my house explode any time soon.

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Gas leaks aren't good!

We had one years ago. I can't remember how we noticed it, we could only smell the gas in a really obscure corner of the house right by the gas meter. Once my wife mentioned she thought she could smell gas I hunted for it, and eventually found a tiny leak in the pipe that fed the meter. The gas company sent someone out to fix it that afternoon. They also gave us a discount on our bill to cover gas we might have been charged for but didn't get to use, which was a nice touch. The operator I spoke to said so many people gave her a hard time and she had some discretion to offer modest discounts to people, so she gave them to people who were nice to her.

Forgiven1

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
We had one in a house back in the late 80's. I kept telling people I smelled gas. They would come and check, nothing. One day I realized that when I was out of the house for a few hours, the headache I had would go away and then return when I returned home. I finally got them out again and they found a leak in a place not normally found. Fixed it and that took care of it, as well as the "musty" smell everyone smelled. At the time, I chalked up my sensitivity to being pregnant, but since then, I have developed a high sense of smell.

Alexander

Religious Affiliation
Other Religion
Yes
Glad that everybody is safe, and the house is still in one piece. Gas leaks are scary and dangerous, and you can still damage your health even if the place isn't in flames. Luckily, I've never had one, and I hope it stays this way.

Top Bottom