Stravinsk

Composer and Artist on Flat Earth
Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
Thread posted in Denomination Discussions, which I cannot reply to.

My favorite Sunday School memory was as a little kid, seeing a smile from a similar age girl directed my way. The memory stands out because for whatever reason, the smile was genuine, innocent, without guile and seeking, just love.

Lees

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Thread posted in Denomination Discussions, which I cannot reply to.

My favorite Sunday School memory was as a little kid, seeing a smile from a similar age girl directed my way. The memory stands out because for whatever reason, the smile was genuine, innocent, without guile and seeking, just love.

Funny isn't it? . Yet you learned to be deceptive and post a reply to a subject not allowed to you. You want to blame that on God and Christ also.

You want to present yourself as one who can recognize one who is 'genuine, innocent, without guile, seeking love' . Which of course you didn't recognize in the Church and so abandoned it. Nice frame.

Here is a real Sunday school memory. 2nd or 3rd grade. Class was 4 stories up. With windows you could open. I got there early and made paper airplanes. I opened the window and would sail them out. One went striaght down like a dive bomber. I looked below and my Sunday School teacher, an old man, was walking below coming to class. That paper airplane nailed him right on top of his balding head. He shot a glance up, and there I was hanging out the window looking. I grabbed the window and shut it. I knew I was in trouble.

When he got up there to class, he never said a thing.

Lees

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Funny isn't it? . Yet you learned to be deceptive and post a reply to a subject not allowed to you. You want to blame that on God and Christ also.

You want to present yourself as one who can recognize one who is 'genuine, innocent, without guile, seeking love' . Which of course you didn't recognize in the Church and so abandoned it. Nice frame.

Here is a real Sunday school memory. 2nd or 3rd grade. Class was 4 stories up. With windows you could open. I got there early and made paper airplanes. I opened the window and would sail them out. One went striaght down like a dive bomber. I looked below and my Sunday School teacher, an old man, was walking below coming to class. That paper airplane nailed him right on top of his balding head. He shot a glance up, and there I was hanging out the window looking. I grabbed the window and shut it. I knew I was in trouble.

When he got up there to class, he never said a thing.

Lees

Seriously? A user posts in an area he is allowed, to follow up a post in an area he's excluded from and you think that's deceptive? Perish the thought a non-Christian might have a memory to share about his childhood.

Let's also not pretend that every church is "genuine, innocent, without guile". I suspect you'll find enough people with enough hurts caused by churches and the people within them to put the lie to that once and for all, even before you get into the most shameful conduct hidden by some churches.

Lees

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
Seriously? A user posts in an area he is allowed, to follow up a post in an area he's excluded from and you think that's deceptive? Perish the thought a non-Christian might have a memory to share about his childhood.

Let's also not pretend that every church is "genuine, innocent, without guile". I suspect you'll find enough people with enough hurts caused by churches and the people within them to put the lie to that once and for all, even before you get into the most shameful conduct hidden by some churches.

He didn't create a thread to post a nice memory of a past church experience. He could have said that any time where he is allowed to post. No, a thread was created as a tool used to bash the Church based on a past experience.

Lees

Stravinsk

Composer and Artist on Flat Earth
Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
He didn't create a thread to post a nice memory of a past church experience. He could have said that any time where he is allowed to post. No, a thread was created as a tool used to bash the Church based on a past experience.

Lees

I know you are wearing some serious "Stravinsk is evil and out destroy Christianity as I know it" glasses, but this takes the cake.

The truth is simple, I saw the thread on the "latest posts" sidebar, read it, wanted to contribute but could not. So I created this one. I admit I was a little tipsy at the time else I might not have. How you've managed to read into it and extrapolate a hidden agenda from it is nothing short of dumbfounding. When I read it I got to wondering how anyone could come to such conclusions unless they were unconsciously projecting.

FWIW - I've had both positive and negative experiences in church/with church people, as I imagine everyone has. This just happens to be a very early memory that stands out. There isn't much detail because I was very young and don't remember a lot of details from when I was very young.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes

Lees

If the thread started in an area he isn't allowed to post he couldn't reply there. You might have noticed the first sentence in his original post.

Bashing the church based on past experience isn't necessarily comfortable for Christians to hear but unless we acknowledge where the church has failed, and often failed badly, how can we hope to either fix the problem or reach out to the people who have been badly damaged by the church? If we sit inside the church and look out through the rose-colored stained glass windows we don't achieve much of anything.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I know you are wearing some serious "Stravinsk is evil and out destroy Christianity as I know it" glasses, but this takes the cake.

The truth is simple, I saw the thread on the "latest posts" sidebar, read it, wanted to contribute but could not. So I created this one. I admit I was a little tipsy at the time else I might not have. How you've managed to read into it and extrapolate a hidden agenda from it is nothing short of dumbfounding. When I read it I got to wondering how anyone could come to such conclusions unless they were unconsciously projecting.

FWIW - I've had both positive and negative experiences in church/with church people, as I imagine everyone has. This just happens to be a very early memory that stands out. There isn't much detail because I was very young and don't remember a lot of details from when I was very young.

It's okay that you created a similar thread in the area you're allowed to post in.

Lees

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
If the thread started in an area he isn't allowed to post he couldn't reply there. You might have noticed the first sentence in his original post.

Bashing the church based on past experience isn't necessarily comfortable for Christians to hear but unless we acknowledge where the church has failed, and often failed badly, how can we hope to either fix the problem or reach out to the people who have been badly damaged by the church? If we sit inside the church and look out through the rose-colored stained glass windows we don't achieve much of anything.

Well, if you want to support bashing the Church with a 'Deist', and inviting atheists to do the same, go ahead. My self, I don't. But, you have the support of the forum. Feel free to bash away.

And I will feel free to respond. And whose comments will be called into question? Strange isn't it?

Lees

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Well, if you want to support bashing the Church with a 'Deist', and inviting atheists to do the same, go ahead. My self, I don't. But, you have the support of the forum. Feel free to bash away.

And I will feel free to respond. And whose comments will be called into question? Strange isn't it?

Lees

Christianity Haven allows people of other faiths to come here and our hope is always to turn them to Christ. Let's be kind.

Lees

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes

I do wear some serious lens through which I see you. And I make no apology.

Lees

Lees

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
Christianity Haven allows people of other faiths to come here and our hope is always to turn them to Christ. Let's be kind.

Be kind? Allowing those who are opposed to the Christian faith, opposed to Jesus Christ, to vent their unbelief, in hopes of creating doubt upon those who believe....is kind?

Surely you know that people who are active on forums, do not change their mind. They are set. They have cast their lot. They are propagating their cause. They will not change.

The only ones who may be swayed are the readers who don't really participate but have somehow come to the forum looking for answers. And what are you saying you provide? You provide for those who despise Christ and Christianity as well as Christians. In other words, you give the one looking for answers as much reason to not believe as to believe.

Deist's and atheist's know this. So they put forth their case. This is why I have always said a new believer should never get involved with a forum. Unless you are grounded and mature in the Christian faith and the Word of God, forums are nothing but quicksand.

How in the world do you call that a 'Christian Haven'?

Lees

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Be kind? Allowing those who are opposed to the Christian faith, opposed to Jesus Christ, to vent their unbelief, in hopes of creating doubt upon those who believe....is kind?

Surely you know that people who are active on forums, do not change their mind. They are set. They have cast their lot. They are propagating their cause. They will not change.

The only ones who may be swayed are the readers who don't really participate but have somehow come to the forum looking for answers. And what are you saying you provide? You provide for those who despise Christ and Christianity as well as Christians. In other words, you give the one looking for answers as much reason to not believe as to believe.

Deist's and atheist's know this. So they put forth their case. This is why I have always said a new believer should never get involved with a forum. Unless you are grounded and mature in the Christian faith and the Word of God, forums are nothing but quicksand.

Lees

The OP said nothing against Christianity in his OP. So again. BE KIND.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes

Lees

There's quite a big difference between bashing Christianity and bashing individual churches. Some churches deserve to be bashed. Some churches deserve to be shut down.

If people can't cope with being questioned it's hard to see how they can cope in the real world at all. Presumably anyone who calls themselves a Christian has at least considered the merits of the faith. Presumably someone asking "but what about...." won't cause them to collapse overnight.

Lees

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
There's quite a big difference between bashing Christianity and bashing individual churches. Some churches deserve to be bashed. Some churches deserve to be shut down.

If people can't cope with being questioned it's hard to see how they can cope in the real world at all. Presumably anyone who calls themselves a Christian has at least considered the merits of the faith. Presumably someone asking "but what about...." won't cause them to collapse overnight.

Oh gee. Whose 'collapsing overnight'?

The Deist, or me? Whose catching the flak on this forum? The Deist or me?

I know what my faith in Chirst is. The Deist and atheiests, try to undermine it.

Being able to cope with the silly attacks of the atheists and deists is not the point. The point is you allow them a forum to preach their antagonism against God and Christ.

And not all belivers are of age and have the where-with-al to address them. Thus you literally turn them over to the wolves.

But don't let a Christian oppose the deists and atheists. Because then people like you jump in and try and protect the deists and atheists, citing their importance for the Christian to grow. How stupid.

You say some churches need to be shut down. Ok. What churches....Christian?

Better speak quickly as this thread will be 'cleaned up'.

Lees

Last edited:

Romanos

God is good.
Executive Administrator
Community Team
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Oh gee. Whose 'collapsing overnight'?

The Deist, or me? Whose catching the flak on this forum? The Deist or me?

I know what my faith in Chirst is. The Deist and atheiests, try to undermine it.

Being able to cope with the silly attacks of the atheists and deists is not the point. The point is you allow them a forum to preach their antagonism against God and Christ.

And not all belivers are of age and have the where-with-al to address them. Thus you literally turn them over to the wolves.

But don't let a Christian oppose the deists and atheists. Because then people like you jump in and try and protect the deists and atheists, citing their importance for the Christian to grow. How stupid.

You say some churches need to be shut down. Ok. What churches....Christian?

Better speak quickly as this thread will be 'cleaned up'.

Lees
If a member is wanting to discuss a topic and they are not able to discuss it in the forum it is posted in, there is nothing wrong with them starting a similar topic in a forum they are able to post in. As long as the discussion does not violate Site Rules(which goes for both Christians and non Christians), there is nothing wrong with that.

There should be no further discussion about this, so let's get back on topic please.

Romanos

Top Bottom