Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
The Amish are removing some trees from the woods on their property behind us. It's changing how the treeline looks and we're worried they'll remove all of them and the animals will have no place to go.

Have you ever fell a tree?

My husband and I did it once about 9 years ago. There was an oak tree that was getting too big and too close to the house. We forgot to yell Timber!

Stravinsk

Composer and Artist on Flat Earth
Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
No
I did. I even recorded it here on this forum several years back. Without an electric or motorized tool...a handsaw. It was a large tree too.

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I once ripped a tree out of the ground with my bare hands. In fairness it would be more accurately described as a sapling than a tree.

I cut a couple of conifers down a while back. I cut the branches back, fed them to a shredder, then cut the trunks to about a five-foot height, cut away the roots as best I could, used one tree to lever the other to get the first trunk out, then got busy cutting enough of the roots of the second trunk that I could flex it back and forth and snap the remainder.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I put down two trees near our house when my wife and I were first married. They had some sort of disease on them so we thought it best to cut them down. I didn't have a chain saw so I used an axe. The hard part was pulling up the stumps

Top Bottom