Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
What would YOU do....

a relative asks what you want for Christmas and you give a few ideas. Some of the ideas are e-gift cards (you've received e-gifts from that person before so he/she has the email address) and then there are a couple of tangible gifts.

Then...you receive no gift from the person.

Would you say something or just let it go? If you say something, what wording would you use?

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
What would YOU do....

a relative asks what you want for Christmas and you give a few ideas. Some of the ideas are e-gift cards (you've received e-gifts from that person before so he/she has the email address) and then there are a couple of tangible gifts.

Then...you receive no gift from the person.

Would you say something or just let it go? If you say something, what wording would you use?

Hard to know, if they sent an e-gift card and didn't get any response at all they might be upset. I don't expect elaborate thanks for gifts but in the past I've given gifts to friends' children and if they can't even be bothered to send a text to say thankyou the chances are they won't get a gift at all the following year.

If they sent an e-gift card and it went missing (routed to a spam folder perhaps?) they wouldn't know you never got it. I'm not sure how to raise it without coming across as "so, are you giving me a gift or not?", although something along the lines of "If you send an e-gift card it never came through, just wanted to check to make sure my spam filter hadn't stolen my gifts or anything".

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Hard to know, if they sent an e-gift card and didn't get any response at all they might be upset. I don't expect elaborate thanks for gifts but in the past I've given gifts to friends' children and if they can't even be bothered to send a text to say thankyou the chances are they won't get a gift at all the following year.

If they sent an e-gift card and it went missing (routed to a spam folder perhaps?) they wouldn't know you never got it. I'm not sure how to raise it without coming across as "so, are you giving me a gift or not?", although something along the lines of "If you send an e-gift card it never came through, just wanted to check to make sure my spam filter hadn't stolen my gifts or anything".

That's how I feel. I don't want to ask where my gift is because that's kind of rude.

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
That's how I feel. I don't want to ask where my gift is because that's kind of rude.

It feels presumptuous asking "where's my gift?" but at the same time if the person sent a gift that never came through they'd want to know it was never received.

Top Bottom