bandwidth usage limitations

MS140ukn

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
i just noticed comcast has bandwidth usage limits . i didnt notice before..i think i have at least 895GB for this month out of 1000GB. -i have to be cautious or else, if go over allotment, they'll charge 10.00 everytime. gone are the days when this sort of thing never worried about..my isp is a huge corporation like star wars deathstar. beware! does anyone else isp have bandwidth usage limits?

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Do you stream a lot of movies? I don't know our bandwidth limit but my husband said that we were at half last month and we just got Netflix/Roku so we've been streaming a lot of movies and tv series. Is it costly to bump yourself up to the next level?

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
I use under 200 GB per month. What do you use ?

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
i just noticed comcast has bandwidth usage limits . i didnt notice before..i think i have at least 895GB for this month out of 1000GB. -i have to be cautious or else, if go over allotment, they'll charge 10.00 everytime. gone are the days when this sort of thing never worried about..my isp is a huge corporation like star wars deathstar. beware! does anyone else isp have bandwidth usage limits?

Can't say I've noticed any restrictions, as far as I know I've got unlimited data allowance although in fairness I think most ISPs have some kind of restriction to rein in the really heavy users. The kind of people who are relentlessly uploading or downloading do have a tendency to hog resources that slow it down for everyone else. 895GB does seem like a lot of data but I don't think I've ever monitored just how much data it does use to stream Netflix or similar.

I had a friend in England who had a budget internet access package and I think his data allowance was 60GB per month. I don't think he ever went much over 10GB. He didn't use Netflix.

MS140ukn

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
my service plan includes 1024GB once a month. thats enough. last month i used up 985GB of data on pc only...thats why, when i wanna watch youtube ill do it on tablet. on pc, i do use xion media player and sometimes listen to iheart through edge browser..i found out using spotify app uses from 800MB to 1GB of data.. and even though i tried that youtube trick of wrapping modem and router with aluminum foil, that doesnt work very well lol lol

Alexander

Religious Affiliation
Other Religion
Yes
I don't have to worry about bandwidth usage limitations with my broadband plan. I have unlimited, meaning I can stream, watch and browse as much as I want without paying extra. I wouldn't want to be restricted otherwise I'd worry that I may run out halfway through the month.

Top Bottom