Are You Ready by Him Or Will You Be Left Behind?

Pilgrim

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
No
Hebrews 12:1 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, 2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. ~ KJV

1 Corinthians 9:24 Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain. 25 And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible. 26 I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air: 27 But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway. ~ KJV

Explain the consequence of becoming a castaway for not laying aside every weight & sin by looking to Jesus Christ to help you to do this. If you have any doubts to Paul's words as if not inspired by the Holy Ghost to write this, then heed His words.

Luke 12:40 Be ye therefore ready also: for the Son of man cometh at an hour when ye think not. 41 Then Peter said unto him, Lord, speakest thou this parable unto us, or even to all? 42 And the Lord said, Who then is that faithful and wise steward, whom his lord shall make ruler over his household, to give them their portion of meat in due season? 43 Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing. 44 Of a truth I say unto you, that he will make him ruler over all that he hath. 45 But and if that servant say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming; and shall begin to beat the menservants and maidens, and to eat and drink, and to be drunken; 46 The lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder, and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers. 47 And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes. 48 But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more. 49 I am come to send fire on the earth; and what will I, if it be already kindled? ~ KJV

Jesus warns saved believers about the consequences for not being ready as found abiding in Him & His words that they will be cut off to have their portions with unbelievers. There is no loss of salvation for the saved believers left behind,. but the loss of being of the firstfruits of the resurrection as those left behind are still called His servants as they will be judged per the measure of knowledge for not being ready with many stripes and judged by few stripes per the knowledge they did not have in getting ready.

This is why He still abides in former believers as they are called to depart from iniquity so they too can be of the firstfruits of the resurrection in being that vessel unto honor in His House which is the eternal glory that comes with our salvation in Christ Jesus for those seeking to obtain it by running that race..

2 Timothy 2:10 Therefore I endure all things for the elect's sakes, that they may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory. 11 It is a faithful saying: For if we be dead with him, we shall also live with him: 12 If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us: 13 If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself..... 18 Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some. 19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity. 20 But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour. 21 If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work. ~ KJV

We all need Jesus as our Good Shepherd to get us ready & to be willing to go when the time comes. May He help us to trust Him & to hope in His mercy. Amen.

Pilgrim

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No
Not only do we need Jesus Christ as our Good Shepherd to help us discern good & evil by His words, & to help us lay aside every weight & sin, BUT we need Him to help us be willing to go by not being overcharged for the cares of this life which can be a snare to believers now.

Luke 21:34 And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares. 35 For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth. 36 Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man. ~ KJV

It seems ridiculous that a saved believer would refuse to go when the Bridegroom comes, but Jesus spoke of it here.

Luke 14:15 And when one of them that sat at meat with him heard these things, he said unto him, Blessed is he that shall eat bread in the kingdom of God. 16 Then said he unto him, A certain man made a great supper, and bade many: 17 And sent his servant at supper time to say to them that were bidden, Come; for all things are now ready. 18 And they all with one consent began to make excuse. The first said unto him, I have bought a piece of ground, and I must needs go and see it: I pray thee have me excused. 19 And another said, I have bought five yoke of oxen, and I go to prove them: I pray thee have me excused. 20 And another said, I have married a wife, and therefore I cannot come. 21 So that servant came, and shewed his lord these things. Then the master of the house being angry said to his servant, Go out quickly into the streets and lanes of the city, and bring in hither the poor, and the maimed, and the halt, and the blind. 22 And the servant said, Lord, it is done as thou hast commanded, and yet there is room. 23 And the lord said unto the servant, Go out into the highways and hedges, and compel them to come in, that my house may be filled. 24 For I say unto you, That none of those men which were bidden shall taste of my supper. ~ KJV

This is how the cares of this life can be a snared to believers that they love this life more & the treasures on this earth to NOT give it up. That is why Jesus referenced lot's wife below.

Luke 17:26 And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man. 27 They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all. 28 Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded; 29 But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all. 30 Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed. 31 In that day, he which shall be upon the housetop, and his stuff in the house, let him not come down to take it away: and he that is in the field, let him likewise not return back. 32 Remember Lot's wife. 33 Whosoever shall seek to save his life shall lose it; and whosoever shall lose his life shall preserve it. 34 I tell you, in that night there shall be two men in one bed; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left. 35 Two women shall be grinding together; the one shall be taken, and the other left. 36 Two men shall be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left. 37 And they answered and said unto him, Where, Lord? And he said unto them, Wheresoever the body is, thither will the eagles be gathered together. ~ KJV

So we need to pray to Jesus Christ for His mercy & His help to leave our lives, our loved ones, & treasures behind when the Bridegroom comes.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
From what I read above in the OP's posts, salvation which is having eternal life with God is not really dependent on Jesus' death and resurrection but instead looks to what man does. Am I correct in what I have read in your posts?

Pilgrim

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No
From what I read above in the OP's posts, salvation which is having eternal life with God is not really dependent on Jesus' death and resurrection but instead looks to what man does. Am I correct in what I have read in your posts?

Actually, those unrepentant saints & former believers that get left behind are still saved.

God will judge His House first ; & He is faithful to keep the souls of His saints left behind. When they die, their spirit will be with the Lord.

1 Peter 4:17 For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God? 18 And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear? 19 Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls to him in well doing, as unto a faithful Creator. ~ KJV

There are 2 kinds of vessels in His House; the vessels unto honor as being of the firstfruits of the resurrection which is the eternal glory that comes with our salvation; and the vessels unto dishonor that did not depart from iniquity & were disqualified from attending the Marriage Supper in His honor. That is why even former believers are called to depart from iniquity because He still abides in them.

2 Timothy 2:10 Therefore I endure all things for the elect's sakes, that they may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory. 11 It is a faithful saying: For if we be dead with him, we shall also live with him: 12 If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us: 13 If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.....

18 Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some. 19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity. 20 But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour. 21 If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work. ~ KJV

So what we build on that foundation will be judged, but the foundation remains as the seal of adoption does too.

Ephesians 4:30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption. KJV

1 Corinthians 3:10 According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon. 11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ. 12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble; 13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is. 14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. 15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire. 16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? 17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are. ~ KJV

Take note how the physical body is destroyed by physical death in verses 16-17 BUT the spirit is saved in verse 15.

So left behind saints & former believers are still saved, but not every saved believer cares to follow Jesus by His words as His disciple & not every former believer seek His help to expose the lies that turn them away from Him.

Running that race is what discipleship is all about; to follow Him by faith with His help & by His grace all the way Home.

Confirmation that the consequence for a saved but unrepentant believer that can be left behind & thus cast into the bed of the great tribulation is found here.

Revelation 2:18 And unto the angel of the church in Thyatira write; These things saith the Son of God, who hath his eyes like unto a flame of fire, and his feet are like fine brass; 19 I know thy works, and charity, and service, and faith, and thy patience, and thy works; and the last to be more than the first. 20 Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols. 21 And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not. 22 Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds. 23 And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works. 24 But unto you I say, and unto the rest in Thyatira, as many as have not this doctrine, and which have not known the depths of Satan, as they speak; I will put upon you none other burden. 25 But that which ye have already hold fast till I come. .. ~ KJV

We are all saved by the grace of God by faith in Jesus Christ, but we are called to live that reconciled relationship with God through Jesus Christ but not every saved believer is relying on Him as our Good Shepherd to help them to abide in His words as kept by the KJV.

Every believer should be praying to Jesus for help & hope in His mercy in getting them ready & willing to go when the Bridegroom comes.

That includes me too.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Salvation is equivalent to having eternal life. You've chosen to redefine that.

Pilgrim

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No
Salvation is equivalent to having eternal life. You've chosen to redefine that.
If those unrepentant saints & former believers are still saved even when left behind as the scripture I have given you proves, then I am not redefining anything other than what is being warned & clarified by scripture to saved believers for why they need Him & His help to be ready & willing to go.

Think of Esau & Jacob how he gave up his inheritance for a meal. This of the prodigal son & the elder son in the field on how the prodigal son squandered his inheritance on wild living but yet he could come home because he was still son whereas when the father went out into the field to bid the elder son to come in, he told the elder son that all that he has was his; which is indicative of how he still has his inheritance, but not so for the prodigal son even though he was still son.

Then you get that weeping & gnashing of teeth from those left behind which would explain why God has to perform a miracle to get past that loss of not being of the firstfruits of the resurrection by wiping the tears from their eyes of those saints coming out of the great tribulation.

Revelation 2:13 And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they? 14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. 15 Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them. 16 They shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more; neither shall the sun light on them, nor any heat. 17 For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes. ~ KJV

If I am in error, what is required for any disciple to do? To reprove by scripture.

If I am misapplying His words, then rightly divide the word of truth of what the scripture is meaning & referring to in post # 4.

Proverbs 27:17 Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend. KJV

Pray about this since wisdom comes from the Lord in how to reprove me or at least see why I am saying this by the scripture.

Top Bottom