Not open for further replies.

Pilgrim

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
No
Just wondering if most of this site's leaders are Lutherans & that only Lutheran pastors answers the question put forth in "Ask the Pastor" ?

Can more than one pastor answer a question or is that it in "Ask the Pastor"? Whoever answers first, then the question is considered done? Or/...?

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Just wondering if most of this site's leaders are Lutherans & that only Lutheran pastors answers the question put forth in "Ask the Pastor" ?

Can more than one pastor answer a question or is that it in "Ask the Pastor"? Whoever answers first, then the question is considered done? Or/...?

There is one Lutheran on Staff.

We have not added any other pastors onto the Ask a Pastor because we haven't had a huge amount of questions asked since the program began.

Pilgrim

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No
There is one Lutheran on Staff.

We have not added any other pastors onto the Ask a Pastor because we haven't had a huge amount of questions asked since the program began.
Okay. Thanks. It helps me to know not to wait for another pastor to have a turn in answering my question when there is none other available. That way, I know that is the final answer given even if I do not see the first response as answering my question nor my concerns.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Okay. Thanks. It helps me to know not to wait for another pastor to have a turn in answering my question when there is none other available. That way, I know that is the final answer given even if I do not see the first response as answering my question nor my concerns.

Members who ask a question are free to continue to ask questions as long as they aren't trying to debate the pastor.

Pilgrim

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No
Members who ask a question are free to continue to ask questions as long as they aren't trying to debate the pastor.
Okay. I posted another question with a follow up question in Ask The Pastor.

I doubt he was ever exposed to it, but I do wonder how they "would" deal with it should it happen in their congregation.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Okay. I posted another question with a follow up question in Ask The Pastor.

I doubt he was ever exposed to it, but I do wonder how they "would" deal with it should it happen in their congregation.

Not many pastors are active in forums like ChristianityHaven...... Lamm (one of the Admins here) was able to get ONE to participate here, although he rarely comes to the site.

Like nearly all such sites, this is a community of laity. You are welcome to discuss things with others, and you are free to direct your question to a specific faith community of Christians (Lutheran, for example) - you even can limit the discussion to such. You may not get an OFFICIAL answer (although, that may happen, you may be directed to an official Lutheran Confession or at least website) but then that's true if you ask a pastor, too. There are 2-3 active Lutherans here (and 3-4 less active ones).

My only counsel will be that IF you want a helpful, instructive response, then ask a respectful (and not "loaded") question. "Can you explain the Lutheran understanding of Communion" would be more helpful than "Why do Lutherans parrot the satanic teaching of Catholics about Communion?"

Pilgrim

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No
Not many pastors are active in forums like ChristianityHaven...... Lamm (one of the Admins here) was able to get ONE to participate here, although he rarely comes to the site.

Like nearly all such sites, this is a community of laity. You are welcome to discuss things with others, and you are free to direct your question to a specific faith community of Christians (Lutheran, for example) - you even can limit the discussion to such. You may not get an OFFICIAL answer (although, that may happen, you may be directed to an official Lutheran Confession or at least website) but then that's true if you ask a pastor, too. There are 2-3 active Lutherans here (and 3-4 less active ones).

My only counsel will be that IF you want a helpful, instructive response, then ask a respectful (and not "loaded") question. "Can you explain the Lutheran understanding of Communion" would be more helpful than "Why do Lutherans parrot the satanic teaching of Catholics about Communion?"
Thanks for the tip. I understand though, not everything said in truth by the scripture will be seen as coming from a friend or a question.

Galatians 4:16 Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth? ~ KV

If anyone received wisdom from the Lord, then they have to know that wisdom has to come from the Lord for those that oppose themselves.

Prayer is needed since it is on God to cause the increase.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Thanks for the tip. I understand though, not everything said in truth by the scripture will be seen as coming from a friend or a question.

Galatians 4:16 Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth? ~ KV

If anyone received wisdom from the Lord, then they have to know that wisdom has to come from the Lord for those that oppose themselves.

Prayer is needed since it is on God to cause the increase.

And the truth doesn't always come from some random guy on the internet either.

Closing this thread as the question has been answered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom