GALATIANS 1:8 WHO IS ACCURSED ?

Doug

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Galatians 1:6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:

1:7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.

1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

1:9 As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

There were some that were preaching a gospel to the Galatians that perverted Paul's gospel. To be another gospel it had to be other than that preached by Paul.

Another gospel could only be preached to those who had heard and received the gospel preached by Paul. To be another gospel it could only be preached "unto you" (Romans 1:8-9); only those who had Paul's gospel preached unto them and had been "received" by them (Romans 1:9).

Galatians 2:7 But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;

2:8 (For he that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles: )

Peter and Paul were not preaching the same gospel. Peter was preaching the gospel of the Davidic kingdom on earth to Israel. Paul was preaching that all were freely justified by the redemption of Christ.

Peter and Paul had seperate ministries; Peter was sent to the circumcision (the Jews), and Paul was sent to the uncircumcision (the Gentiles).

Peter was not accursed for preaching another gospel because he was not preaching it to those who had received Paul's gospel.

Romans 15:20 Yea, so have I strived to preach the gospel, not where Christ was named, lest I should build upon another man's foundation:

15:21 But as it is written, To whom he was not spoken of, they shall see: and they that have not heard shall understand.

Paul is citing Isaiah 52:15 in Romans 15:21. Paul never went to those who heard and received Christ by believing the gospel preached by Peter and the apostles.

hjhsjnsshdjdh

Religious Affiliation
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Who is accursed ? Those spreading false gospels, or as stated in Scripture, "another gospel, of which there is not another." Those who add to or take away from the simplicity that is the Gospel of CHRIST.

Top Bottom