The GREATEST GIFT (Inheritance of Creation)

Michael

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
With the Season of giving upon us as we enter into the Christmas Season, I wanted to share something I wrote on a couple years ago and taught in our church, but have continued to add to as God, Himself, continues to unveil His Eternal plan and purpose for His Creation in the Christ. Backed by the whole of Scripture, this is solid "Christian Theology" for those with "ears to hear."

Did get a little long (again!) with this one, but it was very enlightening to me in praying and preparing it, as the Spirit of God, through the Scripture, revealed what I have come to believe is the Greatest Gift of God; first to Christ Jesus, and to those who will truly "come after" Him.

"When I consider Your heavens, the work of Your fingers,
The moon and the stars, which You have ordained,
4 What is man that You are mindful of him,
And the son of man that You visit him?
5 For You have made him a little lower than
God,
And You have crowned him with glory and honor.
6 You have made him to have dominion over the works of Your hands;
You have put all things under his feet."

- Psalm 8:3-6 NKJV Heb

“He who overcomes, and keeps My works until the end,
to him I will give power over the nations.”

– Rev 2:26 NKJV

Amen. Can we truly receive this?

Peace & Blessings to all,
Michael

https://to-him-who-overcomes.com/greatest-gift

711;466;7e5d02dc72d27af6f050e45699b67cf1790da876.jpg

Michael

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
An excerpt ~

God’s gift to us of salvation, grace & the opportunity for Eternal Life has been well taught over the centuries; but here I want to look at the gift that Father God has given to His Son, the Man Jesus, and to those who become One with Jesus in Christ.3 The gift of dominion - the right to restore Life to creation and rule over all the works of God’s hands!
Amen.

Even from a strictly human perspective, I believe all parents reading this want the best for our children; to leave them a lasting inheritance. On a personal level, I want to give to my son Joshua something that he will appreciate, something that will bless my heart to grant him. Oh, to give him that which would last for eternity!

That is our Heavenly Fathers heart. To impart to His begotten, beginning with Jesus, the best He can offer. In the Old Testament Book of Psalms, we find God speaking to His Son long before He came to this earth as a physical being, a baby born of woman.

“I will declare the decree:
The Lord has said to Me,
‘You are My Son,
Today I have begotten You.
8 Ask of Me, and I will give You
The nations for Your inheritance,
And the ends of the earth for Your possession."

- Psalm 2:7-8 NKJV

480;360;7aa8c97f5b301dc2f8ee53c45f76b51f368e455b.jpg

Many generations later, after His atoning sacrifice, death and Resurrection, Jesus would declare to His disciples – “All authority (all power of absolute rule) in heaven and on earth has been given to Me.”
– Matt 28:18 AMP

“The Father loves the Son and has given all things into His hand.” – John 3:35 NAS

God’s promise became reality. All has been given over to Jesus. He IS in control.
And yet… we still see chaos & trouble everywhere. Man & creation appear to be in bondage still. Many struggle with hopelessness & disillusionment. Illness & death are still among us.

Something further needs to take place.

In the Revelation to John, the Lord Jesus Himself speaks these incredible words concerning those physical human beings who truly walked worthy of their calling to be conformed into the image of God’s Son.

“He who overcomes, and keeps My works until the end,
to him I will give power over the nations.”

– Rev 2:26 NKJV

To those who endure with Christ through the trials, He has promised - “Just as My Father conferred on Me Kingly authority, so also do I confer it on you.” (Luke 22:29 Mounce)

Jesus is waiting for His counterpart, His body, to be perfected. Together, the physical Christ, Head and body will rule over creation, and bring righteousness, peace and joy to the nations. Wickedness will be dealt with. Then will there be order instead of chaos, gladness instead of hopelessness, Life instead of death.

Friends this is what gives me great hope! These promises are what helps me endure through the trials of life and lifts me from despair when I see the horrors of what sin has done to mankind. There will be a Day of restoration of all things back to the original design and purpose of the Lord God Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth!

The full essay can be seen here - https://to-him-who-overcomes.com/greatest-gift

Peace & Blessings to all this joyous season, as we remember the birth of our Savior and Lord, Christ Jesus! :)

Michael

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Another excerpt ~

More than all the wondrous universes, above all the glory of creation, more than any other being, physical or spiritual, (all which had been created through Him as the Word) this One found great delight in man. But to inherit all things had been promised to man, and the Son was still a spiritual being at this time.
Even so, that greatly pleased the Father. Seeing the potential and destined end for man, the Son yearned to fellowship with this physical creation. All that was good and right, everything that was holy and righteous to the Father is what His Son loved. I pray that all that I love that is holy and righteous will be the delight of my little boy Joshua.

And so, as we read earlier, the Father prophetically promised this One Eternal Sonship and Inheritance -

“I will declare the decree:
The Lord has said to Me,
‘You are My Son,
Today I have begotten You.
8 Ask of Me, and I will give You
The nations for Your inheritance,
And the ends of the earth for Your possession."

- Psalm 2:7-8 NKJV

The Father loved His creation even though sin had entered in. Those who had been given charge at the beginning fell into pride and rebelled against God.4 His desire since then has been to set all that He had made free. Indeed, Creation itself groans to be delivered (Rom 8:20-22) So, the Word, the Becoming One, became human, that He might fulfill the promise. He received the blessing of the Father as we read in Hebrews 1 Jesus was the One who fulfilled the prophecy of the Psalm -

“to the Son He says:
“Your throne, O God, is forever and ever;
A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your kingdom.
9 You have loved righteousness and hated lawlessness;
Therefore God, Your God, has anointed You
With the oil of gladness more than Your companions.”

- Heb 1:8-9 (Psalm 45:6-7)

323;446;03fb307bda41c2d90eb30fc1d42e722b31aff9f2.jpg

He had to be like us, born of a woman, a flesh and blood man, to be eligible to be our Redeemer, our King. He had to become flesh in order to conquer the spiritual enemies of God and His creation. Jesus greatly emphasized His humanity in His teaching, always referring to Himself as the “Son of Man.” Jesus rose and emerged from the grave as a physical Man (Luke 24:36-43). He ascended as a physical Man (Acts 1:4-11). And He is coming again to set up the Kingdom of God on the earth as a physical Man (Matt 24:29-31).

“Since then the children have shared in flesh and blood, He also Himself in the same way partook of the same, that through death He might bring to nothing him who had the power of death, that is, the devil.”
– Heb 2:14 WEB

“He was manifested physically and proved righteous spiritually.”
- 1Tim 3:16 CJB

We tend to think of Jesus always having been Jesus. We picture Him a grown man walking the streets of Jerusalem teaching & healing the sick, and we picture Him as having looked that way from eternity. But was He a Man in heaven at Creation, and then born a little baby millennia later in Bethlehem that grew up to be a Man again? Hmmm… the Scripture says “the Word became flesh” (John 1:14), meaning He wasn’t physical until He was born that night in Bethlehem. There was no Man Jesus before the Child was came forth from the womb that glorious night.

Amen.

Full essay can be seen here - http://to-him-who-overcomes.com/greatest-gift

Peace & Blessings to all this Christmas Season.
Praise & Glory to the newborn King!

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
With the Season of giving upon us as we enter into the Christmas Season, I wanted to share something I wrote on a couple years ago and taught in our church, but have continued to add to as God, Himself, continues to unveil His Eternal plan and purpose for His Creation in the Christ. Backed by the whole of Scripture, this is solid "Christian Theology" for those with "ears to hear

I reject the entire premise that God "continues to unvail" Continuing revelation (a keystone of LDS theology) is one I completely reject.

Michael

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I reject the entire premise that God "continues to unvail" Continuing revelation (a keystone of LDS theology) is one I completely reject.

“He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.
To him who overcomes I will give some of the hidden manna to eat.
And I will give him a white stone, and on the stone a new name written which no one knows except him who receives it.”

- Rev 2:17

Amen.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
“He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.
To him who overcomes I will give some of the hidden manna to eat.
And I will give him a white stone, and on the stone a new name written which no one knows except him who receives it.”

- Rev 2:17

Amen.

Don't you realize that the verse is referring to Jesus and His sacrifice so that believers will have eternal life? He is our living manna. It's hidden to unbelievers.

There is no more revelation that we need to know to have eternal life, it is all found in the Bible revealed to us that points toward Jesus who is our Christ.

Michael

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Don't you realize that the verse is referring to Jesus and His sacrifice so that believers will have eternal life? He is our living manna. It's hidden to unbelievers.

There is no more revelation that we need to know to have eternal life, it is all found in the Bible revealed to us that points toward Jesus who is our Christ.

I find it sad that so many simply reject the great bulk of Scripture.

Even in this I know the promises of Revelation 2 & 3 are only for the Elect of God, that precious remnant who truly overcomes and walk worthy. Jesus did it perfectly, and now He is waiting for those who will come after Him. Yet so many refuse to go the Way of the Cross.

Again, friend, it's okay to learn something new. Why are you so afraid? Having never answered my question to you in private, I'm guessing I hit the nail on the head. I believe there are others like you whose heart is for loved ones who are not walking with Jesus, yet had 'accepted the Lord' at some point in their life. And I understand your concern. Our modern theology lumps everyone into two categories, and has done grave injustice to the Scripture. Heaven & hell is not the issue.

Ya know... if you actually read the article you may find that you're unable to refute it. Confirmed solidly by the Scripture, using multitudes of passages from both Testaments, this teaching has helped some gain deeper understanding and gives far greater hope than so many in the pews have today. This Truth is a portion of that "hidden manna" available to those who striving to "overcome."

Peace & Blessings to you this joyous Season.

:ange06:

Top Bottom