Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Wrote the music last night spontaneously, think I should call it "slumber" lol
Anyway, i'll add vocals later, kind of has that 60s 70s folk vibe to it, I've been listening to Joni Mitchel lately so she may be the influence here...
Created a a quick youtube channel to upload it on the fly, it's just a skeleton of a song for now but I think it has potential :)

https://youtu.be/Jp8HvYSx2JA

Last edited:

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
It's a very lovely song :)

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
It's a very lovely song :)
So I thought about the lyrics, they are going to be my favorite encouraging bible verses spoken word style but in an uplifting tone, it's just going to travel through the whole song. I find it an artistic way to spread the good news, and not like modern contemporary Christian songs that repeat over and over, I will be speaking them at a decent moderate speed so no breaks pretty much, and no melody or catchy hooks... spoken word.. never done a song like that nor have I heard one so this should be interesting... probably won't be anytime soon because I hardly have time as it is but either way it's going to happen God willingly :)

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
How will you make it into a song instead of it being you speaking and music in the background? What I'm asking is how will it come together so that it was as if the music was meant to be part of the spoken word?

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
How will you make it into a song instead of it being you speaking and music in the background? What I'm asking is how will it come together so that it was as if the music was meant to be part of the spoken word?
I like to experiment, of course I was recite at a certain pitch, I will call it a song though lol perhaps a story song I plan on putting them in order, like a timeline, from the first promise of the king, to birth, to ministry, to death to resurrection to ascension to life for all and the gospel message.
The reason I would like to do this isn't because I'm trying to ignore actual melody but I have never composed music like this and I can't find a melody for the vocals, usually my music has much dynamics and structure with verse chorus bridges and interludes which I rehearse with vocal melodies.... this one I wrote is a constant loop that I believe could be a mediation song...
I'll work on it and keep it as an instrumental, but I'll also experiment with the idea I have for an alternative take.

Top Bottom