Jazzy

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
What was the worst thing your sibling did to you?

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
My sister was ruthless in her teasing. It's one reason why I wanted my daughter to be an only child (not the only reason) because I didn't want her to have to endure the teasing.

Faith

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Yes
My sister was ruthless in her teasing. It's one reason why I wanted my daughter to be an only child (not the only reason) because I didn't want her to have to endure the teasing.
My friend is one of 8 kids and when we were kids some of her brothers were horrible to her and me (and each other). Vicious. Now they’re all best friends.

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
My friend is one of 8 kids and when we were kids some of her brothers were horrible to her and me (and each other). Vicious. Now they’re all best friends.
Except for the "all best friends" part, I've heard this same account from a number of my friends about their own experiences.

The surprising thing to me was that the tormenters have assumed that all the siblings are friends now that they're grown up, BUT the sibs who were on the receiving end of that treatment years earlier don't see it that same way!

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Except for the "all best friends" part, I've heard this same account from a number of my friends about their own experiences.

The surprising thing to me was that the tormenters have assumed that all the siblings are friends now that they're grown up, BUT the sibs who were on the receiving end of that treatment years earlier don't see it that same way!

I'm good friends with my sister now but only because she changed her ways. She insists that she doesn't remember doing any of the things I have said happened.

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I'm good friends with my sister now but only because she changed her ways. She insists that she doesn't remember doing any of the things I have said happened.
I'm not surprised, but that's because I have witnessed the interchange between some of these siblings today, knowing from the sisters that they still bear the resentment and are not of a mind simply to forget it. Maybe if the brothers (in the cases I'm thinking about) had a clue and apologized rather than assuming that it wasn't anything important...? I doubt that they really are unable to remember how it was, although it's probable that they can't remember every last incident.

Messy

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
What was the worst thing your sibling did to you?
Once they nagged me on purpose so I would cry, so they could tape it. But for the rest they were always sweet. Fights were never allowed in our home. My mom hated that. I remember I went to a niece with a little brother who always fought and she said: It's so stupid. Mom said I couldnt fight with my brother when you're here, because your mom has told her that you're not used to it. Lol fabulous. I can see her saying that.

Top Bottom