Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
I did leave it, but went back because I wanted to keep up with what is going on with family and friends from high school

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I'm transitioning to leaving it and created a MeWe account recently to help me along. Facebook is censoring more conservatives and their opinions and it's not right. Being a Christian is considered hateful to them :(

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I got sick of the political garbage on there. So many people turn every little thing into a political rant, so many people post nothing but political memes as if the decision how to vote was as simple as a 5-second soundbite on a single issue, while at the same time acting as if people with a different opinion are intellectually deficient in some way. I guess knowing very intelligent people on both sides of just about every issue constantly reminds me that most things aren't as simple as many make out.

In the COVID age so many people who wouldn't know science if it jumped up and bit them post garbage like "I follow the science, that's why I (insert quote from TV talking head of choice)" but if any discussion about science follows it's clear they know nothing beyond what the talking heads say.

And then there are the endless sponsored posts. By the time you take out the political garbage, the sponsored posts, and the drivel from Facebook about how much they care about me, there's precious little of the stuff I actually want to read. Things like what my friends are doing. If I have to actively seek out their profiles to find out whether they quit posting or it just doesn't show up any more because Facebook considers it more important that I see a sponsored post about replacement guttering, then the fundamental purpose of being on the site is lost.

One thing I can say I'm pleased to have achieved is that I've managed to pollute the data they have on me such that the things they think I'm interested in is almost completely wrong, and their assessment of my political opinions is completely wrong. Perhaps taking in information and opinion pieces from both left-leaning and right-leaning media makes it hard for them to drop me into a neat category.

Alexander

Religious Affiliation
Other Religion
Yes
I haven't left Facebook. I've had a Account since the age of 13 but only recently have I had to take the chance to lockdown all of my privacy to only friends because of privacy concerns from people I don't know online. This is why you have to be so careful of what information is shared.

ZandraJoi

Religious Affiliation
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
No
I was hardly on FaceBook anyways. I actually created it years ago when we were looking for a dog after our last one passed. I kept my account barebones. I’m a very private person so don’t put myself out there.
I left though when they censored, which goes against our Rights & Constitution. I too have a Mewe account & am in a few groups. I’m more Team Forum than Team Social Media so I’m not even on Mewe all that much either. Just prefer forums :)

Pedrito

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
===============================================================================

I left Facebook because I couldn’t face it any more.

===============================================================================

Sharon

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I still actively use Facebook however, I removed from my phone and only pop on there once and a while. Like many others have experienced there's too many political posts and not that I don't care to listen to others' opinion around those matters, it's just really difficult for me to see other's point of views when they are saying things with such hateful words. I can't change people nor do I wish to but I can limit my exposure to them. I stick around on Facebook because I genuinely enjoy staying in touch with friends and acquaintances and for the most part what they post are entertaining. I also like the idea that I am one of few on Facebook that are connected that provide a breath of fresh air with my posts as I make the conscious effort to only post positive and endearing type messages.

Ash

Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Liberal
Marital Status
Single
No
I haven't left Facebook but I don't use it much nowadays. Maybe once a month (or even less really), I log in and have a quick browse through my feed on my phone. Other than that, I don't use it. I haven't changed my profile picture for over 4-5 years now

Sharon

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I haven't left Facebook but I don't use it much nowadays. Maybe once a month (or even less really), I log in and have a quick browse through my feed on my phone. Other than that, I don't use it. I haven't changed my profile picture for over 4-5 years now
Oh wow! ...and here I thought I was behind because I haven't updated my profile pic since before the pandemic started. I'm not really eager to update my profile picture either.

My friends like to coordinate get togethers and birthday celebrations through FB, that's another reason why I keep my account.

Fait

Religious Affiliation
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Yes
I’m on it sometimes but wouldn’t mind leaving it at times.

Top Bottom