Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
So, you're saying that we should behave in a less judgmental way all the while saying we're "blindly arrogant"?

It would be beneficial to Christians and mankind for us to be able to discuss and conclude the points of faith that we agree on and peacefully work out from there. A place where negativity and needless bias and subjugation can be left at the door, so to say. Who are we to judge? Yet most do. How is it that collectively as Christians we can condemn other Christians in any way? How does that reflect God's direction and will imparted on us? Do most here really think that because the Lord says that there will be division between family upon the second coming that this division is to be decided by mere men? Is reconsiliation unto God by way of Christ not available to all? Who are we to condemn? Certainly not Christians in any meaningful God serving sense, as we are instructed to come together and preach the gospel of salvation, not things of death, but life unto GOD.

We must, as faithful under God and Christ, find a way to conclude these unneeded, divisive, greedy words of man with want of reward and priviledge over others. Pride is deception, as is greed, hate, any divisive thing. The will of God will be done.

There will be only God's will after the end. Surely it is a Christians duty to bring as many as possible into the folds of God's light by way of Christ, and not condemn and damn. We know of mercy by God's mercy shown to us by the savior, the way, he who sets on the right hand of GOD.

We also know that we can not correctly discern the flaw of others or assist them with it until we are without flaw or waver in our direction in Christ under GOD. So why is it that we divide and condemn as opposed to help one another together through the dark of deception and into the light of GOD as you would presume we should as adherents of the word?

How will we ever truely help mankind if we ourselves are divided and lost, yet blindly arrogant and judgemental?

With humility,
Peace

Faith in selfless Unity for Good.

Hammster

Religious Affiliation
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

popsthebuilder

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So, you're saying that we should behave in a less judgmental way all the while saying we're "blindly arrogant"?
Many act with arrogance. Not accusing any one in particular or anything in particular, just notice a lot of needless friction keeping like minded and motivated individuals from coming together for the better.

Was just suggesting a specified area that might allow for more freedom of expression and less ridicule or spite or condemnation.

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Many act with arrogance. Not accusing any one in particular or anything in particular, just notice a lot of needless friction keeping like minded and motivated individuals from coming together for the better.

Was just suggesting a specified area that might allow for more freedom of expression and less ridicule or spite or condemnation.

If we figure that "iron sharpens iron" it's good to have spaces to thrash out disagreements with a view to finding a common truth.

It's great to have fellowship areas where we can talk about what we had for breakfast - it's pretty hard for anyone to refute the points I'm making when I talk about the delicious waffles my wife cooks - but if we start creating areas where disagreement is restricted but theology is discussed we could easily end up with all sorts of weird and wacky theologies being presented in an area that doesn't allow anyone to post to ask questions.

popsthebuilder

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If we figure that "iron sharpens iron" it's good to have spaces to thrash out disagreements with a view to finding a common truth.

It's great to have fellowship areas where we can talk about what we had for breakfast - it's pretty hard for anyone to refute the points I'm making when I talk about the delicious waffles my wife cooks - but if we start creating areas where disagreement is restricted but theology is discussed we could easily end up with all sorts of weird and wacky theologies being presented in an area that doesn't allow anyone to post to ask questions.
All three points are valid and I didn't mean restriction of anything but hypocritical condemnation by man as if he is the judge and not the One Christ. I guess your right to some extent though; can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen, and all, but we are specifically told to love our neighbor. We are told to not judge without mercy. We are told that we are but sinners as of yet. Is all sin unto death, yet forgivable, but one. If you sin at all, then how do you justify condemning others? If you knowingly sin whatsoever you are said to have willingly turned from God. In what position are any of us then, to dare proclaim another's travesty to the point of condemnation as opposed to trying to teach them?

Have you ever noticed how when someone is mad, they nearly literally won't hear anything, let alone absorb it and consider it? I don't know about you, but if someone claimed I was blasphemous against the word of GOD, I might get pretty mad.

My whole point is a means to an end. We cannot begin to help others to the light of GOD if we can't even help one another. If you don't feel like it is your duty to help others in need(not you, anyone) then maybe you need to look over the teachings of Christ, and the whole bible.

Who else is more needy than those who may be adrift, lost, and confused, whom actually intend to guide others home.

I'm done.

It seems most are too quick to take offence, and put up a wall. Stopping potential, knowledge, and any other possible benefit to either party, and halting any possibility of potential for others not involved.

Guess now I'm done.

Don't mean to come off as rude. It's a subject that I feel passionately about. I also have a tendency to be exceedingly blunt or the opposite.
Anyway, wasn't trying to cause waves. Thought someone was really interested in hearing ideas and thought it was a decent one.

Respectfully,

Peace

Done for real.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
I'd like to see an IRC style chat box. Perhaps using a Java IRC applet. Most browsers support Java nowadays and IRC allows for real time chat. The chat box we have is poorly utilised ...

Romanos

God is good.
Executive Administrator
Community Team
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
I'd like to see an IRC style chat box. Perhaps using a Java IRC applet. Most browsers support Java nowadays and IRC allows for real time chat. The chat box we have is poorly utilised ...

Are you talking about an external chat? What would be the difference and benefit of that, and how is the Chatbox poorly utilized?

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

We are all supposed to behave in a Christ-like manner yet we're still living in these sinful bodies. I think it's better to forgive those who come across as arrogant instead of leaving the site.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Are you talking about an external chat? What would be the difference and benefit of that, and how is the Chatbox poorly utilized?

second part first: hardly any chat appears in it. a few lines a day. occasionally a dozen.
now the first part: one can either run a chat applet linking to existing IRC server or run a small IRC server (probably Java based) for CH on the same servers that CH uses. The benefit is far better response times, more flowing chat and possibly more participation once people see how it works. IRC is a very simple and lightweight protocol. I am sure Mark probably knows about it. If not I can give you information in response to questions as they arise.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes

I'm on the receiving end of a far amount of hostility towards the Catholic Church, Catholicism, and sometimes towards Catholics. It is wearing, it becomes tiresome, and I would like it better if it happened a lot less better still if it did not happen at all. I like the name of this forum because it suggests a haven when people (including Catholic people) can rest and recover in peace and friendship. The reality is not quite living up to the name. I wish that were not so.

Romanos

God is good.
Executive Administrator
Community Team
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
second part first: hardly any chat appears in it. a few lines a day. occasionally a dozen.
now the first part: one can either run a chat applet linking to existing IRC server or run a small IRC server (probably Java based) for CH on the same servers that CH uses. The benefit is far better response times, more flowing chat and possibly more participation once people see how it works. IRC is a very simple and lightweight protocol. I am sure Mark probably knows about it. If not I can give you information in response to questions as they arise.

We will gladly look into it but no promises on implementation. :)

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
A chat box can be fun when it's used, as long as it doesn't end up being used in preference to posting threads. One BB I used to be on had a chat box and it was turned off because so many different discussions were going on while hardly any threads were posted. If you imagine taking a dozen or so threads and pulling all the individual posts out in date order it makes no sense at all.

Romanos

God is good.
Executive Administrator
Community Team
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
I'm going to bring this back up again.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Perhaps we can choose an ID icon (avatar) from a list..... pay ONCE and just have that. Check out "the website that shall not be named" for an example.
I'd like an icon (as many here have) but there's none to choose from and I don't want to import something (nor do I know how to do that), and it's not worth the hassel of having to renew it every month.

Not a complaint (such a tiny thing) but since you asked, lol....

THANK YOU for all you provide here! It is very, very much appreciated!

- Josiah

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Perhaps we can choose an ID icon from a list..... pay ONCE and just have that. Check out "the website that shall not be named" for an example.
I'd like an icon (as many here do) but there's none to choose from and I don't want to import something (nor do I know how to do that), and it's not worth the hassel of having to renew it every month.

- Josiah
I second this

Romanos

God is good.
Executive Administrator
Community Team
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Perhaps we can choose an ID icon (avatar) from a list..... pay ONCE and just have that. Check out "the website that shall not be named" for an example.
I'd like an icon (as many here have) but there's none to choose from and I don't want to import something (nor do I know how to do that), and it's not worth the hassel of having to renew it every month.

- Josiah

Are you referencing the username icon? The way it works is you would purchase it from the shop, and then I would upload it to the server and host it on here so the link doesn't break. As to why it has to be purchased monthly, every icon uploaded and hosted adds one more file to the server.

Avatars you do not have to pay for. But as for the part of having a list of avatars to choose from, I can easily add some to choose from. :)

Thank you Josiah for bringing this up. :)

Stravinsk

Composer and Artist on Flat Earth
Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower

- Josiah

Choose something from the web, something that describes you or you'd like to be represented by, or tell me - and I can make one for you. I regularly work with images so it's no skin off my back.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
That's a nice offer, Strav!

He does good work :) Take him up on the offer!

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I now have 200,000 in money, I would olike to see something developed that we could spend it on.

Top Bottom