What if Modern Christianity is just the other end of the telephone?

SetFree

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
ANY and ALL translations ("versions") will be influenced by bias. It's impossible to be otherwise. Translation involves choosing HOW the original will be conveyed into English. A translator will naturally want to do that as correctly as possible and so will do so in accord with what they view as correct.
I agree that's always a possibility with translation, but there's more to consider regarding translation of God's Word than just letters on a piece of paper. As the Psalmist said, "The counsel of The LORD standeth forever, the thoughts of His heart to all generations," (Psalms 33:11). Even in Isaiah, He says to Isaiah, "... My words which I have put in thy mouth, shall not depart out of thy mouth, nor out of the mouth of thy seed, nor out of the mouth of thy seed's seed, saith The LORD, from henceforth and for ever." (Isaiah 59:21). That is very powerful evidence that has been successfully translated in many Bible versions. So it's not a light thing for us to make claims that God is not able to do what He promised regarding keeping His Word unto all generations. God is involved, so there's a lot more to consider. It matters who one listens to on this matter.

Top Bottom