what happens when holy spirit comes upon you?

siddhi koli

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
The question is why the Holy Spirit appeared to me, He didn't give me a voice i.e. He didn't speak and the Holy Spirit only showed me His own form.What I don't know.and Holy Spirit showed me only this form.IMG_20221004_192638.jpg Nothing else and Holy Spirit wants to tell me more. He wants to say that I am with you, Siddhi don't be afraid.:)

When I had to go to the hospital.then
That is to say I was in car I saw him in left side of wing mirror of car. I saw the Holy Spirit flying as a golden dove.(in spiritual)
Holy Bible say,

Acts 2:3-4
King James Version

3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.

4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Hello, Siddhi! It's hard to know what to say when anyone reports a vision that no one else--or hardly anyone else--has had.

We know that the word of God (the Bible) will not be questioned or altered if an experience like you told us about is genuine. The work of the Holy Spirit is to confirm God's word and keep the disciples of Christ in the truth, not to change it, so that is something to always keep in mind. :)

Last edited:

Fritz Kobus

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Nice artwork! Vision or not, the important thing is to have faith in the precious blood of Jesus, shed as a sacrifice for our sins. This is the heart of the Gospel and if one clings to the blood of Jesus, the God-man-Savior, all will be well in the end, though the road in this world may be rough. I will not doubt your vision. It is a personal thing.

Last edited:

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Did He point you toward Jesus and salvation?

siddhi koli

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Did He point you toward Jesus and salvation?
Yes. I think so and because I want salvation:(
My depression story.....I have not been able to walk since birth.I remember sinning as a child.Because of this I want salvation.:

I don't like some people saying bad words.
:(

I was a pure vegetarian because consuming non-vegetarian food is sinful.
:chickenleg:

I used to think about which religion to choose. That is to choose monotheism or polytheism.

Or I used to think about which deity to believe.

I started remembering negative things, became irritable and vitamin deficient and Fell unconscious.
:fearful:

I was taken to Apollo Hospital and regained consciousness.
:hospital:

Then I went to another hospital. Doctor gave me sleeping pill because I can't sleep all night.:
:sleeping:

And was not hungry.
My mother took me to a psychiatrist. I didn't say anything, I kept silent.

My testimony
I saw on the internet that Jesus died for sin. Jesus rose from the dead on the third day
When I saw the Holy Spirit
[IMG]
I was afraid, I knew what the truth was. Then I started believing in monotheism.
[IMG]

There is good news why the Holy Spirit appeared, He has something to tell me
Then I started eating vegetarian and non-vegetarian foods.

Sitting on a wheel chair hurts my back .
[IMG]
end The story

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Sorry about your pain in a wheelchair.

Have you heard about forgiveness of sins because Jesus died on the cross?

siddhi koli

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Sorry about your pain in a wheelchair.

Have you heard about forgiveness of sins because Jesus died on the cross?
Yes ,The Holy Bible says

Romans 5:6-8
King James Version​

6 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.
7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die.
8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
My testimony
I saw on the internet that Jesus died for sin. Jesus rose from the dead on the third day

Lees

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
@siddhi koli

Many and different are the ways that God brings a person to Jesus Christ. I praise God for your testimony and the way in which He brought you to His Son. (John 6:37)

And, I'm glad you use the King James Bible. It is the best in my opinion.

Do you have access to other Christians where you live? Do you have access to a church perhaps? I ask because I know Christianity is a minority faith in India. Is it safe for you to worship Christ in a church building?

Lees

siddhi koli

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes
@siddhi koli

Many and different are the ways that God brings a person to Jesus Christ. I praise God for your testimony and the way in which He brought you to His Son. (John 6:37)

And, I'm glad you use the King James Bible. It is the best in my opinion.

Do you have access to other Christians where you live? Do you have access to a church perhaps? I ask because I know Christianity is a minority faith in India.
Is it safe for you to worship Christ in a church building?
Lees
i know Yes it is safe, I went to Tabor ashram once.And the pastor was talking about the Bible and the priest was sprinkling water. Priests were spreading incense.Paid Rs 100 to the lady. The womens were singing, on the dj means singing music.and can't do anything. I was shocked
I was sad I thought that I will be cured by healing power means in physical . Do you understand what I'm saying?
Because I have gained weight.. My family can't take me anywhere..:confused:and I sit at home and search online for information about Christianity and the Holy Spirit.

Last edited:

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
i know Yes it is safe, I went to Tabor ashram once.And the pastor was talking about the Bible and the priest was sprinkling water. Priests were spreading incense.Paid Rs 100 to the lady. The womens were singing, on the dj means singing music.and can't do anything. I was shocked
I was sad I thought that I will be cured by healing power means in physical . Do you understand what I'm saying?
Because I have gained weight.. My family can't take me anywhere..:confused:and I sit at home and search online for information about Christianity and the Holy Spirit.

I'm sorry your expectations weren't met when you went to church and you were not healed. It may sound harsh, but God doesn't always heal us from our afflictions and He can even use our suffering to help others come to faith in Him.

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
It's difficult for us to advise you as we'd like because we are not living in India, but I think most of us here would agree that you need to participate SOMEHOW with a functioning church and as your health permits. Be taught and grow in the faith by way of involvement with a Christian church in your country.

The church experience that you described (Tabor ashram?) in your recent message doesn't sound like anything I can identify or would want to join. That is the problem--which churches and which parts of the country, would be under consideration by you? To whom should you turn in order to understand the religion better?

You are in a better position than we to decide, so I recommend that you do some sort of searching online, perhaps after reading about the different branches and churches of Christianity. You might contact a priest or missionary nearby, or find out if some churches have televised worship services or provide home visits.

See what is available and check out a local affiliate of a well-known international Christian denomination, for example the Catholic Church, the Church of South India, or the Church of North India.

Do not think that it will be enough to pose doctrinal questions to the people on this forum, even though we are quite willing to try to help you. Unfortunately, and as is also the case with other of the great religions of the world, it's not possible to really understand Christianity that way or by picking up a book here or there and mostly at random.

Last edited:

Lees

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes

Yes, I believe I understand what you are saying.

Please remember, God miraculosly brought you to Jesus Christ.

Is your family Christian?

If indeed you cannot leave your home for whatever reason, is there any reason the church you speak of cannot come to you and visit? Have you asked them to?

It is good that you can search online for information, and fellowship with Christians. But in doing so, remember, you have the Bible. You have the Spirit of God in you. If ever you become uncomfortable about something that is said, don't disregard your doubts. It may well be the Holy Spirit in you, is warning you.

Lees

siddhi koli

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes

Please remember, God miraculosly brought you to Jesus Christ.

It is good that you can search online for information, and fellowship with Christians. But in doing so, remember, you have the Bible. You have the Spirit of God in you. If ever you become uncomfortable about something that is said, don't disregard your doubts. It may well be the Holy Spirit in you, is warning you.

Lees
Yes.Hmmm You are right :)I do not know, so the Lord pointed me to Jesus Christ.

If indeed you cannot leave your home for whatever reason, is there any reason the church you speak of cannot come to you and visit? Have you asked them to?
No. We were just looking at the pastor. What they say. We were silent.Because people didn't come near me. We just sat on the chair. I sat on the wheelchair.. hahahaha :LOL:

siddhi koli

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes
:(No. My family will not listen to Christianity.I told them that I saw the Holy Spirit. Believe in Jesus. Surrender to Jesus.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
:(No. My family will not listen to Christianity.I told them that I saw the Holy Spirit. Believe in Jesus. Surrender to Jesus.

It's not something you can force on them. Be a shining light for them and learn more about Jesus so you can answer questions if they ask any.

siddhi koli

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes
It's not something you can force on them. Be a shining light for them and learn more about Jesus so you can answer questions if they ask any.
What to tell them? Shall I tell them about Jesus? :( I send Holy Bible messages to families on what up but they read it whether they believe it or not. I don't know. Because my family believes in Hinduism. I just became a Christian alone.

Lees

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
Yes.Hmmm You are right :)I do not know, so the Lord pointed me to Jesus Christ.

No. We were just looking at the pastor. What they say. We were silent.Because people didn't come near me. We just sat on the chair. I sat on the wheelchair.. hahahaha :LOL:

Do you think you could find and go to a church in your area? Or is that impossible?

Would your family oppose that?

Would your family oppose someone from a church visiting you? Could you call a church and tell them your situation and ask them to visit you? I can't imagine any church that would say no.

If at all possible, I would encourage you to do that. It's so important, especialy at the beginning when one becomes a Christian, to be around other Christians.

Just something to think about and look into.

Lees

siddhi koli

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Do you think you could find and go to a church in your area? Or is that impossible?
Yes. There is some other church. Our Lady Of Purification Church, Uran

I have gained weight.. My family can't take me anywhere..:confused:
Let's see if I go to another church later.
Would your family oppose that?

Would your family oppose someone from a church visiting you? Could you call a church and tell them your situation and ask them to visit you? I can't imagine any church that would say no.

If at all possible, I would encourage you to do that. It's so important, especialy at the beginning when one becomes a Christian, to be around other Christians.

Just something to think about and look into.
No i don't know

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
What to tell them? Shall I tell them about Jesus? :( I send Holy Bible messages to families on what up but they read it whether they believe it or not. I don't know. Because my family believes in Hinduism. I just became a Christian alone.
Here's an approach to take...

You are way ahead of other people who leave (or just criticize) the religion that their families belong to. It is common for parents and other family members in that situation to strongly oppose that one person's choice, and they respond by making life difficult for them. However, your family seems, from what I'm reading, to disagree but not to hinder you from exploring Christianity.

But you should avoid overdoing your interest in Christianity in their presence. Do not talk about it to them all the time and seem to be trying to convert them to Christianity all of a sudden. Don't go out of your way to criticize Hinduism to them.

What Lamb was telling you in post #15 was right. It is more effective to be a "quiet light." Show your new thinking by living it rather than arguing it. At the same time, this doesn't mean never, ever saying to them anything at all about how you feel about Jesus or Christianity.

Last edited:

siddhi koli

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Here's an approach to take...

You are way ahead of other people who leave (or just criticize) the religion that their families belong to. It is common for parents and other family members in that situation to strongly oppose that one person's choice, and they respond by making life difficult for them. However, your family seems, from what I'm reading, to disagree but not to hinder you from exploring Christianity.

But you should avoid overdoing your interest in Christianity in their presence. Do not talk about it to them all the time and seem to be trying to convert them to Christianity all of a sudden. Don't go out of your way to criticize Hinduism to them.

What Lamb was telling you in post #15 was right. It is more effective to be a "quiet light." Show your new thinking by living it rather than arguing it. At the same time, this doesn't mean never, ever saying to them anything at all about how you feel about Jesus or Christianity.
I don't convert families to become Christians. But to attain salvation. I'm sad because I can't walk Why did I come to this world? for what?Do not take another birth in this world.😭

Last edited:
Top Bottom