Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
What do you end up doing with your old medicines?

Fritz Kobus

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I wonder if the pharmacy has a means to dispose of them or return them for disposal.

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
The local pharmacy has a dropoff point. Not that I use it, I use virtually no medications and what I do use is over-the-counter stuff.

Jazzy

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Yes
I use the pharmacy drop off box but here are some other ways to dispose of them:

Stravinsk

Composer and Artist on Flat Earth
Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
Several years ago I decided to clean out the bathroom cabinet and found a ton of meds my (now deceased) spouse had used. I'm pretty sure I took them to a local pharmacy.

I don't use any meds accept for stuff that doesn't go bad...hydrogen peroxide, bandages etc. Oh, and the things that grow in my yard which don't come in pill form.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
The pharmacy where I live has these envelopes you PURCHASE in order to return meds you didn't use. That's so not right.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
The pharmacy where I live has these envelopes you PURCHASE in order to return meds you didn't use. That's so not right.

That leads people to dump them in the trash or flush them down the toilet.

Lees

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
What do you end up doing with your old medicines?

I don't have any such meds to deal with.

But your question does bring to mind a certain problem I have. What do you do with your old Bibles?

Can you with a clear conscience throw them in the trash? What do you do with them?

Lees

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I don't have any such meds to deal with.

But your question does bring to mind a certain problem I have. What do you do with your old Bibles?

Can you with a clear conscience throw them in the trash? What do you do with them?

Lees

Why can't you throw an old Bible in the trash? I personally haven't done it because I mostly use a digital Bible, but don't see why someone shouldn't throw away their Bible when they replace it with a new one.

Lees

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
Why can't you throw an old Bible in the trash? I personally haven't done it because I mostly use a digital Bible, but don't see why someone shouldn't throw away their Bible when they replace it with a new one.

Just can't. Seems wrong.

Lees

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Just can't. Seems wrong.

Lees

Why does it seem wrong? You read the book, you read it enough that it's worn out, you bought another one.

If you can't bring yourself to throw it in the trash give it to a local thrift shop. Just be aware that if it's worn out they might throw it in the trash.

If it helps I don't think there's a verse in the Bible that requires us to set aside a part of our home to store all the Bibles we wear out over our lifetimes.

Lees

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
Why does it seem wrong? You read the book, you read it enough that it's worn out, you bought another one.

If you can't bring yourself to throw it in the trash give it to a local thrift shop. Just be aware that if it's worn out they might throw it in the trash.

If it helps I don't think there's a verse in the Bible that requires us to set aside a part of our home to store all the Bibles we wear out over our lifetimes.

It just does. I don't view the trash can as a place, anytime, for the Word of God. Just my opinion.

Of course some are completely worn out. No thrift store or half price bookstore would want them. And I probably don't want to give them to them.

I have entertained a certain idea of late. Several years ago I vistied a half price book store. I always go to the used Bibles area. Where I found an old KJV Bible. It was old you could tell by the page coloring. Yet it had a homemade new cover, which was odd to me. Because though it was old, it had never been used by anyone. The pages were still stuck together as if it had been just printed.

This seemed very sad to me. A Bible that has never been read. I bought it and determined to read it all the way through, as I am always doing with any Bible I have. Well, I just finished it. It took me almost 4 years. The binding has completely come apart and pages keep falling out. but, I got through it. Now, what do I do with it.

I live in the country. Why not burn it? Not to burn it to destroy the Word of God, but to burn it to offer it up back to God as something of His that was used but has now worn out.

Yes, you are right. There is nothing in the Bible to suggest either way what we do. No right or wrong whatever you decide. But one must be comfortable with what he does...I think. My opinion.

Lees

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Sure, you want to be comfortable with what you are doing. I genuinely don't understand why you wouldn't be comfortable disposing of a worn out book. If you find it so disturbing I'd just suggest you make sure you aren't making a lifeless book into an idol. The words are holy, not the paper they are written on.

Lees

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
Sure, you want to be comfortable with what you are doing. I genuinely don't understand why you wouldn't be comfortable disposing of a worn out book. If you find it so disturbing I'd just suggest you make sure you aren't making a lifeless book into an idol. The words are holy, not the paper they are written on.

Well, I have explained it. If you don't understand, there is nothing I can do about that. If you want to throw your Bible in the trash can, that is up to you. I don't.

True story: Many years ago overseas in the military me and others were sitting around smoking some weed. After a while we ran out of papers. Oh my. But this one individual pulled out his pocket New Testament, that we all were issued, and said, no problem. These pages work just as well for papers. And began to roll another one. When it came around to me, I said no way, and passed it on.

If you don't understand it, there is nothing I can say.

Lees

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Just can't. Seems wrong.

Lees
Give it to someone, leave it on a park bench, donate it or something I guess. I couldn't trash them either, I have some pretty rough ones, some are inherited and really old.. I have about a dozen in room lol

Lees

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
Give it to someone, leave it on a park bench, donate it or something I guess. I couldn't trash them either, I have some pretty rough ones, some are inherited and really old.. I have about a dozen in room lol

I am slowly leaning to burning them as I described in post #(12). They are in such condition that no one would want them.

But, some have such a link to my history that even that would be hard to do.

Another true story while I was years ago in the military: I was in the top rack (bunk) one evening. The man who had the bottom rack was sweepin up our room. After he was done he asked me if i knew where a dust pan was. I told him I didn't. He reaches under his rack and pulls out a full size Bible and rips the cover off and uses it to sweep up the dust and dirt. I said what the heck are you doing? He said, sweeping up the dirt. With the Bible, I asked? He said, it doesn't matter. And he threw both the dirt and Bible in the trash. I asked if I could have that Bible that he just threw away. He said he didn't care.

Amazingly, I still have that Bible and the ripped cover.

Lees

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Well, I have explained it. If you don't understand, there is nothing I can do about that. If you want to throw your Bible in the trash can, that is up to you. I don't.

True story: Many years ago overseas in the military me and others were sitting around smoking some weed. After a while we ran out of papers. Oh my. But this one individual pulled out his pocket New Testament, that we all were issued, and said, no problem. These pages work just as well for papers. And began to roll another one. When it came around to me, I said no way, and passed it on.

If you don't understand it, there is nothing I can say.

Lees

I'm not sure how tearing a perfectly good page out of a Bible to roll a spliff has anything at all to do with throwing away a worn out Bible but, you know, whatever. If you don't feel comfortable throwing away a book once it's worn out feel free to reserve a space somewhere for a collection of worn out Bibles. Or go digital and avoid the problem.

Top Bottom