Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Here is an interesting fact …
We have a client that wants to add an EV “gas station” to his Auto Dealership complex. The 30 proposed chargers require enough electricity that the power company is talking about locating an electric power generating station on the site just to meet the demand for the EV fast chargers.

Easy to see why.

If a level 2 charger runs at 240V and 40A or so, 30 of them would require 1200A at 240V.

Level 3 chargers up the ante considerably - if you're running ˜400kW you're looking at 480V and 90-100A. 30 of those would be running 12MW, or around 3000A at 480V. It's a different league to upgrading a home service from 100A to 200A.

Fritz Kobus

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Here is an interesting fact …
We have a client that wants to add an EV “gas station” to his Auto Dealership complex. The 30 proposed chargers require enough electricity that the power company is talking about locating an electric power generating station on the site just to meet the demand for the EV fast chargers.
Probably more efficient to stick a generator in the trunk of each EV car.

Joshua1Eight

Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Yes
Well, now you've gone and made me look up the report I was referring to. ;)

As I indicated in the earlier post, I was going by what I had remembered reading, but if you take a look at the following link, you'll see that my memory was surprisingly good in this case. LOL

Ah, yes. You’re referring to a Rivian truck that is towing. I didn’t know that’s what you were referring to. I can believe that. Rivian has lots of problems. I wouldn’t recommend a Rivian.

I thought you were referring to a Tesla. Even the base model Tesla has 267 mile range. The top model has 315 mile range. But the price tag of $40k is too much for me.

ec1eb0daa959f1a63a4c1e7eea0f7cd6.jpg

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
When my dad used his pickup truck to tow my car to where we live now, we didn't have to stop that often to refill for gas.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Today, here in The People's Republic of California, the government informed us there will be "rolling blackouts" because the electrical grid cannot handle the heatwave we're experiencing.

The very same government that declared that ALL new cars sold in this state must be electric by 2035.

Makes you think (well, conservatives).

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Today, here in The People's Republic of California, the government informed us there will be "rolling blackouts" because the electrical grid cannot handle the heatwave we're experiencing.

The very same government that declared that ALL new cars sold in this state must be electric by 2035.

You're not supposed to be thinking. Just follow the fuhrer. Never mind irritating questions of how you're supposed to get to work or do, well, anything at all. Nothing to see here, move along.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I wonder if Fuhrer Newsom is hoping that no EV is powerful enough to pull a U-Haul in 2035. Then people really will be stuck in the People's Demokratik Republik.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Caution: If I were a betting man, I'd put my money on Newsom being our next president... for 8 years. The People's Demokratik Republik is on its way to Washington, DC.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

On a related note,

While the Democrats have ruled that ALL ELECTRIC CARS mandate phases in to be 100% in 2035, the same government insists we reduce our electrical use and declares we'll have rolling blackouts this weekend because CA doesn't have enough electricity to meet the requirements.

This same government has eliminated all nuclear plants but one (it got a 5 year extension), that one supplies 6% if California's electricity. It will be forced to close down in 5 years. There are no plans on what will replace that power.

You see, CA doesn't really want you to buy an electric car, they want you to buy a bicycle. Bicycle lanes are being added everywhere. And a new law, just passed by both houses and going to Newsom who has promised to sign it, mandates that local governments can no longer require parking spaces. Not for houses, not for apartments, not for office complexes, not for shopping centers, not for factories. They are still PERMITTED to supply such but cannot be required to do so. This has already been in effect in several cities in CA and it has resulted mostly in apartments no longer having any parking (residents are expected to ride their bike or take mass transit).

Now, keep this in mind. Nonsense is highly contagious. This is liberalism: it's just unmitigated on the coasts but liberal politicians can't wait to put it in effect everywhere. Live in Jamestown North Dakota? Learn now how to ride a bike.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Caution: If I were a betting man, I'd put my money on Newsom being our next president... for 8 years. The People's Demokratik Republik is on its way to Washington, DC.

I have no clue why people continue to vote for that man!

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Now, keep this in mind. Nonsense is highly contagious. This is liberalism: it's just unmitigated on the coasts but liberal politicians can't wait to put it in effect everywhere. Live in Jamestown North Dakota? Learn now how to ride a bike.

Bikes are fun. Especially in the ice and rain when you're trying to get up three miles of 11% grade. Or when you're sharing the road with knuckleheads who think it's a good idea to weave all over the road as they text while driving a dump truck.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes

With any luck his EV will fail and it will take him long enough to actually travel to DC that his term will be over before he can do any more damage.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I have no clue why people continue to vote for that man!

In the UK politicians who break their own rules usually pay some kind of price for it. Most notably Boris Johnson resigned after flagrantly breaking his own COVID rules. Also worth noting is that in the UK there is no such thing as an executive order and laws have to be passed by Parliament.

In the US governors pass executive orders without needing any backing, then ignore their own orders with impunity and the voters don't even punish them for it. For a country founded on the idea that the people didn't want a king the change is really quite remarkable.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
On a related note,

While the Democrats have ruled that ALL ELECTRIC CARS mandate phases in to be 100% in 2035, the same government insists we reduce our electrical use and declares we'll have rolling blackouts this weekend because CA doesn't have enough electricity to meet the requirements.

This same government has eliminated all nuclear plants but one (it got a 5 year extension), that one supplies 6% if California's electricity. It will be forced to close down in 5 years. There are no plans on what will replace that power.

You see, CA doesn't really want you to buy an electric car, they want you to buy a bicycle. Bicycle lanes are being added everywhere. And a new law, just passed by both houses and going to Newsom who has promised to sign it, mandates that local governments can no longer require parking spaces. Not for houses, not for apartments, not for office complexes, not for shopping centers, not for factories. They are still PERMITTED to supply such but cannot be required to do so. This has already been in effect in several cities in CA and it has resulted mostly in apartments no longer having any parking (residents are expected to ride their bike or take mass transit).

Now, keep this in mind. Nonsense is highly contagious. This is liberalism: it's just unmitigated on the coasts but liberal politicians can't wait to put it in effect everywhere. Live in Jamestown North Dakota? Learn now how to ride a bike

Well, it takes me 15 minutes driving 45 mph hour to the grocery store. How long would it take me to ride a bike that goes about 12mph? hmm? City people shouldn't be making laws for the entire country.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Well, it takes me 15 minutes driving 45 mph hour to the grocery store. How long would it take me to ride a bike that goes about 12mph? hmm? City people shouldn't be making laws for the entire country.

Not to mention the aggravation of hauling your shopping back on a bicycle.

Never mind, you can just starve. Serves you right for not supporting Fuhrer Newsom.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
It's said that the difference between California and the Titanic is that the Titanic had the lights on when it sank....

Alexander

Religious Affiliation
Other Religion
Yes
What cons can you think of?
One of the biggest cons, is the battery. The battery is made by CATL and only promises a lifespan of 50,000 miles - a new battery from CATL for a Tesla is near the cost of buying a new one. And disposing of a old battery after the ion cells have died, is not good for the environment.

Top Bottom