Jazzy

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
People who have lost or gained a lot of weight, how were you treated differently depending on size?

Messy

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
You look like a drug addict.
How do you stay so thin?
versus
You look so healthy. It looks a lot better on you.
Don't worry. I'm fat too. LOL

But most ppl say nothing. One funny comment I got when I cut my hair short myself, from a collegue: Did your rabbit attack you? 🤣

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
When I was a teenager, I had an eating disorder and lost 30 pounds over summer vacation. I thought everything was going to be great once I got back to school and guess what...my male friends avoided me as if I was diseased, my female friends were mostly distant as well. The ones who stuck with me were the ones who were my very best friends.

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I can't say I've noticed people treating me particularly differently, although my doctor doesn't tell me I need to lose weight with every checkup any more.

For me a major difference since my weight loss is that more people around town know who I am. I'm the guy who walks and runs all over the place. Most of them don't know me by name but people who see me walking or running past their house regularly often recognise me even when I'm not in my running clothes.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Way back in my undergrad days, I took a class entitled, "Racism in America." It was taught by an African-American man who was born and grew up in the Watts area of Los Angeles (a poverty area almost entirely populated by African - Americans). He was the son of a Baptist preacher there. Anyway, he was also a very large man (I'd guess 350 or so?). He commented that in his life, he's experienced more discrimination because of his size than his skin color.

Ammi

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
I once gain 50 lbs. I got a little good-natured ribbing over it. I recall hearing something about the Pillsbury doughboy. Lol Then I lost it all. Most of my clothes are still baggy. Nothing belts can't handle. Oh yeah. I'm slowly putting some of it back on, but let's not talk about that! :oops:

Top Bottom