unrepentant sin is unforgiven sin (moved from Off Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brighten04

Religious Affiliation
Protestant
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Do you think that verse pertains to everyone who says they believe in Christ?

Or do you think it pertains to those who seal out the direction of God without seasing?

Works are a byproduct of Faith. Any other type doesn't please God.

Does it not say to be doers of the word and not only hearers?

Faith in selfless Unity for Good.

It pertains to anyone who has the Holy Ghost indwelling within them.

popsthebuilder

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Does it say those with the holy spirit indwelling with them will continue in sin or walk in the spirit?

Faith in selfless Unity for Good.

Alithis

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
1.You lie. saying you no longer sin.
2.You condemn us under the law like the hypocritical Pharisee.
3.You claim forgiveness for yourself and deny it to us.
4. You falsely accuse us of sinning when you don't know anything about us.
5 . Pride oozes out of your posts, so you really need to check that before you fall.
6. You deny us the grace that caught your own fallen soul.
7. What you are driving at is you want to take credit for our salvation. Sorry Jesus saved me years ago.

What I can't understand is why you feel the need to preach sin rather than grace?Jesus has saved us brother.Now if you really want to edify your already save and delivered from sin sisters and brothers, drop the sin bit, and start showing grace.

No one who is in Christ lives in perpetual sin. Our Lord Jesus' blood has cleansed us. OUR SIN IS FORGIVEN , OUR SIN IS FORGIVEN , one more time OUR SIN IS FORGIVEN.
His blood is enough. It is enough to save us. It is enough to keep us saved.
ignoring the empty accusations presented by the twisting of words i will simply say ..love will always and only speak the truth . thus it is love which bears this sword of the word of god and the word of God is as a two edged sword ..it cuts to the heart of the mater ,separating spirit from flesh.

Our sin will be forgiven.. when we repent of it .

and not until we do .THat is made clear through out the entire Bible .because God cannot contradict himself ..the command is "repent " the command is NOT go and do it over and over and over . what part of free don't you yet understand ..what part of "FREE" compels you to be a slave to sin over and over again ? please do tell .has christ died and wrought no effect in you ? if he has wrought no effect in your life then perhaps you need to revisit your salvation with fear and trembling

John speaks in a past tense saying if you say you have not sin then you lie .. if i were to sin now that christ has set me free, his god given conscience of the nature of christ within me will certainly convict me and i will be in need of repentance .

Let us look at REPENTANCE

what it is NOT .
repentance is not merely confession .

to moses pharaoh confessed time and time again .. saying "i have sinned against GOd, take this plague away .. and then the lord took the plague away and said let my people go
and pharaoh refused .then god sent another plague and pharaoh said to moses ..i have sinned against God most high ..take this plague away . and God took it away and said ..let my people go .. and pharaoh refused and so on and on it went ..
pharaoh confessed his sin.. but he never repented of it and he perished .

so many people do this ..they say "i have sinned help me " then the lord helps them and say .. do this .. but they reuse to obey and then sin again..
so we see confessing is not repentance .

REPENTANCE is NOT feeling sorry for doing it .. every criminal feels sorry .. fter he is caught out but until he is caught out .. he sins .
repentance is not remorse ... Judas iscariot was more remorseful then any man on the earth ,he was so remorseful he hung himself and perished to hell fire ..
he was remorseful .. but he did not repent.

REPENTANCE is TURNING AWAY from sin and TURNING TO GOD ..to no more follow sin or obey its desires .. but to Follow GOD and OBEY HIM .
if a person does not do this .. as it is commanded by GOD , but continues to serve sin by obeying ITS desires in our flesh.. then he/she is NOT serving God and does not know GOD .
and the lord will say to that person ... "i do not KNOW you depart from me you workers of iniquity " ( you practicers of guilt .. you doers of sin )..

it is the greatest love to speak the truth.. it is the greatest vileness to speak a lie to appease the sensibilities of man to his destruction.

the command is REPENT ..turn away STOP DOING sin ... if the command is obeyed you will receive the holy ghost ,, he IS LIFE and he IS ETERNAL

to be saved we must OBEY GODS COMMAND TO REPENT . the command is the grace of god that he has so given us the oppurtunity to do so and the power to contnue in obedience to him .-that is the grace of GOD . never did he give any one the grace to continue in sin . that is not grace that is to believe a lie .
do not be deceived little children .
1 john 3:6 -No one who abides in Him sins; no one who sins has seen Him or knows Him. Little children, make sure no one deceives you; the one who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous;…

Alithis

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I don't think so. IMO, you have simply displaced the Gospel.... and disagreed with Paul who stated that NO ONE is righteous, no not even one.... who insisted that he is the "CHIEF of sinners" (and thus, it seems, according to you - not a Christian and not in heaven).

What I reject is neglecting the Gospel.... what I reject is that Christless, Bloodless, Gospel-less religion.

- Josiah

Luke 24 .... and He said to them, "Thus it is written, that the Christ would suffer and rise again from the dead the third day, 47and That repentance for forgiveness of sins would be proclaimed in His name to all the nations, beginning from Jerusalem.

and this is what i am preaching to you this day .. that you must REPENT for the forgiveness of sin. that you may be saved on the day of God's wrath .
we cannot continue in sin and disobey God by doing so and be forgiven .
if the lord JESUS himself said repentance for forgiveness for sin ..would be preached then it would be negligent to NOT preach it . thus i will not neglect the gospel by leaving it out .as that would not be either obedient to the lord JEsus nor would it be loving to you all to not speak the whole Truth of the Gospel .

Hammster

Religious Affiliation
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Once we repent, we are forgiven of our sins. All of them. The ones known and unknown. The ones committed and not yet committed. To think that atonement is progressive is nonsense.

Hammster

Religious Affiliation
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Where sin abounds, grace abounds all the more.

Good news.

Rens

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
In Relationship
Once we repent, we are forgiven of our sins. All of them. The ones known and unknown. The ones committed and not yet committed. To think that atonement is progressive is nonsense.

Not yet committed is nonsense, then Jude is saved, because hey what does that last sin from him matter anyway. If I had no time to say sorry when I just said a bad word and got hit by a car, sure, I'm in heaven, but if I willingly go sinning like living together in sin ehmm no. I fell from my faith and if I had died then I wouldn't have gone to heaven. The lost son wasn't saved when he was lost. If future sins don't matter the person that was a christian and now became an atheist is still unknowingly saved. There was someone on another forum who really believed that. There's a difference if someone struggles with some sin, nobody is perfect or if you willingly really sin. And God can set you free from any real sin which maybe has become demonic if you repent.

Brighten04

Religious Affiliation
Protestant
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Not yet committed is nonsense, then Jude is saved, because hey what does that last sin from him matter anyway. If I had no time to say sorry when I just said a bad word and got hit by a car, sure, I'm in heaven, but if I willingly go sinning like living together in sin ehmm no. I fell from my faith and if I had died then I wouldn't have gone to heaven. The lost son wasn't saved when he was lost. If future sins don't matter the person that was a christian and now became an atheist is still unknowingly saved. There was someone on another forum who really believed that. There's a difference if someone struggles with some sin, nobody is perfect or if you willingly really sin. And God can set you free from any real sin which maybe has become demonic if you repent.

We repent(change our mindset) when we come to Christ. We GIVE our lives to Jesus and we die. We DIE to sin. We no longer live sister, but Christ now lives in us. I don't understand why people cannot understand what happens when we give our lives to Christ. If you give your life to Jesus Christ, He owns you, by the Holy Ghost, He possesses you. He is in you, you are in Him. Everything that you are belongs now to Him. If you have habitual sin, if tou confess it He is faithful and He is just to forgive you of the sin and cleanse you of the unrighteousness. Trust the word.

Hammster

Religious Affiliation
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

I got a verse.

13 And you, who were dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made alive together with him, having forgiven us all our trespasses,
14 by canceling the record of debt that stood against us with its legal demands. This he set aside, nailing it to the cross. - Colossians 2:13-14

Alithis

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Titus 2:11-14 "For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men. Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world. Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ. Who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto Himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works."

Alithis

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
no where in the scripture does it say you can continue to sin and still be saved
no where does it say that the nature of christ within you when you receive the holy Spirit (If you have received him) will he cause you to continue in sin
no where does it say that once christ has set you free you will remain a prisoner to sin to serve it
no where does it say you can serve two masters

and if you have not received the Holy Spirit you have not received eternal life ..for he IS eternal .

13 And you, who were dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made alive together with him, having forgiven us all our trespasses,
14 by canceling the record of debt that stood against us with its legal demands. This he set aside, nailing it to the cross. - Colossians 2:13-14

AND after this if we continue in sin and refuse to repent .. refuse to CEASE doing it and so serve it as a master over us .. then we do not serve Christ.

"..............To their loss they are crucifying the Son of God all over again and subjecting him to public disgrace. 7 Land that drinks in the rain often falling on it and that produces a crop useful to those for whom it is farmed receives the blessing of God. 8 But land that produces thorns and thistles is worthless and is in danger of being cursed. In the end it will be burned. - hebrews 6.

the command is REPENT
it is not" ask forgiveness" then go back and spit in gods face by doing the same sin again and again.

that is a false message and a lie ..
the command is REPENT and repent means -repent . turn away from following one and follow the other . do not be as those who serve god with their lips but they hearts are far from him.

Alithis

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
We repent(change our mindset) when we come to Christ. We GIVE our lives to Jesus and we die. We DIE to sin. We no longer live sister, but Christ now lives in us. I don't understand why people cannot understand what happens when we give our lives to Christ. If you give your life to Jesus Christ, He owns you, by the Holy Ghost, He possesses you. He is in you, you are in Him. Everything that you are belongs now to Him. If you have habitual sin, if tou confess it He is faithful and He is just to forgive you of the sin and cleanse you of the unrighteousness. Trust the word.

i fully understand what happens .. but the message remains the same .
for some reason you seem intent on acting as if im speaking of you .
i can only be speaking of "you " if you have some sin which you keep doing and have not repented of .. if this is the case then you need to repent ,if not ,then say amen to the truth of the words of the lord Jesus for he is is that said -"repentance for forgiveness is to be preached ."

but now it is you who have added words to the scripture that are not there ..!

for you have said If you have habitual sin, if you confess it He is faithful and He is just to forgive you of the sin and cleanse you of the unrighteousness. Trust the word.

but we cant trust "your "word .. because the scripture says no such thing . it does not say "if you have habitual sin.. "

if you believe in Jesus ..ALL things are possible ..he came to set us fee from the power of sin.. if we are set free from its power then it has no power over us to hold us in habitual sin.. a person in habitual sin is not free .. they are in habitual sin. a slave to it . they need to be saved - to be saved they must repent , be baptised and receive the Holy Ghost .

please repent of the error of the words you have added to the word of God ..

- if you have habitual sin -then you are not free from sin .and the scripture says it very clear ..as follows .

"1 john 3:9 No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God’s seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God. 10 This is how we know who the children of God are and who the children of the devil are: Anyone who does not do what is right is not God’s child, nor is anyone who does not love their brother and sister.... try as you all might ( and no one who loves the lord will bother to try ) you cannot ignore what is plainly written in the scripture and you cannot argue against Gods word and win

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
no where in the scripture does it say you can continue to sin and still be saved

Since we all continue to sin, ergo I guess none of us are saved.

A perfect conclusion for one who holds to a Christless, Crossless, Gospel-less religion.

Alithis

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Since we all continue to sin, ergo I guess none of us are saved.

A perfect conclusion for one who holds to a Christless, Crossless, Gospel-less religion.

why do you continue to sin ? that would be ..as you call it .."Christtless "
why do you not put to death sin on the cross(take up your cross and follow Jesus) ? to not do so would be ,as you call it .. cross-less.
what sin are you speaking of when you say all this ?what sin are you refusing to turn away from ?

why do you resist repentance .. you want the grace of God in salvation and you want your sin as well?
but you cant- for God has commanded all to REPENT .. turn away and STOP DOING IT NOW .

the law of God is written on our hearts , the nature of Christ within us ..if we abide in him.. we cannot sin ..HE HAS SET US FREE -there is no excuse once we are set free . if we cant stop ..then we are not free.. and need saving .

" No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God’s seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God. 10 This is how we know who the children of God are and who the children of the devil are: Anyone who does not do what is right is not God’s child, nor is anyone who does not love their brother and sister....
"1 john 3:9

try as you all might ( and no one who loves the lord will bother to try ) you cannot ignore what is plainly written in the scripture and you cannot argue against Gods word and win

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
why do you continue to sin ?

Not all are perfect like you.... in fact, according to God, NO ONE is (including you). We are ALL sinners. Thus, we need mercy, grace, Christ, the Cross, the Blood - except you, evidently - you have a perfect you (evidently, God is not aware of you being perfect and all).

Alithis

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Not all are perfect like you.... in fact, according to God, NO ONE is (including you). We are ALL sinners. Thus, we need mercy, grace, Christ, the Cross, the Blood - except you, evidently - you have a perfect you (evidently, God is not aware of you being perfect and all).

we are all sinners until we receive his grace and mercy and forgiveness and are reborn of God ..then this happens ..

" No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God’s seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God. 10 This is how we know who the children of God are and who the children of the devil are: Anyone who does not do what is right is not God’s child, nor is anyone who does not love their brother and sister....

So if you go on sinning ..you need to repent . Do you not believe the lord jesus came to set you FREE from sins power and to save you from it ?
if you do then you will cal on him to save you and you will walk free ..there is no need to be sarcastic .

the word of god says what the word of god says - and HIS word is TRUE and he is faithful to it .

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
we are all sinners until we receive his grace and mercy and forgiveness and are reborn of God ..then this happens ..

So if you go on sinning ..you need to repent . Do you not believe the lord jesus came to set you FREE from sins power and to save you from it ?
if you do then you will cal on him to save you and you will walk free ..there is no need to be sarcastic .

the word of god says what the word of god says - and HIS word is TRUE and he is faithful to it .

I've never met a perfect, sinless person before..... Perhaps we should have coffee sometime? Until then, I'm going with God... so stated that NO ONE is righteous, NO NOT ONE.... with Paul who counted himself "CHIEF of sinners." Until I met you, I'm relying on the Cross, the Christ, the Blood - not the perfect you who needs no mercy, no grace, no forgiveness because you are sinless.

Alithis

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Where sin abounds, grace abounds all the more.

Good news.

yes . where there is much sin the Grace of God is all the more there to make the way of repentance available ..

because - in context " For as through the one man's disobedience the many were made sinners, even so through the obedience of the One the many will be made righteous. 20The Law came in so that the transgression would increase; but where sin increased, grace abounded all the more, 21so that, as sin reigned in death, even so grace would reign through righteousness[/B] to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

you will note that grace does not reign through continued unrepentant sin.. but it reigns through righteousness .. it is not righteousness to keep sinning ..that is unrighteousness .
Many want to have salvation and keep sinning (it seems )
But this is absolutely impossible -because God has commanded - REPENT- !

if any one refuses to repent of their sin - they are in disobedience and if they do not repent of disobedience.. they will perish .
for salvation begins with repentance and that had never ever changed from the day the lord Jesus said .. repentance for the forgiveness sin will be preached and Peter declared "repent and be baptized every one of you and you will receive the holy Ghost "

the good news has never changed .. Good news God has declared a way for all to be saved from their sin and that way is ...

believe in the one whom he has sent .. -repent and be baptized .. never was the message ..only believe but its OK to keep on sinning . that is a doctrine of devils from the pity of hell a lie from the father of lies and all who cling to it in opposition to the words of the lord and the command to repent ,are not Gods nor do they know God .

forgiveness awaits ..and freedom awaits .. and eternal life awaits .. all those that will obey God and REPENT of their sin .

Alithis

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I've never met a perfect, sinless person before..... Perhaps we should have coffee sometime? Until then, I'm going with God... so stated that NO ONE is righteous, NO NOT ONE.... with Paul who counted himself "CHIEF of sinners." Until I met you, I'm relying on the Cross, the Christ, the Blood - not the perfect you who needs no mercy, no grace, no forgiveness because you are sinless.

paul stated this speaking of all of the world born of Adam .. but if you have died with Christ then you are no longer of the world and if you are born again of the spirit of God in the Resurrection of Christ Jesus then though you WERE (past tense) a sinner , but now are you clean now are you made the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus .now are free to go .. and sin no more .

so being made free from the grip and power of sin.. why would you sin except the love of God is not in you .

do not be deceived little children -

-"When Christ, who is our life, is revealed, then you also will be revealed with Him in glory. 5Therefore consider the members of your earthly body as dead to immorality, impurity, passion, evil desire, and greed, which amounts to idolatry. 6For it is because of these things that the wrath of God will come upon the sons of disobedience,… " a dead body does not do things ..it is dead "

-"do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men[a] 10 nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God."-

were we washed and sanctified and justified that we might then return and do again all those detestable practices ? absolutely NOT .. repent !

oh that people would apply the same truth to their own life they apply to others in life .. if a woman had a husband and he says ouh my wife ..i sinned against you ,i slept with another woman ..forgive me .. and then she is hurt so deep ,but she forgives him.. and then the next day he does it again and displays that he has no true repentance .. do you think he will be acceptable to her as a husband ? ..NOPE.

and yet people turn around and say it is ok to behave this way ..with the most high perfect and HOLY God .. !??

do not be deceived .. he that practices unrighteousness ..is unrighteous .he that practices wickedness ,is wickedness will not inherit the kingdom of God

REPENT and be saved .

Last edited:

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Here my post from another thread but it applies here:

Here is the Law and Gospel which seems to be what the problem is here.

The Law says we have to stop sinning for salvation.

The Gospel says that because we cannot be perfect, God came to earth, lived a perfectly obedient life we could not and died in our place on the cross. We are washed clean because of Him.

The Law says since we are still in these sinful bodies that we will keep on sinning.

The Gospel says that God looks at us through a cross colored lens and sees His Son with whom He is well pleased.

The Law says turn away from sin and repent.

The Gospel says repentance is a gift and the Holy Spirit guides us.

We wait for Christ's return when we will be with Him and in that time have new bodies and be one with Him. Until then, we are clay in His hands.

Amen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom