Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
It was when I was 7 years old. My teacher had a group of advanced students that I was a part of and we were going to put on a play. I wanted to do one play and a couple other girls wanted Hansel and Gretel. I remember being in the bathroom and asked them to please vote for the play I wanted to do. One girl said, "Oh yeah, we're all voting for that one". I was happy...until I saw them whispering as I turned to leave the bathroom. Later they had all the other kids in the group vote for the play they wanted and I was the only one who voted for the one I liked best. It was one of the first times I was betrayed openly like that, but not the last.

ValleyGal

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Each time I married and ultimately divorced, I lost the ability to trust. My ability to trust was damaged when my family and best friend at the time talked smack behind my back and then spread lies about me based on their own assumptions. It was again damaged when I was formally accused of plagiarism by a first year college instructor because "no one in the first year can write something that good." It was again damaged when my banking information was stolen along with tens of thousands that could not be replaced because I had no proof that I'm not the one who made the purchases (I was reimbursed for the ones I could prove, which amounted to about $3,000). I also do not trust the people I work with because they stand around watching harassment as it happens, and do nothing to intervene.

I used to be a naive young woman, happy, fun, funny, energetic, optimistic and actually believed in a big, beautiful world with good people. Now I am a jaded middle aged woman who is totally disillusioned with it and wonder where all the good people have gone.

Top Bottom