Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
I doubt Trump would win - his negatives (even among Republicans) are FAR too high. The "fear" is that he won't only loose, but the loss will run down the rest of the ticket so that Republicans loose both houses and the present majority of governors. Polls suggest Cruz at least has a chance, but probably won't win either - but some think he will do far less damage to the rest of the ticket.... and since it's now him or Trump, some are rallying behind Cruz, increasing his odds (still a long shot) that he'll get the nomination (if only by Convention action).

I'm one of those conservative/Republican voters who will not vote for Trump. But THAT won't keep me from voting, I'll still go to vote the rest of the ballot.

What I regret MOST about the future Presidentess Clinton is she'll get a chance to nomination 2 or 3 Supreme Court judges.... for LIFE. And in the modern USA, the real power is in the Supreme Court. With the ages of several judges being way up there, she'll create an uber liberal court for decades. But Trump - being such a loose cannon - who knows who he could appoint!!!! Maybe much worse.

From what's been reported on "Planet America" it seems that the governorship and house of representatives electorates are "gerrymandered" to the hilt. It may be impossible for Republicans to lose unless their vote drops to 30% or less.

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Then vote Clinton ;)

For all I think Trump is little more than a tubthumper and rabble rouser I'd still rather see him in the White House than Hillary.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
For all I think Trump is little more than a tubthumper and rabble rouser I'd still rather see him in the White House than Hillary.

Why?

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes

It seems Hillary is constantly dogged by scandals. I'm sure a large part of any scandal that won't go away is down to the opposing party (and both seem as bad as each other) not letting things lie but the issue of the personal email server alone suggests to me she showed such a catastrophic lack of judgment that she shouldn't be allowed to hold high office at all.

Many many years ago I worked on a project that included some information that was classified. I had to sign all sorts of official documentation and it was made very clear that the repercussions for breaking the rules were very serious. In theory if I took anything from that project home I could have gone to jail for it. And yet we have Hillary apparently not using official email channels because she had her own server. Even if it could be conclusively proven that not a single classified email went anywhere near that server, things are run on official servers for a reason and as soon as things go outside the official channel it starts to look more and more like a grubby cover-up.

I suspect the truth about Benghazi will never be publicly known - it seems the Democrats insist it's all resolved and the Republicans insist it's all been covered up, but it just seems like another example of controversy and the whiff of scandal surrounding her. I'm not putting too much stock in that one because it's always possible that it is little more than political mudslinging to try and neutralise an opposing candidate.

I'm not particularly keen on her politics either. During the 2008 selection process the impression I got (from across the water) was that Obama knew that if he was elected President he would be the first black President but seemed to be campaigning based on his policies rather than his pigmentation. Hillary would have been the first female President and back then I got the impression she regarded that as a reason to vote for her, and that alone put my back up. When I vote for a candidate I really don't care whether they are black or white, male or female, gay or straight, I want the closest thing I can get to an honest politician. And the simple reality is that I wouldn't trust Hillary. I wouldn't trust The Donald either, so voting for him over Hillary would very much be the sense of the lesser of two evils (and a difficult choice between them).

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes

It seems Hillary is constantly dogged by scandals. I'm sure a large part of any scandal that won't go away is down to the opposing party (and both seem as bad as each other) not letting things lie but the issue of the personal email server alone suggests to me she showed such a catastrophic lack of judgment that she shouldn't be allowed to hold high office at all.

Many many years ago I worked on a project that included some information that was classified. I had to sign all sorts of official documentation and it was made very clear that the repercussions for breaking the rules were very serious. In theory if I took anything from that project home I could have gone to jail for it. And yet we have Hillary apparently not using official email channels because she had her own server. Even if it could be conclusively proven that not a single classified email went anywhere near that server, things are run on official servers for a reason and as soon as things go outside the official channel it starts to look more and more like a grubby cover-up.

I suspect the truth about Benghazi will never be publicly known - it seems the Democrats insist it's all resolved and the Republicans insist it's all been covered up, but it just seems like another example of controversy and the whiff of scandal surrounding her. I'm not putting too much stock in that one because it's always possible that it is little more than political mudslinging to try and neutralise an opposing candidate.

I'm not particularly keen on her politics either. During the 2008 selection process the impression I got (from across the water) was that Obama knew that if he was elected President he would be the first black President but seemed to be campaigning based on his policies rather than his pigmentation. Hillary would have been the first female President and back then I got the impression she regarded that as a reason to vote for her, and that alone put my back up. When I vote for a candidate I really don't care whether they are black or white, male or female, gay or straight, I want the closest thing I can get to an honest politician. And the simple reality is that I wouldn't trust Hillary. I wouldn't trust The Donald either, so voting for him over Hillary would very much be the sense of the lesser of two evils (and a difficult choice between them).

But to prefer Donald Trump to Hillary Clinton? Surely that is not serious comment.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I dont want to see either one in any position of power

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
I don't want to see either one in any position of power

Time and the voters will tell. Perhaps prayer will help. I can't help but think that neither is particularly attractive as a potential president of the USA.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
either is good to take the country down

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
But to prefer Donald Trump to Hillary Clinton? Surely that is not serious comment.

It is, but only in the same sense that I'd rather be kicked in the crutch than hit with an axe.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
If it goes to the convention I would almost gurantee that Trump will not get it and that he will form a third party

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
If it goes to the convention I would almost gurantee that Trump will not get it and that he will form a third party

I agree....

I can't think of a situation where Hilary doesn't win, and where Trump is the reason.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Looks like only 4 people have voted in the poll ...

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
not a problem

psalms 91

Valued Contributor