user1234

Religious Affiliation
Other Church
Marital Status
Separated
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Oh man!
Total bummer. But thanks for the info, but yeah, really a downer, I watched that show religiously, lol, as a kid when it first came on.
To this day, I have no interest in the modern movie versions.
Just seeing pieces of them, they turned it so dark and ugly, much like hollywood does with just about everything, unfortunately. They always seem to have to put a sinister spin on things and give even the 'good guys' an evil feel about it all.

But Batman back then reminds me of a more innocent-feeling time, and I remember watching shows like that and The Brady Bunch and The Partridge Family, The Monkees, and some of the great cartoons, The Flintstones (Wiiiillllmmaaaa) and The Jetsons (Jaaaaayyynne) and so many more, and yep, I aint ashamed to admit it, lol.
Even Dark Shadows didn't seem so dark by todays standards, though it was, a bit.
A campy soap opera about vampires and castles, lol, just classic!

Yeah, those tv moments from the sixties and early seventies, wow.
(Of course, so much of that fantasy land, combined with the introduction to 'extra-curriculars' at that time probly didn't help a young mind full of mush to steer onto the right path. Thank God for His grace, mercy, and longsuffering.
And salvation in Jesus!

And God bless Adam West. I pray he's with Jesus even now, and I pray for his family, friends and fans, for God's comfort and reassurance of God's grace and Jesus' resurrection.
Thanks for this news post, even though it brings a touch of sadness. God bless.

ImaginaryDay2

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Yes
I wasn't allowed to watch for a while since my mom thought it would give me nightmares :D
I'd sneak down to the basement anyway, turn the TV down as low as I could, and stick my ear up to the speaker. She still knew! :)

Tigger

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Thx for the memories Mr. West :-_-:

user1234

Religious Affiliation
Other Church
Marital Status
Separated
Yes
I wasn't allowed to watch for a while since my mom thought it would give me nightmares :D
I'd sneak down to the basement anyway, turn the TV down as low as I could, and stick my ear up to the speaker. She still knew! :)
Lol, too good! :=D:
I just informed my mom, (yep, still with us, God bless her) and it's funny, but though she knows Adam West, she said she wasn't all that familiar with the shows characters when I started doing a run through (The actors, yes of course, but not the roles they played).

At first I couldnt believe it, then I realized, that was probly one of those shows that would keep me glued to the tv so she could get other things done with no worries.
Of course, back then, there were very little worries anyway.....Doors were unlocked, a neighbor would generally knock and then just walk in anyway, lol.

Now here they are on the same street 60 years later, and the drug thugs right next door are out of control. Cops needing to be called all the time (and half the time they cant come bc theres a shooting somewhere. Priorities)

They do and sell dope in broad daylight right out front, last night they were stinkin up the street with whatever they smoke (it aint regular pot, thats for sure) at midnight, stereo blasting every foul word you can think of, (why do they call themselves N's? And be entertained by 'music' that calls their women B's and Ho's?) Also MF, S, C, just a disgusting foul culture of drug thugs and the neighborhood aint what it used to be, that's for sure. It stinks. All that while their kids are running amok screaming in the street. Just clueless.
Sorry, but I mention it all here, because I want to cry, 'Where have you gone, Batman??!!'

Btw, Frank Gorshen as The Riddler,
Cesar Romero as The Joker,
Strother Martin as Penguin, etc. .....
What a cast!
And Julie Newmar as Catwoman!!!!!
(There were others, Eartha Kitt played Catwoman, too)
But ..... Julie Newmar! ...... Rrrrowwrr!
(Uh-oh, ok now I'm in trouble with you-know-who) Oops. :;;D: *Gulp

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Rest in Peace, Adam West!

When I was little my uncle used to watch Batman and Robin and my grandma would tell me I had to be quiet while he was watching his show :)

batman-pow.jpg

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I used to watch that as well

user1234

Religious Affiliation
Other Church
Marital Status
Separated
Yes
Rest in Peace, Adam West!

When I was little my uncle used to watch Batman and Robin and my grandma would tell me I had to be quiet while he was watching his show :)

batman-pow.jpg
Lol, and check out how they protected the little ones from the implied violence, covering the screens with POWS and THWACKS instead of seeing all of the kicks and punches!
(I like how they'd put in the reactions, too ..... OOF and YOW !!!)
LOL!
And the suspense at the end of episodes .... 'How will our Caped Crusaders Fight and Finagle their way out of this latest Fiery Fiasco??!!
Tune in next week ..... Same Bat Time...Same Bat Channel !!!
:=D: LOL Just genius!

ImaginaryDay2

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Yes
Lol, too good! :=D:
I just informed my mom, (yep, still with us, God bless her) and it's funny, but though she knows Adam West, she said she wasn't all that familiar with the shows characters when I started doing a run through (The actors, yes of course, but not the roles they played).

At first I couldnt believe it, then I realized, that was probly one of those shows that would keep me glued to the tv so she could get other things done with no worries.
Of course, back then, there were very little worries anyway.....Doors were unlocked, a neighbor would generally knock and then just walk in anyway, lol.

Now here they are on the same street 60 years later, and the drug thugs right next door are out of control. Cops needing to be called all the time (and half the time they cant come bc theres a shooting somewhere. Priorities)

They do and sell dope in broad daylight right out front, last night they were stinkin up the street with whatever they smoke (it aint regular pot, thats for sure) at midnight, stereo blasting every foul word you can think of, (why do they call themselves N's? And be entertained by 'music' that calls their women B's and Ho's?) Also MF, S, C, just a disgusting foul culture of drug thugs and the neighborhood aint what it used to be, that's for sure. It stinks. All that while their kids are running amok screaming in the street. Just clueless.
Sorry, but I mention it all here, because I want to cry, 'Where have you gone, Batman??!!'

Btw, Frank Gorshen as The Riddler,
Cesar Romero as The Joker,
Strother Martin as Penguin, etc. .....
What a cast!
And Julie Newmar as Catwoman!!!!!
(There were others, Eartha Kitt played Catwoman, too)
But ..... Julie Newmar! ...... Rrrrowwrr!
(Uh-oh, ok now I'm in trouble with you-know-who) Oops. :;;D: *Gulp

I know we're talking 'classic' Batman, and this film was generally panned, but Halle Berry as "Catwoman"? LOOKOUT! :D

hotrhymez

Rhymeslayer
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I guess he was before my time. Whenever I think of Batman I think of Christian Bale and Heath Ledger's Joker in The Dark Knight..

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
I guess he was before my time. Whenever I think of Batman I think of Christian Bale and Heath Ledger's Joker in The Dark Knight..

He was before your time. He was of the 1960s. From 12th January 1966, to 14th March 1968.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I loved watching that show growing up. Batman and Spider-Man were my favorites.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Tonight Los Angeles will be shining the bat signal in memory of Adam West!

Top Bottom