Jazzy

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
What’s something teenagers today will never understand about past generations?

Castle Church

Religious Affiliation
Methodist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
The idea that if you did not know something you could not just look it up online. You had to go to a book of some sort, or ask someone that was knowledgeable.

Forgiven1

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
We didn't have navigation systems. We had to open a map to figure out how to get to places.

Ammi

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
We used to sit around and listen to music for hours. I can't imagine doing that with today's music. I suppose it's possible. Though I'm a musician, I'm really out of touch with music. It's just been a long time since I've heard anything I like.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
"Sophomore" It's two Greek words put together: Sophia (wisdom) and moros (moron). The Greeks used this for someone with knowledge but not much in the way of wisdom and experience. The first you can get from books and schools... the second often takes time and life.

Teens can be very smart, they can know a lot of stuff. And that include doing and saying what they have learned is good and right and helpful. And teens can be loving, caring, giving - in fact, I often think older people don't give them the credit they should for that. But all that doesn't necessarily equal wisdom. Wisdom can be a bit allusive to younger people (well, older ones too).

Wisdom is pretty hard to define. In a way, it's kind of like "street-smarts" - it's practical in nature, it has more to do with living than with facts. It's related more to maturity than to intelligence. And it's hard to teach in books or schools (although a truly smart person CAN learn wisdom from others - without having to experience it themselves).

Top Bottom