Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Drinking pumpkin flavored coffee! LOL It's nice and cool out so it feels like fall except that by Wednesday it will be hot again.

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
It's cool enough that another walk in the woods would be fun, but my calf muscles decided to take a day off before aching following Saturday's long one. I might take a gentle walk anyway and give them something to gripe about, or maybe I'll stay home and see if the weather holds tomorrow.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
It's cool enough that another walk in the woods would be fun, but my calf muscles decided to take a day off before aching following Saturday's long one. I might take a gentle walk anyway and give them something to gripe about, or maybe I'll stay home and see if the weather holds tomorrow.

Did you stretch? I always forget to stretch until the next day when my legs feel tight and by then it's kind of too late to get the full benefits LOL

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Did you stretch? I always forget to stretch until the next day when my legs feel tight and by then it's kind of too late to get the full benefits LOL

I've never really stretched after something like that. Usually I'll warm up and cool down by starting out more slowly and finishing up more slowly. It's not usually difficult to finish up more slowly, after a long walk :)

Usually if my legs are going to really ache it's the morning after. It's been a while since they took a day off and hit me on the second day.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I've never really stretched after something like that. Usually I'll warm up and cool down by starting out more slowly and finishing up more slowly. It's not usually difficult to finish up more slowly, after a long walk :)

Usually if my legs are going to really ache it's the morning after. It's been a while since they took a day off and hit me on the second day.

I find the more I workout that the more my legs ache but not in a horrible way. When I was cycling and riding about 100 miles a week my legs always needed stretching or they'd hurt when I was in bed at night.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I find the more I workout that the more my legs ache but not in a horrible way. When I was cycling and riding about 100 miles a week my legs always needed stretching or they'd hurt when I was in bed at night.

For me if my legs are going to give me trouble it's usually when I'm going downhill, down stairs or similar. Unless I've really pushed myself hard, in which case they just hate me with a passion. One day I joined an organised ride that was something like 75 miles with 7000 feet of climbing incorporated into it. Even the drive home from the finishing line was difficult because my legs kept cramping on me. I was glad I wasn't driving a stick shift! Another day I went to visit a friend and cycled there and back. It was about 35 miles each way, and we had our weekly house group at church that evening so I just cycled straight there. Part way through the evening both quads twitched on me, and then cramped up. The group was used to me in cycling gear but did seem a little surprised when I got down on my knees for no particular reason. At first I think some people thought it was something spiritual, but I said how I desperately needed to stretch my quads out.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Some really fun work this morning. Despite the warmth I got kitted out with long sleeves, long pants, rubber gloves and respirator to clean out some moldy insulation and water-damaged moldy ceiling. It really wasn't fun, I was uncomfortably warm and sweating profusely through most of the process, and had to take my eye protection off because it fogged up so badly I couldn't see what I was doing.

Thankfully there was far less mold than I was expecting. I'd gone in prepared to deal with lots of black mold all over my ceiling joists but it turned out to be mostly confined to the very lowest parts of the cellulose insulation. I'm not even 100% sure it was black mold - it could have been mildew - but I'd rather be safe and geared up to deal with something nasty. I pulled down maybe 20 square feet of damaged drywall, a load of cellulose, found a huge number of chewed nut shells among the cellulose (the mice seem to have loved my attic while it was being built), and filled my 5-gallon separator three times clearing up the bits that fell to the floor while I was trying to pull it down in a more controlled manner.

I also found out why it gets so cold in that room during the winter. There's an air gap under the bottom of the roof for ventilation, but there's no insulation between it and the room. So the cold air can get into the hollow concrete blocks, flow down the blocks, and then blow out through any one of the gaps that were in the mortar. There was also a space above the ceiling with no insulation, meaning the cold air had next to nothing to stop it getting above the ceiling and then seeping through any small gaps into the room. I need to figure the best way to put insulation in so that the walls can still breathe in the summer but not let freezing air through in the winter. The answer will involve lots of insulation panels, and probably some fiberglass across the top in the awkward spaces.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Even though it is Labor Day here I worked today. I got to see two clients and their parents. I got new running shoes yesterday so going to try them out tonight. Unfortunately, my gym is closed today as are some stores because of Labor Day

hotrhymez

Rhymeslayer
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Listening to the new TOOL album.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Trying to wake up. We had the windows open all night and now I'm sleepy still.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
got some test results back from doctor this morning. While it is an improvement, it is not as good as I hoped. I am headed in the right direction though

Fullmoon

Religious Affiliation
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Watching England vs Bulgaria, and keeping an eye on Speedway GP

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
i went to try and run but left hip pain still bothering me so cut it short

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Watching Beetlejuice

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Just got back from a local brewpub to celebrate a friend's birthday. They have a beer on tap that just hits all the right notes for me. Just about all of their beers are good, but this one is particularly good :)

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I got tired of looking at the pile of bags of rubble on my porch so took six of them to the landfill. Since these bags are taped closed I just put them in the back of my car rather than waiting to borrow my friend's truck. That turned out to be 400lb of trash taken away.

For good measure a local lady who took a load of laths away before for firewood came past and I asked if she needed any more laths. She said she'd take them, so I took the chance to pull a load more of them down from the walls and ceiling. Now the whole pile of them is gone - she took the lot.

I wasn't originally going to pull down the entire ceiling in the room I'm working on but figured I might as well, given how much work it's going to be overall. And I'm glad I did - I found a huge section with no insulation in the ceiling cavity at all. Essentially the cold winter air could blow in, down the inside of the exterior wall and through the wall cavities. What that means is that all I had to keep the winter air out of the room was a lath and plaster wall. It's no wonder that room got so cold - when I all but abandoned it to the cold last winter it went as low as 39 degrees in there. This year I'm wondering if I'll even notice it's winter - I'll have the tops of the walls insulated so the cold air can't just blow right down, the ceiling cavities properly insulated, the windows sealed and insulated. It should make a huge difference.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Really tired from doing outside work today. Going to bed early!

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Two clients rescheduled on me today so I had a rare evening free which I used to do the exciting task of mowing the lawn. I know, I am so much fun to be around.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Online shopping

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Waiting for the insurance company to call me back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom