... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Fair enough. I never really cared for decaf.

I've been looking at smart switches, thinking about a redesign of the wiring in the house before I get too far along with it.

Jason

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Nothing as of now, as i am in the process of closing my projects

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Waiting to hear back from my dad...my mom isn't doing so well.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
praying for her Lamm

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Start running cable for a new circuit but soon realised I don't have the right back boxes so it will be easier to get what I need and then run the cables. Of course my local hardware store doesn't sell what I need so it will need to be a trip to town. It can wait until next week, I don't feel like going out at the weekend.

So since that project was thwarted I took some find sandpaper to the patio table I've been making and started to stain it. It took a bit of doing but I managed to pry open a basement window that has been closed and barred for two years, which gave me the ventilation I needed to work in the basement. The other option would have been to carry the table out to the side porch, but I really didn't want to do that. Now the table is drying, so tomorrow I can flip it over and stain the parts of the underside that could do with being stained and then, once that is dry, I can put the polyurethane final coat on it. When that is dry it will be ready to go out on the porch and serve as our coffee table out there.

Hopefully I can get all the parts I need on Monday, and then I can press ahead with my wiring. This is going to be the kind of project phase where I start going through a lot of cable very quickly, I'll probably make sure I've got two rolls on hand so I don't get to a point where one thing has to stop because I need to measure something before I cut it off the only roll I have.

hotrhymez

Rhymeslayer
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
watching a baseball game thats being played in London.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I can't find what happened to my mineral spirits, which rather puts paid to my plan to put the polyurethane coating on my table. The only jar of it I can find is dark brown because I've used it to clean wood stain off brushes. I want a separate jar for clear finishes, so my brushes don't get contaminated. So it looks like things are waiting until Monday anyway now.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Getting ready to go to church in a while.

Jason

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Planning to play a game in steam, [MENTION=11]Lämmchen[/MENTION] Hope your mother is doing well

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
It has been very hot here today but mowed the front and side of the yard and will do the back tomorrow. It's just too hot the do the whole thing.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Had thought to hit 1500 floors this month on my Fitbit but got home from church and fell asleep in my recliner. I'm about 50 floors short at the moment. Had I had more energy I'd have gone for a walk in the woods and chalked up the floors I needed. This has been my best month ever for floors, and I may yet walk up and down the stairs a few times to get the last few in.

I managed to find my paint thinners and a spare paintbrush so I put a first coat of lacquer on the table I made. It's drying in the basement. It has been very humid lately and ventliation isn't great down there, so things take a lot longer to dry than is ideal. I've got a box fan in the window which helps, I just can't leave it there when we're out or sleeping because essentially what it means is that a ground-level window is secured by nothing more than a bug screen. I'm going to look at getting an exhaust fan and building a replacement "window" to go in the frame, so I can secure it in place and leave it running as long as I need to. I don't know that I'd leave it running when we're out, and I'd want a smoke detector right above it just in case anything happened with it, but at least it would mean we could run it overnight and help with ventilation when I've got stain or lacquer to dry out.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
my sleep apnea has been acting up lately so I called my doctor to try and get him to adjust my machine. I just got my diabetes under better control and now this happens

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Glad your diabetes is under control

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Flipped my patio table back onto its feet so I could lacquer the upper sides of it. The fan in the basement window really helps with the fumes but I think I'm going to need something a little meatier. So I guess it's back to the hardware store to see what they can offer me. Thankfully there's a power socket I can use very near the window. I'm already going to have to run more cables around that room in the basement so I can power my saws without needing a heavy duty extension cord coiled across the floor.

I also want to consider using a different space in the basement for staining and lacquering. The space I have works, and has a convenient window I can put a fan in, but is also the space where I keep my saws. Once I've got stain or lacquer drying I don't want to be throwing sawdust around because I can't have it getting stuck on the lacquer. So essentially when I've got a piece in the finishing stage I have to leave the saws alone while it dries. It would be nice to have a different space I can leave things to dry. I just need to figure out a suitable space, and of course it has to be a space where I can put a decent size exhaust fan in to pump out the air. Maybe what I'll do is put one fan in the window I'm currently using to pump air in, and an exhaust fan in a nearby window to pump it out again. That means I can have air flowing in, through and out rather than simply trying to pump air out. I'll probably want to insulate the ceiling in the basement so I can work in the summer without having my air conditioner cool the air only for my exhaust fan to pump it outside.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Leaving in an hour to pick up my daughter from the airport. She's been gone a week.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Feeling a distinct lack of mojo to break any more of my house today so busied myself with a job that didn't technically need to be done but the OCD purist in me wanted done. Without even doing too much damage to the floor, I managed to rip out another 20-30-odd feet of nasty old armored cable. It's now coiled up in the box with all the other dead cable.

In the process I needed to take a few laths out earlier than I'd originally planned, which meant I got to see just what a shoddy job whoever put the second bathroom in did. Copper pipes tucked right under the floor, ideally placed for a passing jigsaw blade or drill to take them out. Not that I'm surprised, but it looks like I'm going to have to lift the entire floor in that room to fix the plumbing and do it properly. While I'm there I'll replace it with PEX, it seems like I might as well. I can also do a much nicer job of routing it from the basement to the bathroom, at present it pops up through the floor in the room below, makes a few really ugly bends, and then disappears through the ceiling.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Finished eating breakfast and wondering what the family should do today.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I ran a 5k this morning and did okay, though I haven't trained much in the last month and a half. And I'm going to see a client at noon today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom