kiwimac

Religious Affiliation
Utrecht
Political Affiliation
Liberal
Marital Status
Married
nope ..that is simply sin passed on

I doubt that could be statistically proven over multiple generations even if every single person on the planet was polled and answered honestly.

But even if it could, no statistical regular occurrence of anything necessarily makes it "God's scheme". What's the violent crime rate every year? Murder rate? Rape? Theft? Deaths in war? Abortions (legal or not)? Suicides?

The statistics are quite clear and are easily found by those who look. Homosexuality is no more inherently sinful than heterosexuality. Comparing a person's sexual orientation with violent crime / rape/ murder is not a good idea, they are quite different things.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
So what are Christian teachers to do?

The best they can. The problem is not the teachers (they are instruments), the problem probably isn't even Board of Education.... the problem lies with liberal law makers and liberal judges who force their new fangled "morality" and "philosophy" on others. Parents, teachers and most of all children are the victims here, not the villians.

What can be done about it? Complain (rather than voluntarily surrender)..... Vote for social conservatives..... and above all, TEACH your own children, don't let the liberals succeed in telling parents they are stupid, old-fashioned, hateful, intolerant and inept and ergo they - the liberal politians and judges - need to teach the children in stead of you stupid, intolerant parents.

That's my opinion.....

Pax

- Josiah

Last edited:

Alithis

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
The statistics are quite clear and are easily found by those who look. Homosexuality is no more inherently sinful than heterosexuality. Comparing a person's sexual orientation with violent crime / rape/ murder is not a good idea, they are quite different things.

by that reasoning neither is pedephilia -But we do not twist things to oppose the truth of the lord JESUS -all flesh is of flesh and is sinful . ( im not focusing on a single aspect of sinful flesh - there is a reason NO flesh can inherit the kingdom of God -it is sinful through and through . )

Last edited:

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
by that reasoning nither is pedephilia - we do not twist things to oppose the truth of the lord JESUS -all flesh is of flesh and is sinful . ( im not focusing on a single aspect of sinful flesh - there is a reason NO felach can inherit the kingdom of God -it is sinful through and through . )
Exactly definiyely why I will never be PC, I will take Gopds truth oover mans any day

Stravinsk

Composer and Artist on Flat Earth
Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
The statistics are quite clear and are easily found by those who look.

Whatever statistics you are looking at might be quite clear. That doesn't mean they're either reliable or truly representative of the world population.

Homosexuality is no more inherently sinful than heterosexuality.

I wasn't making an argument from a biblical perspective, but even if I was, this conclusion does not follow because one can site some statistics.

Comparing a person's sexual orientation with violent crime / rape/ murder is not a good idea, they are quite different things.

I also compared it with Suicide, theft, deaths at war and abortion. Not because they are *alike*, but because the use of statistical data (even if it were truly accurate and representative of the world population) showing occurrence of something over generations doesn't logically mean it is part of some grand scheme by the Creator.

But surely I don't need to point out the obvious? Apparently so.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
or more importantly representative of God

Alithis

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
everything of "flesh" is inherently sinful .

Brighten04

Religious Affiliation
Protestant
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Well I think kids already know about marriage and it does not need to be on the school curriculum.

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes

One issue worth considering is just what we mean when we say "homosexuality".

If we're talking about desires for members of the same sex then I don't see that as being any more sinful than me, as a heterosexual man, having desires for women other than my wife. What matters is what we do with those desires.

If we're talking about a physical homosexual relationship then it takes a more detailed Scriptural study to determine whether it is sinful or not. Statements like "it's not sinful" with nothing to back it add no more to a discussion than the people who quote selected verses from Leviticus while ignoring most of the rest of Leviticus.

My current understanding, based on the OT and NT (especially Romans 1) is that a physical homosexual relationship is sinful (although as with other things I'm open to anyone who wants to present a coherent Scriptural case that I'm wrong). That said the fact that something is sinful doesn't mean children shouldn't be taught about it in schools. It would be a sad state indeed if we were to try and censor discussion just because we found the subject matter distasteful, even abhorrent. Ultimately it comes back to the notion that a publicly funded education system needs to cater for the requirements of the public, regardless of whether they share our particular faith.

There's certainly an inconsistency in play, as Josiah posted further back, where some people get to express their opinions under the guise of "tolerance" but dissenting opinions are not tolerated by the very people who preach tolerance. But the way to address that is to tolerate all opinions, not flip which opinion is allowed to be expressed.

JRT

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
No
I am a retired scientist, mathematician and educator. The last 30 years was spent teaching public high school in Canada. I have no idea what is meant by "teaching homosexual marriage". Whatever applies to heterosexual marriage also applies to homosexual marriage. Both should be a lifelong, exclusive, committed relationship between two loving people. Oh, I am a Christian.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
as to the question my answer is absolutely not

Rens

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
In Relationship
I just learned today that teachers in Broward County Florida public schools have been instructed that they all have to start teaching homosexual marriage to students K-12 effective immediately . I have never known public schools to be responsible for teaching about any kind of marriage. Should this be done? What about religious rights? I think they may be opening themselves to major law suits with this. What say you?

Oh they do that here in elementary school. My 10 year old gets sex lessons from his lesbian teacher, oh well. He said: mom, this is nuts, we get sex lessons in school and here in Holland it's all totally normal, so they get taught that too. I remember when I was young I had a lesbian teacher who got a present from us when she decided to live together with her lesbian friend. We had no idea. They said: yeah well, they're just friends and it's so lonely to live alone, so they live together.

Top Bottom