Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Someone on my local Facebook group complained with a lot of cursing how he didn't want people trying to tell him about Jesus in the Walmart parking lot. I don't know why an unbeliever would get so upset about something he doesn't believe in? Most people who replied in the group told him he could have just said, "I'm not interested" and walk away.

The best comment was, "I can see why the Lord lead that person to you." 😇

Messy

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
I hate it when someone tries to sell you stuff, especially since with a Newspaper seller I stayed friendly and said I was not interested and he went on and on and then got mad that I didn't want to pay monthly. Since then I act like I'm deaf and ignore them. Once I had to go up the stairs at the train station. 1 stairs. One way to go up and a bunch of those ppl stood straight before it. So irritating. So I stared straight ahead, put em on ignore and up I go. Hi Renske! My then MIL. It was our church group. I should wear glasses.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I hate it when someone tries to sell you stuff, especially since with a Newspaper seller I stayed friendly and said I was not interested and he went on and on and then got mad that I didn't want to pay monthly. Since then I act like I'm deaf and ignore them. Once I had to go up the stairs at the train station. 1 stairs. One way to go up and a bunch of those ppl stood straight before it. So irritating. So I stared straight ahead, put em on ignore and up I go. Hi Renske! My then MIL. It was our church group. I should wear glasses.

In my former town, it was as if everyone knew who I was, so I couldn't hide anywhere.

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Someone on my local Facebook group complained with a lot of cursing how he didn't want people trying to tell him about Jesus in the Walmart parking lot. I don't know why an unbeliever would get so upset about something he doesn't believe in? Most people who replied in the group told him he could have just said, "I'm not interested" and walk away.
The setting makes a lot of difference when it comes to this kind of activity.

If the volunteer is handing out literature or trying to strike up a conversation at a fair or civic event where there also are political candidates, home repair businesses, and charities, etc. all seeking contacts, well, the target person knows that this is normal and he's put himself into the situation by his own choice.

But if he's on his way to his job or to a doctor's appointment or the grocery store and it's during the work week, common sense should tell the volunteer that it's not a good time and place for his project...if he wants a polite reception.

Top Bottom