Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
You have to experience to believe and understand it. He is as real as the day He came to visit with Joshua, Moses, Abraham, etc.
Thank you, yes He is real and He speaks

Hammster

Religious Affiliation
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Yes that is the Logos, but what about the Rhema, how can God direct you in a situation if He doesnt speak? God doesnt change so He still speaks today

He does speak. IN HIS WORD.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
And ths why you dont hear Him and get the answers you so desperately want. You dont believe God speaks so there fore He wont with you as He will not force Himself on you. As I said in the other thread, if you wont seek God then this is over as you and I have nothing to discuss. I pray that you do hear God and believe

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Can you point to a current day example of God speaking, one that is verifiable and not wholly dependent on the inner voices some chap or some lady "heard"?

Hammster

Religious Affiliation
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
And ths why you dont hear Him and get the answers you so desperately want. You dont believe God speaks so there fore He wont with you as He will not force Himself on you. As I said in the other thread, if you wont seek God then this is over as you and I have nothing to discuss. I pray that you do hear God and believe

http://www.challies.com/articles/god-actually-spoke-to-me

This is how God speaks. Read and learn. And repent.

visionary

Religious Affiliation
Messianic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
:tantrum: Imagine a world where God does not personally speak to you. Yet He promised... Rev 3:20

Last edited:

visionary

Religious Affiliation
Messianic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married

You know that that is an excellent place to start. I am with this article in so many ways. When God opens up His Word to speak to your heart. The Words lift off the page and enter into your heart in a personal way that is not the course of the written. It transcends the historical or prophetic position and gets real in your own life and world around you. But there is more to this.

Rev 3:20 is a promise of a one on one "face to face" conversation. The thing with this is that you have to repent of all your sins, and ask God to reveal even more. The secret sins, the sins long forgotten, the little sins, the favorite sins, are all brought forward. Even sins you didn't know were sins. God will reveal to you the sins that keep you from His Presence. If you keep accepting the depth of sins you need to repent of, the breath of sins and how the roots and branches have affected not only you, your family, and friends but untold multitude, then you really begin to realize the size of the schism between you and God. You also begin to realize how sin is seen in His Presence. He can not come to visit with you because you could not live in His Presence in your current state. Solution... Once God has revealed to you just how unworthy you are, and how much you need to repent of just to visit with Him, He will forgive you through the blood of Yeshua. He will lay upon your shoulders His robe of righteousness so that you may stand before Him. He will then clock Himself in His clearness. But even with all that, You will be overwhelmed with His Holy Presence.

You will be like Isaiah crying out "woe is me". You will be blown away in spirit and trembling in awe. He will lay His hand upon you, and you will be washed and made clean. You can then talk with Him. One of the most fascinating things is that everything He says is back up by scripture. Scripture comes alive and the Words of God are flowing like many waters of truth and grace. At this time, you can ask all the questions your heart desire to know, and He will answer even if it is a yea or nah, even if He has to take you in vision so that you can see it. Time will have no relevance when in His Presence.

God is real, get real with God. I spent over six months with no other thought on my mind but finding out what it takes to be in His Presence, what it is like, and what can I expect. This bible study on this subject was bathed in prayers for His guidance and leading. I wanted Him. I wasn't interested in doctrines, theology, or someone's opinion. I wanted to "know" Him just like the people in the bible got to know Him. Every person in the Bible that met with Him, I looked for what they saw, they experienced, they felt, and what they heard. I wanted to "know" this God of the Bible so that I knew it was Him.

One of the most powerful things is His "Holy" Presence. There is non "Holy" in the real sense of the word. People may put it on doors, bibles, altars, etc... but that doesn't make it truly "Holy". "Holy" is the very essence of Him. It emanates from Him. You can only come so close but no closer.

Even in Heaven, there is only one who is able to come into His Holy Presence and see Him face to face. That is Yeshua. He is the flesh of God. Have you ever wondered why many will be crying out to the rock, fall on us, hid us from His Presence. It is because of His "Holy" Presence.

There is nothing on earth that can truly do it justice in trying to describe "Holy". You have to experience it in order to even begin to truly understand. If we do not choose to come to Him now, there is no way we will be able to face Him when He comes in all His glory. Those who have the foretaste know what to prepare for. The rest will be overwhelmed.

Sin hangs off you like snot in His Presence. It melts and if He comes in all His glory it will consume you. Not because He wanted that to happen, but because that is what happens to sin and sinner in His glorious full blast, "Holy" Presence at the second coming.

Hammster

Religious Affiliation
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
It amuses me when people say they aren't interested in doctrine and then proceed to teach as if the doctrine before then was pointless and are the ones who figured it out.

visionary

Religious Affiliation
Messianic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married

You know that that is an excellent place to start. I am with this article in so many ways. When God opens up His Word to speak to your heart. The Words lift off the page and enter into your heart in a personal way that is not the course of the written. It transcends the historical or prophetic position and gets real in your own life and world around you. But there is more to this.

Rev 3:20 is a promise of a one on one "face to face" conversation. The thing with this is that you have to repent of all your sins, and ask God to reveal even more. The secret sins, the sins long forgotten, the little sins, the favorite sins, are all brought forward. Even sins you didn't know were sins. God will reveal to you the sins that keep you from His Presence. If you keep accepting the depth of sins you need to repent of, the breath of sins and how the roots and branches have affected not only you, your family, and friends but untold multitude, then you really begin to realize the size of the schism between you and God. You also begin to realize how sin is seen in His Presence. He can not come to visit with you because you could not live in His Presence in your current state. Solution... Once God has revealed to you just how unworthy you are, and how much you need to repent of just to visit with Him, He will forgive you through the blood of Yeshua. He will lay upon your shoulders His robe of righteousness so that you may stand before Him. He will then clock Himself in His clearness. But even with all that, You will be overwhelmed with His Holy Presence.

You will be like Isaiah crying out "woe is me". You will be blown away in spirit and trembling in awe. He will lay His hand upon you, and you will be washed and made clean. You can then talk with Him. One of the most fascinating things is that everything He says is back up by scripture. Scripture comes alive and the Words of God are flowing like many waters of truth and grace. At this time, you can ask all the questions your heart desire to know, and He will answer even if it is a yea or nah, even if He has to take you in vision so that you can see it. Time will have no relevance when in His Presence.

God is real, get real with God. I spent over six months with no other thought on my mind but finding out what it takes to be in His Presence, what it is like, and what can I expect. This bible study on this subject was bathed in prayers for His guidance and leading. I wanted Him. I wasn't interested in doctrines, theology, or someone's opinion. I wanted to "know" Him just like the people in the bible got to know Him. Every person in the Bible that met with Him, I looked for what they saw, they experienced, they felt, and what they heard. I wanted to "know" this God of the Bible so that I knew it was Him.

One of the most powerful things is His "Holy" Presence. There is non "Holy" in the real sense of the word. People may put it on doors, bibles, altars, etc... but that doesn't make it truly "Holy". "Holy" is the very essence of Him. It emanates from Him. You can only come so close but no closer.

Even in Heaven, there is only one who is able to come into His Holy Presence and see Him face to face. That is Yeshua. He is the flesh of God. Have you ever wondered why many will be crying out to the rock, fall on us, hid us from His Presence. It is because of His "Holy" Presence.

There is nothing on earth that can truly do it justice in trying to describe "Holy". You have to experience it in order to even begin to truly understand. If we do not choose to come to Him now, there is no way we will be able to face Him when He comes in all His glory. Those who have the foretaste know what to prepare for. The rest will be overwhelmed.

Sin hangs off you like snot in His Presence. It melts and if He comes in all His glory it will consume you. Not because He wanted that to happen, but because that is what happens to sin and sinner in His glorious full blast, "Holy" Presence at the second coming.

visionary

Religious Affiliation
Messianic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
It amuses me when people say they aren't interested in doctrine and then proceed to teach as if the doctrine before then was pointless and are the ones who figured it out.
For the purpose of my heart, the purpose of my study, it had nothing to do with learning a doctrine, it had to do with the reality of really meeting Him.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married

Truth

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

All of the above absolutely denies Jesus' work on the cross to the Christian. Our sins are forgiven. Every single one of them. Even future ones. That's the Gospel message.

God uses His Law to convict us and then gives us the gift of Repentance to turn to Him, He gives us the gift of Faith so that we may believe and have eternal life. That's the truth that Jesus wants us to share.

To the non-Christian of course we tell them that their sin keeps them from God.

visionary

Religious Affiliation
Messianic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
All of the above absolutely denies Jesus' work on the cross to the Christian. Our sins are forgiven. Every single one of them. Even future ones. That's the Gospel message.

God uses His Law to convict us and then gives us the gift of Repentance to turn to Him, He gives us the gift of Faith so that we may believe and have eternal life. That's the truth that Jesus wants us to share.

To the non-Christian of course we tell them that their sin keeps them from God.
You have got to be kidding me. This is what it is all about, the covnviction, the repentence, the salvation offer through Yeshua who died on the cross to make this all possible. Yeshua is God in the flesh,.. and if it would help replace the word "God" with "Jesus" so that you recognize who I am talking about.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
You have got to be kidding me. This is what it is all about, the covnviction, the repentence, the salvation offer through Yeshua, and the faith.

Yes, conviction, repentance and salvation is how God works...but the way you worded it was that the cross didn't complete what Jesus said it did. Were all your sins forgiven at the cross? I say Yes. That's the Gospel. You were suggesting that some sins weren't forgiven yet, or did I misread?

visionary

Religious Affiliation
Messianic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes, conviction, repentance and salvation is how God works...but the way you worded it was that the cross didn't complete what Jesus said it did. Were all your sins forgiven at the cross? I say Yes. That's the Gospel. You were suggesting that some sins weren't forgiven yet, or did I misread?
Are sins forgiven because of what Yeshua did at the cross... Absolutely... Does everyone take advantage of this offer? NO.... Until the person is convicted, repents, salvation has no meaning. Without the party of the second part accepting the party of the first parts offer of a covenant relationship, there is not one.

TurtleHare

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I could be wrong but I think that you just said God can't save us without us doing our part? I am pretty sure a parent can save a child without that child's permission and that is the relationship we have with him in that he is our father who saves us. I am glad I did not have to do anything to receive the salvation.

visionary

Religious Affiliation
Messianic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
God is a gentleman, and will not go against your will. If you will not, then He won't.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
I am a little confused now ... what were the problems with the reformation again?

:confused:

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I am a little confused now ... what were the problems with the reformation again?

:confused:

As a Catholic what problems do you see with the Reformation and how it changed your church?

Top Bottom