Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
With the rosary and most Catholic liturgical prayers from the Divine Office Catholics (me included) open with the sign of the cross and its accompanying prayer In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen. Then follows the prayer we intend to pray, be it spontaneous or liturgical, and when we pray liturgically, we read from and say some psalms and passages from the prophets and the gospels.

How do you pray?

Last edited:

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I pray in different ways.

I pray with my church as we go through the liturgy and prayers within the service.

I pray when I'm not at church and those are all different kinds, be it for family, friends, or the ambulance I hear driving down the road. Then there are times I pray without words, just offering my emotions for God to know, because He does know.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

I pray with my church as we go through the liturgy and prayers within the service.

I pray when I'm not at church and those are all different kinds, be it for family, friends, or the ambulance I hear driving down the road. Then there are times I pray without words, just offering my emotions for God to know, because He does know.

Ditto.

It just depends on the context, the situation.

Messy3

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
With the rosary and most Catholic liturgical prayers from the Divine Office Catholics (me included) open with the sign of the cross and its accompanying prayer In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen. Then follows the prayer we intend to pray, be it spontaneous or liturgical, and when we pray liturgically, we read from and say some psalms and passages from the prophets and the gospels.

How do you pray?
Mostly not out loud and most of the prayers are save so and so and everyone and heal so and so and so and so and when I pray out loud same but also I bind those demons of sickness and tell em to move it. We had lists in church of Bible texts you could pray. I used to lead the intercession often in church and that was just pick a topic from the list, mostly souls. I didn't care much about the other topics. And then pray those points out loud and texts and for the rest pray in tongues, because we don't know what to pray, but not only tongues. Both. Still do it like that when I pray with my mom or alone. For instance open their eyes, ears, send christians on their path to tell them the Gospel, forgive their sins. Stuff like that.
And in the Name of Jesus.

Odë:hgöd

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
~
Heb 4:14-16 . .Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has gone through
the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess. For we
do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we
have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are-- yet was without sin.
Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive
mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.

The Greek word translated "confidence" basically means all out-spokenness, i.e.
frank, blunt, and/or candid. In other words: courageously.

For example when I was a little boy, the old standby "Now I lay me down to sleep"
became my favorite bedtime mantra. Well that was okay for an immature child who
knows no better. But I don't associate with God like that now because it's neither
outspoken, nor frank, nor blunt, nor candid. In point of fact; children's prayers like
my bedtime mantra are just rote, and really little different than reciting the beads
of a rosary and/or chanting the lines of a siddur while rocking back and forth like a
bobble toy in front of the Wailing Wall.

Take the Bible's luminaries for example. Their one-on-one prayers with God were
typically conversational and to the point. So then:

Phil 4:6-7 . . Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and
petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God,
which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ
Jesus.

C.S. Lewis, famed author of The Screwtape Letters, and The Chronicles of Narnia;
once remarked that he prayed, not because he expected results but, because it
made him feel better. Well, if spilling their guts to God brings people peace of mind,
then more power to them because that passage from Philippians says it's supposed
to.
_

Last edited:

believer07

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Same here. I pray in different ways at different times.

Top Bottom