Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Who has played the new game Pokemon Go? Google it if you haven't heard of it. :)

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Not my thing

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Who has played the new game Pokemon Go? Google it if you haven't heard of it. :)

I first heard of it from a gas station employee. I'd walked near his gas station taking my phone in and out of my pocket because a friend was texting me and he asked if I was playing the game. It seems like a good way to get into trouble to me.

Rens

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
In Relationship
I once heard that pokemon was occult. My kids can't have those things. Dunno, I thought Winnie the Pooh was occult first too. A talking bear, that must be a demon, so don't take me too serious. I heard it years ago though that those kids in China got all nuts from that pokemon thing.
http://www.christiananswers.net/spotlight/games/2000/pokemon.html
Hmm better go buy bunnies and teach 'em how to attack the carrots, it's more safe I think.
Lol my ex was once upstairs hiding from me, secretly watching Gulliver's travels, because according to me everything on tv was occult. He said: This is insane! I feel like a 5 year old with my mom again! Okay, that went a bit too far maybe lol.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Did you hear about the kids that used it to pull a robbery?

Krissy Cakes

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Yes

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Did you hear about the kids that used it to pull a robbery?

It seems like an obvious way to lure kids into all sorts of danger.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Actually it was teens with a gun that robbed adults

MS140ukn

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
i dont care for pokemon. but did you read that article where the app allowed users to scrounge around at arlington cemetary? thats so wrong.

TubbyTubby

Religious Affiliation
Atheist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I first heard of it from a gas station employee. I'd walked near his gas station taking my phone in and out of my pocket because a friend was texting me and he asked if I was playing the game. It seems like a good way to get into trouble to me.

Seems like a contradiction in terms to me. How is taking your phone in and out of your pocket to text a friend less of a risk than taking your phone in and out of your pocket to play a game?

TubbyTubby

Religious Affiliation
Atheist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I once heard that pokemon was occult. My kids can't have those things. Dunno, I thought Winnie the Pooh was occult first too. A talking bear, that must be a demon, so don't take me too serious. I heard it years ago though that those kids in China got all nuts from that pokemon thing.
http://www.christiananswers.net/spotlight/games/2000/pokemon.html
Hmm better go buy bunnies and teach 'em how to attack the carrots, it's more safe I think.
Lol my ex was once upstairs hiding from me, secretly watching Gulliver's travels, because according to me everything on tv was occult. He said: This is insane! I feel like a 5 year old with my mom again! Okay, that went a bit too far maybe lol.
I'm struggling to see what your point is Messy?

Rens

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
In Relationship
I'm struggling to see what your point is Messy?

I admit that I can go too far with my concerns, but I don't think it's kosher when I read that.

CONCERN #2
Life in the Pokémon world is one of continuous fighting. Children are encouraged to train cute little animals to bite and scratch their friends' cute little animals. If the purpose of the game were to collect cute little puppies and train them to fight other cute little puppies, there would be a huge public outcry. Since the Pokémon are imaginary animals, it seems to be more acceptable. We are concerned about a game that puts children into a world of constant belligerence and aggression, turning cute characters into little monsters.

As the characters evolve into larger and fiercer beasts, they develop such powers and weapons as cannons built into their bodies, spraying poison and toxic gas, electrocution, and even eating your dreams.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
We had dinner in a college town and people were milling around laughing in groups trying to capture Pokemon characters! It was actually fun watching them.

Alithis

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
it trained children in the principles of evolution and occult practices . very common for so called games inspired by the spirit of this world in the persuit of profit $$
the makers did it for profit and in so doing encouraged children into more worldliness . this is but a resurgence of it -again, for profit and again it will do the same thing . it is a distraction from Godliness in every aspect of it .

Alithis

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I admit that I can go too far with my concerns, but I don't think it's kosher when I read that.

CONCERN #2
Life in the Pokémon world is one of continuous fighting. Children are encouraged to train cute little animals to bite and scratch their friends' cute little animals. If the purpose of the game were to collect cute little puppies and train them to fight other cute little puppies, there would be a huge public outcry. Since the Pokémon are imaginary animals, it seems to be more acceptable. We are concerned about a game that puts children into a world of constant belligerence and aggression, turning cute characters into little monsters.

As the characters evolve into larger and fiercer beasts, they develop such powers and weapons as cannons built into their bodies, spraying poison and toxic gas, electrocution, and even eating your dreams.

yup .. as the game developed the names of the creatures(pocket monsters) changed to snake , poison ,strangle and other terms perpetuating violence .. and it became apparent in child behaviour ...

people still seem to think there is some harmless neutral zone between the kingdom of god and the kingdom of this world . there is NOT . if it does not glorify the lord Jesus ..it is NOT of the spirit of chrsit .. and if it is not of the spirit of Chrsit .. it is of the spirit of antichrist .. there is no 3rd party neutral zone involved .

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Seems like a contradiction in terms to me. How is taking your phone in and out of your pocket to text a friend less of a risk than taking your phone in and out of your pocket to play a game?

It depends on your level of involvement with your surroundings. Re-reading my post I did make a bit of a concept jump between the two, which didn't help to make the point I intended to make...

The getting into trouble idea comes from the idea that you can text or not text based on requirements but a game that has rare characters and powerups is the kind of thing that will encourage people to do all sorts of stupid stuff, playing while driving, someone already mentioned snooping around cemeteries looking for creatures, I've seen a few posts on Faceache where police departments have asked people not to just go snooping around in the dark looking for them, and so on. Generally people don't duck behind a police station in the dark and hide in the bushes to send a text message.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Cell phones can be dangerous to the user and to others and I see way to much of behavior that is wrong. I see people talking on cell phones driving, I see people walking and texting not having any idea that I am around or that any other obstacles are either

Rens

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
In Relationship

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian