Peter Jackson's The Beatles: Get Back Docuseries

Sgt. Pepper

Religious Affiliation
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
As a lifelong true-blue fan of The Beatles, it is a pleasure, and honor, for me to post this thread. If there's one thing I like talking about the most, it's The Beatles, and this thread gives me another chance to express more admiration for my favorite band.

In case you live under a rock (or you're not a Beatles' fan for some odd reason), Peter Jackson's 'The Beatles: Get Back' three-part documentary will air on Disney+ for three consecutive nights, November 25-27th. The monthly subscription is reasonable, IMO.

Vanity Fair gives you one free read.

The Beatles: Get Back—An Exclusive Deep Dive Into Peter Jackson’s Revelatory New Movie

If the paywall gets on your nerves, then you can read this article instead: Disney+ Screens Exclusive 100-Minute Preview of Peter Jackson’s Original Docuseries The Beatles: Get Back in London or you can be completely independent and search Google yourself.

The Beatles' Facebook page posted photos of the London premiere last night. Paul was there with his daughter, Mary. Ringo was not there, but his children (Zak, Jason, and Lee) were present. There will be an upcoming New York premiere, and it's rumored that Julian Lennon will be present. It would have been nice if Paul and Ringo had been together at the premiere, but it didn't happen.

Ah yes, I almost forgot... the trailer to The Beatles: Get Back.

And for good measure, here's the 60 Minutes segment on the three-part documentary.

Now for a little more admiration... quoting another fan on The Beatles' Facebook page.

"Just to be clear, The Beatles weren't just the most influential band in music history. They were the Definitive epicenter of directional change in musical history. They were and are and always will be the greatest Rock Group of all time!!"

Honestly, I don't think my thread would be complete without posting this song.

☮ and ❤
Sgt. Pepper

Sgt. Pepper

Religious Affiliation
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Stella McCartney, with Julian and Sean Lennon, last night in Los Angeles for a private screening of The Beatles: Get Back.

Stella Insta.jpg

Sgt. Pepper

Religious Affiliation
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Yes
The Brothers Lennon posed together for photos last night in Los Angeles.

Lennon Brothers.jpg

ImaginaryDay2

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Yes
Great to see Julian and Sean together.
It's sad to see that Disney promoted the series as some smiling, feel-good thing when Beatles fans know this wasn't the fact of it. I recall watching a bit of film that was released a number of years ago that was drawn from the same tapes as this production. They weren't happy, clearly. But it's interesting seeing the songs coming slowly together and their real struggles to realize them.
And kudos for a realistic view of that meddling (tongue-in-cheek) Yoko who is seen meekly sitting quietly beside John. She was clearly a trouble-maker...

Sgt. Pepper

Religious Affiliation
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I've seen Let It Be, too. Admittedly, I became emotional while I watched the three episodes of The Beatles: Get Back. I didn't think I could admire and respect The Beatles more than I already do, but I was mistaken. I have a much deeper respect for them now after watching this docuseries.

As far as Yoko Ono is concerned, she's pretty well despised among the Beatles' fans I've encountered online on social media (especially on Facebook). But after watching this docuseries, I no longer believe that she was the one who broke up The Beatles. I now know that The Beatles themselves broke up The Beatles. You see, Ringo left the band first, then the other three convinced him to come back. George left the band next during the recording seesions of Let It Be, then the other three convinced him to come back. And then finally, John told the other three that he was leaving the group, and that was it. Paul confirmed that it was John who finally disbanded The Beatles. It wasn't entirely Yoko's fault. She may have contributed to him wanting to leave the group, but he made the decision on his own. I know she's been blamed for breaking up The Beatles. She's been hated for years.

I honestly believe that John, Paul, George, and Ringo simply outgrew each other, and they needed to split up. It couldn't go on forever.

The Beatles ‘Get Back’ series dispels and confirms a few myths about The Fab Four

Beatles Fans Think ‘Get Back’ Dispels The Idea That Yoko Ono Broke The Band Up And Peter Jackson Agrees

ImaginaryDay2

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Yes
Just finished watching the third episode last night. Man, what a great series. The rooftop concert was almost edited so as to show how clueless the police were. I was laughing so hard! But the concert itself, how amazing.

As for Yoko - she has an art, and the couple of "freak out" sessions in the film really shed light on her ability (at times) to create something unique. I'd seen something similar when John and Yoko were invited onstage with Frank Zappa in the 70's and it was just amazing. It ended with everyone leaving the stage except John who seemed lost in a feedback loop from the amp. Really incredible.

Top Bottom