... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Who is "we"? Are you trying to generalize now? smh...

Depending on what you mean by "generalize" and "now", I was referring to the royal "we" which means "everyone except me does the work while I take the credit". Depending on just what is meant by "credit", of course....

ImaginaryDay2

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Yes
Depending on what you mean by "generalize" and "now", I was referring to the royal "we" which means "everyone except me does the work while I take the credit". Depending on just what is meant by "credit", of course....

Ah, much like the "let Us make man in Our image" is not proof for the Trinity. Gotcha! Sorry for derailing the whole thing, which someone will now point out as a pet-peeve.

MarkFL

La Villa Strangiato
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Atheist
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
In Relationship
Another type of post I find annoying, and yet humorous at the same time, is something like:

New user with all of 3 posts under their belt: Hello! I help moderate Billy Bob's blog about bathtub breweries, so naturally you'll want to make me a moderator here. :bike:

ImaginaryDay2

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Yes
Another type of post I find annoying, and yet humorous at the same time, is something like:

New user with all of 3 posts under their belt: Hello! I help moderate Billy Bob's blog about bathtub breweries, so naturally you'll want to make me a moderator here. :bike:

You should give them what they're asking for and throw them in the deep end. "Here's some reports for ya! Go at it!"

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes

What's really funny is that such a person would make those three posts before offering their services as a moderator :)

MarkFL

La Villa Strangiato
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Atheist
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
In Relationship
What's really funny is that such a person would make those three posts before offering their services as a moderator :)

I guess they don't want to appear to be too eager...gotta be cool.

jeff-spicoli-fast-times-at-ridgemont-high-_142176-fli_1375803631-650-80.jpg

MarkFL

La Villa Strangiato
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Atheist
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
In Relationship
More misuses of the language...

"I would of helped out, except I feel I am being taken for granite." :rofl3:

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Yes
I must be a grammar Natzi!! LOL:rofl3: but I think people should take some time, like a minute, to check their grammar after posting. I do it but not always so you will probably find some errors in my grammmmmmar!:rofl3:

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Yes
More misuses of the language...

"I would of helped out, except I feel I am being taken for granite." :rofl3:

Yeah, sometimes you can get a good laugh out of some posts!!

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married

Stravinsk

Composer and Artist on Flat Earth
Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
There are some things that really bother me about what others post. Do you have any pet peeves about that?

I'll start, the first thing that bothers me about people's posts is when they never spell check their messages. In my opinion they look stupid when they constantly misspell words and don't correct them!!!:smash:

I guess I need to pray for more tolerance!!:roll:

Hmm. I can handle spelling mistakes, caps etc. The things that bother me the most about content of posts is what it reveals about the person or persons behind them. Grandstanding, white-knighting, bearing false witness (this includes the misuse of words in accusations, exaggerations and suppositions), playing favorites, using groups to gang up on individuals - all things that happen in life and within internet mediums. I've been a target and I'm certainly not the only one, as I've watched others get singled out and harassed through selective reporting and trolling by others.

Blatant Hypocrisy is another pet peeve. When I say blatant - I don't mean by time lapse - as in one makes an accusation then later is guilty of the same thing, or is guilty of the same thing a long time ago. I mean blatant as in - they make an accusation while they are doing the same thing at, or nearly at - the same time.

Anywhoo....there was a lot more here...but for now I've just decided this is good enough. I'm sure some people are googling the alternates I admitted to in my introductory post. Hope they bring you a good laugh, especially Bindilar and Brundlefly, lol.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
All good points. Internet bullying is huge!! When people sense that they have a bit of power, it corrupts them and they feel they can say whatever they want whether it's true or not. That's the internet and you can't believe everything you read, yet people DO!

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Unfortunately true

TurtleHare

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I can't stand when people whine just to get attention and cry about every little thing that bothers them in hopes that they will get a bunch of pity posts. I think it is fine to post and want support so this isn't what I am talking about and I hope you all know what I mean or maybe even are annoyed too.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I wouldn't call them "peeves" but....

1. People who pretend to ask a question - when clearly they aren't asking a question but trying to make a point.

2. Posts that don't indicate what they are addressing. The "you" when we don't know who "you" is. "That's crazy!" when we don't know WHAT is crazy, WHAT statement they are replying to.

3. Threads that begin with a valid and perhaps important point.... that some twist into personal chat (of ZERO consequence and importance). If we have nothing to say TO THE POINT, then.... say nothing. If we want to chat about something, go to a chat thread?

4. It happens little at CH, but at some sites, peeps cant seem to rite hole sentences and sim to not no how to spel a thing and seem to hav they're own vocabulary of non-engish words. The apprevs drive me nuts; these aren't tweeks. Too many smiley faces and other non-words bother me, too. ONE is fine.... but some overdo it in my opinion.

5. Cries. The diversion technique of not responding to a point but rather whining "How come everybody's always pic'n on pur me?" Accusing people of hate instead of responding to what they posted. This is a twist on flaming that most sites permit. Some seem to "play this card" with some regularity. Address the post, not the poster.

CH is actually one of the very best sites I've encountered in this way, too. Most post well. In actual English. With real words. With a point. It's appreciated. :wink::sled::kiss::hearts::swing:

- Josiah

Last edited:

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
All good points. Internet bullying is huge!! When people sense that they have a bit of power, it corrupts them and they feel they can say whatever they want whether it's true or not. That's the internet and you can't believe everything you read, yet people DO!

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that they are they are hard to verify" - Abraham Lincoln, circa 1864

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that they are they are hard to verify" - Abraham Lincoln, circa 1864
lol Tango

Stravinsk

Composer and Artist on Flat Earth
Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
This is a pet peeve although so far I've only come across it once, but the ugliness of it is enough to make me grimace even though it has been a while now.

People who claim divine revelation from God for specific information about other people, but who in reality are just good at being a talented internet user in various ways.

In other words, they've gotten their information through specific internet searches, or worse, used a message board backdoor feature to anonymously read private messages between members of that message board. The latter is in itself detestable, while the former is not necessarily - unless it's used in an attempt to bolster the user's perceived rep as some sort of prophet or prophetess and used to manipulate other people.

To the person who tried this crap on me. Honey...it backfired. Not only do I know many of your alternates dating back several years, but I also know your real legal name. You see - I also have some talent at doing what you do, except I don't claim that God gave me special powers or is one of His special people and try to use mined information to bring people to websites for selfish purposes.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Anyone can find anything about a person on the net if they know how to utilize the right search engine tools ;) I'm pretty adept at it myself. I just don't use it against anyone such as the person you're referring to above.

Top Bottom