Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Are you an Felix or an Oscar?

Are you obsessive clean/neat/organized? Or are you obsessively messy/disorganized?

Rate yourself on a scale of 1-10, with 1 being MESSY and 10 being NEAT....

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
9 or 10

I'm OBSESSIVELY neat, clean, organized..... Messy really bothers me.....

This extends throughout my house, my cars, my office space at work...... it applies to my hygiene and clothes, too.

I come by it naturally, I inherited the gene from my mother who is as bad as I am.

My wife is probably a 5. She desires things to be free of germs and such - things are clean in that sense - but she's okay with a world that is "lived in" (as she puts it); she has no need to "live in a museum" as she puts it. But we've worked this out. I get to do the cleaning. She does the laundry but otherwise.... I'm the house cleaner. Gives me pleasure and joy. And she lets me be as "crazy" (as she puts it) as I like. But she just watches me (or leaves!). She takes no offense if I pick up her coffee mug and take it to the kitchen to wash and put away.... as long as she's finished with her coffee. She stops me ONLY when we have company.... making me promise I will NOT constantly clean up after our guests but wait until all have left. I do. But it bothers me a lot. We've worked it out.

When I cook, I clean as I go because I can't cook if the kitchen is a mess....

When I work, I clean up my work space as I go because I can't work in a mess....

I wash both cars weekly generally (inside and out, including treating the leather and washing windows inside and out) and wax 4 times a year. I'm careful to take trash, etc with me as I exit the car.

I'd say I'm a 9

YOU?

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes

Are you obsessive clean/neat/organized? Or are you obsessively messy/disorganized?

On a scale like that I think I'd need some negative numbers. Usually anywhere I live for even a few days looks like a tornado went through. If I stay with someone the chances are my room will look like a bomb site within a few days but, once I'm packed up and moved out, chances are you wouldn't even know I had been there.

The daft thing is that even among apparent chaos I can usually find just about anything I am looking for. If you come in and change the chaos I struggle to find things. I know where stuff is, but my system makes no sense to anyone except me.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
When I work, I clean up my work space as I go because I can't work in a mess....

I do one cleanup after I'm done because otherwise I'd get nothing done. I guess it depends on the work - if I'm pulling down walls it makes no sense to run the vacuum cleaner every couple of minutes.

I wash both cars weekly generally (inside and out, including treating the leather and washing windows inside and out) and wax 4 times a year. I'm careful to take trash, etc with me as I exit the car.

If you feel the urge to clean, my car could use a wash :)

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I'm probably an 8 or 9. I like things very clean but have to stop myself from becoming obsessive about it so I have learned to let some things remain messy and accept it now.

My bathrooms are ALWAYS clean because where I used to live we'd have people drop over unannounced. Here, no one knows us and no one rings the bell unless it's a politician, a Jehovah Witness or UPS.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

I'm more Felix than Oscar, but my wife is an Oscar.

Imalive

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
9 or 10

I'm OBSESSIVELY neat, clean, organized..... Messy really bothers me.....

This extends throughout my house, my cars, my office space at work...... it applies to my hygiene and clothes, too.

I come by it naturally, I inherited the gene from my mother who is as bad as I am.

My wife is probably a 5. She desires things to be free of germs and such - things are clean in that sense - but she's okay with a world that is "lived in" (as she puts it); she has no need to "live in a museum" as she puts it. But we've worked this out. I get to do the cleaning. She does the laundry but otherwise.... I'm the house cleaner. Gives me pleasure and joy. And she lets me be as "crazy" (as she puts it) as I like. But she just watches me (or leaves!). She takes no offense if I pick up her coffee mug and take it to the kitchen to wash and put away.... as long as she's finished with her coffee. She stops me ONLY when we have company.... making me promise I will NOT constantly clean up after our guests but wait until all have left. I do. But it bothers me a lot. We've worked it out.

When I cook, I clean as I go because I can't cook if the kitchen is a mess....

I'd say I'm a 9

YOU?

Why do I bother you?

Imalive

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
I'm a 2. I was a 1 last week but I cleaned up a bit. I only have mice in my house. My sis has rats.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I'm a 2. I was a 1 last week but I cleaned up a bit. I only have mice in my house. My sis has rats.

We have a cat so don't tend to see mice.

Stravinsk

Composer and Artist on Flat Earth
Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
I don't know how to rate myself.

If you were to rate my living areas now, it's a mess. I usually let things go to a certain point and then I get disgusted with it and clean, clean, clean. Then I'm like "ah - things are nice and tidy and clean - now I can relax a bit and do things I like." This second period of mess incubation stage usually lasts too long, and eventually I look around and think "I should clean". But I don't, or just do what is absolutely necessary (kitchen for example, where I prepare food). Eventually it gets to the point where I am thoroughly disgusted and I'll spend 2 days just cleaning and organizing.

Imalive

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
I don't know how to rate myself.

If you were to rate my living areas now, it's a mess. I usually let things go to a certain point and then I get disgusted with it and clean, clean, clean. Then I'm like "ah - things are nice and tidy and clean - now I can relax a bit and do things I like." This second period of mess incubation stage usually lasts too long, and eventually I look around and think "I should clean". But I don't, or just do what is absolutely necessary (kitchen for example, where I prepare food). Eventually it gets to the point where I am thoroughly disgusted and I'll spend 2 days just cleaning and organizing.

hahahahahahaa I just spend 2 days doing that. And now I still have 2 closets where I dump everything in. Handy if someone visits unexpectedly. Lets throw it there and close the door.

Top Bottom