Oh you people working so hard for salvation

TurtleHare

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Another problem I see in this thread is that addiction is a result of the fall of Adam and so saying Jesus frees them from sin but oh if they can't stop their addiction then Jesus really won't save them is complete rubbish. I am glad that God died for all and for those suffering that they might not have you as a preacher to condemn them when God is working in them at HIS own timing.

Purposely sinning is unhealthy to us and we can fall from faith at our own doing. That is what the Law accuses. Now how about some Gospel for those in despair because if their addiction? Can you even preach the Gospel in its pure sweetness without throwing sinful man back into the mix? You shouldn't be doing that.

Alithis

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Another problem I see in this thread is that addiction is a result of the fall of Adam and so saying Jesus frees them from sin but oh if they can't stop their addiction then Jesus really won't save them is complete rubbish. I am glad that God died for all and for those suffering that they might not have you as a preacher to condemn them when God is working in them at HIS own timing.

Purposely sinning is unhealthy to us and we can fall from faith at our own doing. That is what the Law accuses. Now how about some Gospel for those in despair because if their addiction? Can you even preach the Gospel in its pure sweetness without throwing sinful man back into the mix? You shouldn't be doing that.

what is more useless is preaching a gospel with excludes freedom .. JESUS came to set us free .it is the most wonderful news EVER -we repent ..he give us the Holy Spirit who is the POWER to over come . what your suggesting is that JESUS cannot set a person free from addiction .that is not the gospel.. that is UNbelief.

Good news - the lord JEsus can set you miraculously free from ANY sinful addiction INSTANTLY .
all things are possible to those that believe .. the lord Jesus said it, he promises it he means it his WORD is TRUE he can be trusted to be faithful to it .. no one but no one needs to remain addicted to a sin which brings death, not now not ever .. do not be deceived by unbelieving messages .the power of the cross was wrought to SET YOU FREE ..

behold the lamb of GOD who takes AWAY the sin of the world ..

this is MY JESUS ..this is MY GOD ..any message and any god which cannot do what he promises is not worth hearing about.

when we are set free we stop serving what we were slaves to and we serve JESUS . my GOD LIVES .

visionary

Religious Affiliation
Messianic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Noah is this first example of salvation by grace through faith in the Bible. Noah found favor, grace, in the sight of God because Noah demonstrated, lived his faith out by being obedient to God.

Alithis

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Noah is this first example of salvation by grace through faith in the Bible. Noah found favor, grace, in the sight of God because Noah demonstrated, lived his faith out by being obedient to God.

are you suggesting that Noah listened and obeyed God ? and if he did not obey he would have perished no matter how much he claimed to believe gods words ,no matter how much he dissected it, studied it memorized it,discussed it analyzed it ,studied it in the Hebrew and Greek, had Wednesday night meetings about it and Sunday gatherings in regard to it - if he did not actually OBEY IT he would have perished with every one else ,,, ..yes haha my tongue is very firmly in my cheek

TurtleHare

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Did Jonah perish or did God keep guiding him to do His will? Don't you get it yet that GOD works through us to do His will? Don't you get it yet that our sins were forgiven before our birth? Don't you get it yet that salvation is 100% God's work and not our own? Adding us to salvation is arrogance and trying to turn mankind into little gods.

Alithis

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Did Jonah perish or did God keep guiding him to do His will? Don't you get it yet that GOD works through us to do His will? Don't you get it yet that our sins were forgiven before our birth? Don't you get it yet that salvation is 100% God's work and not our own? Adding us to salvation is arrogance and trying to turn mankind into little gods.

the Gospel mens "good news " if you do this .. you will be saved -this ..equals ..repent ,be baptized and you will receive the Holy Ghost .. IF we obey that .. we will be saved
if we disobey that we are certainly not saved .so obedience is absolute nessecity to be saved .how many people who reject and disobey the Gospel do you think get saved ..i will let you know .. NONE .
and repentance is s sustained obedience . how many people do you know that start out to obey the gospel then turn and rebel and refuse to repent get saved .. i will tell you - NONE .

the good news is that God has graciously given us the opportunity to TURN away from sin and be saved - that is the displayed favor of god for he is under NO obligation to offer any such mercy -but he has .. if we neglect his grace and obstinately continue to walk in disobedience to him .. we simply reject HIM and he is our salvation . we are not earning anything by obeying we are simply doing what the lord has stated we MUST do .Do not equate the inner matters of the heart to the outer works of the flesh ..the works of the flesh are merely evidence of what is truly IN the heart .

if the heart is truly obedient to God then the result is,that outwardly ,as a result of the vine in whom we abide , our works become works of righteousness unto eternal life .

But if inwardly our hearts are disobedient and we abide in and follow the wicked desire of the flesh ..then that is evidence that whom we truly abide in and results in outer works of unrightousness unto death .

it has never been both ways -"you cannot serve two masters "

TurtleHare

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
You're really confused on what the Gospel is since we can't earn salvation in any way shape or form. But you just keep on trying though and God will someday show you how your efforts are like dirty menstrual rags.

Alithis

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
You're really confused on what the Gospel is since we can't earn salvation in any way shape or form. But you just keep on trying though and God will someday show you how your efforts are like dirty menstrual rags.

please ..do go ahead and sate what the Gospel is .. what is its message .after all the word Gospel means .. Good news .. what is that good news and what is our response to it ? is our response to it to do absolutely nothing .. just HEAR it and its all done ?

nope .. if that were true then why did the people ask peter ..what must we DO to be saved .. becaseu they knew an action of obedience had to follow and obedience them maintained .

youi very short of scriptural reference in everything you say ..
try not to parrot the single out of context verses all over again in your replies .

TurtleHare

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
The Gospel is what God does for us and to us, not what we do since that is Law. The Gospel is about God dying on the cross that should have been our death and forgiving our sins. God gives us faith so that we might believe and have eternal life. For God so loved the world He gave his only begotten son that whosever shall believeth in him shall not perish but have everlasting life.

Alithis

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
The Gospel is what God does for us and to us, not what we do since that is Law. The Gospel is about God dying on the cross that should have been our death and forgiving our sins. God gives us faith so that we might believe and have eternal life. For God so loved the world He gave his only begotten son that whosoever shall believeth in him shall not perish but have everlasting life.

the gospel is indeed that Christ became a man .. and he died on the cross for OUR sin and he lay in the ground three days and three nights and rose again from the dead that who ever believes on him will not perish but have eternal life .
the devils believe this is true also ..but are not saved because belief is not faith .
if i stand in the middle of a road and my friend says hey get off the road there is a bus coming .. i can fully believe what he is saying ..but unless i ACT and DO what he is saying ..the bus will hit me .and all the belief in the world won't save me from the bus .

So it is wth the good news about eh lord jesus (the gospel) i can believe it but unless i act upon it ,it is of no use to me .
and the lord Jesus said All who love me will do what I say. My Father will love them, and we will come and make our home with each of them. Anyone who doesn’t love me will not obey me. And remember, my words are not my own. What I am telling you is from the Father who sent me. I am telling you these things now while I am still with you. But when the Father sends the Advocate as my representative—that is, the Holy Spirit—he will teach you everything and will remind you of everything I have told you and the very command that the gospel contains is "Repent " thus without repentance .. salvation cannot occur . God cannot contradict himself nor lie .

the gospel is a message from the father telling men to repent of sin . the first time it was sent they beheaded john the baptist -a wicked act done by king herod becaseu JOhn told him to repent of marrying the kings brothers wife .
The next time this message from the father was declared .the one preaching it was put to death on a cross by those who hated that very message . the next time it was declared openly those who believed and obeyed it were saved and those who refused to repent ..put stephen to death .
repentance is not a work to achieve .. it is an obedience which appropriates the death and resurrection upon ones own life and it is offered by the grace of God who is under no obligation to offer it .if we then turn back to sin we not serve the flesh and produce works of unrightousness unto death but we twice insult the goodness of God . and if we deserved and were under death before he offered his grace ..how much more so will we be if we rebel against his grace so freely offered and refuse to repent .

(and i am aware that ,as is the case so often . you perceive sin to be many things it is not and to not be many things it is . )

TurtleHare

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Faith is not given to the demons because there is no salvation provided for them. Works done afterward are not for salvation, stop promoting works! God saves us because we cannot save ourselves. Stop trying to save yourself and let God be God. Let the Gospel message stand in all its sweetness and stop trying to put man into God's place and taking away from the great work He has done on the cross. Why isn't His forgiveness enough for you that you feel you need to do more for salvation?

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
There are biblical sections that show that you're premise of us having to do something to save ourselves is not correct.

Think first of the bones in the desert that were called to life. They did nothing to deserve it.
Well, I forgot to say, think first of Adam who was brought to life. He didn't have to do anything to have it, for the Lord gave it to him.

Think also of Lazarus. Jesus called him out and lo and behold, Lazarus was given life. There was no need to act upon it because life is a gift. Salvation is a gift. If we have to work for it, it's not a gift and no longer true Gospel talk.

As Christians we want to do things that are pleasing to God and I think that's where your confusion comes in. You apply it to salvation instead of our daily living as His children.

the gospel is indeed that Christ became a man .. and he died on the cross for OUR sin and he lay in the ground three days and three nights and rose again from the dead that who ever believes on him will not perish but have eternal life .
the devils believe this is true also ..but are not saved because belief is not faith .
if i stand in the middle of a road and my friend says hey get off the road there is a bus coming .. i can fully believe what he is saying ..but unless i ACT and DO what he is saying ..the bus will hit me .and all the belief in the world won't save me from the bus .

So it is wth the good news about eh lord jesus (the gospel) i can believe it but unless i act upon it ,it is of no use to me .
and the lord Jesus said All who love me will do what I say. My Father will love them, and we will come and make our home with each of them. Anyone who doesn’t love me will not obey me. And remember, my words are not my own. What I am telling you is from the Father who sent me. I am telling you these things now while I am still with you. But when the Father sends the Advocate as my representative—that is, the Holy Spirit—he will teach you everything and will remind you of everything I have told you and the very command that the gospel contains is "Repent " thus without repentance .. salvation cannot occur . God cannot contradict himself nor lie .

the gospel is a message from the father telling men to repent of sin . the first time it was sent they beheaded john the baptist -a wicked act done by king herod becaseu JOhn told him to repent of marrying the kings brothers wife .
The next time this message from the father was declared .the one preaching it was put to death on a cross by those who hated that very message . the next time it was declared openly those who believed and obeyed it were saved and those who refused to repent ..put stephen to death .
repentance is not a work to achieve .. it is an obedience which appropriates the death and resurrection upon ones own life and it is offered by the grace of God who is under no obligation to offer it .if we then turn back to sin we not serve the flesh and produce works of unrightousness unto death but we twice insult the goodness of God . and if we deserved and were under death before he offered his grace ..how much more so will we be if we rebel against his grace so freely offered and refuse to repent .

(and i am aware that ,as is the case so often . you perceive sin to be many things it is not and to not be many things it is . )

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Hebrews Chapter 6 makes it very clear that we can lose salvation. Many places eth is used and where that is used it means continual action. To say that we have no choice or that we have to do nothing opens the door for once saved always saved and no matter how bad the actions not a problem. That is dangerous theology and also very untrue

Chris1611

Religious Affiliation
Baptist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
There's a fine line between accepting Christ died for us and thinking we don't have anything to do ourselves.

May as well do away with repentance if that's the case...

Chris1611

Religious Affiliation
Baptist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
This sounds to me like universalism and that's one of the most dangerous doctrines around.

Alithis

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Faith is not given to the demons because there is no salvation provided for them. Works done afterward are not for salvation, stop promoting works! God saves us because we cannot save ourselves. Stop trying to save yourself and let God be God. Let the Gospel message stand in all its sweetness and stop trying to put man into God's place and taking away from the great work He has done on the cross. Why isn't His forgiveness enough for you that you feel you need to do more for salvation?

you are absolutely twisting what im saying in the most dishonest manner you can

The gospel is a message which commands us to repent for the forgiveness of sin.. you cant turn to follow the lord jesus then turn back and go the other direction and still be following the lord JESUS
ceasing from sin.. is not a work unto salvation.. the lord has made the way for us to be free so that we can BE FREE
not so we can continue in sin .because sin brings death and he does not desire us to die .. he wants us to live so he says ..repent follow me .

Last edited:

Alithis

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Hebrews Chapter 6 makes it very clear that we can lose salvation. Many places eth is used and where that is used it means continual action. To say that we have no choice or that we have to do nothing opens the door for once saved always saved and no matter how bad the actions not a problem. That is dangerous theology and also very untrue

it is obvious to those that truly desire to walk IN the Lord Jesus That we cannot walk in sin at the same time . we cant say we love him and then show him how much we love by spitting in his face and continuing to sin after he has given us the power required to stop .

Alithis

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
There's a fine line between accepting Christ died for us and thinking we don't have anything to do ourselves.

May as well do away with repentance if that's the case...

it is more about what we do not have to Do because of what the lord has done for us .

we DO NOT HAVE to SIN ... this thread arose as an opposition to another thread .It's trying to imply that repentance from sin is a "works" ..
which we know without doubt is absolutely WRONG

TurtleHare

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
This sounds to me like universalism and that's one of the most dangerous doctrines around.

Correct! Universalism states that all are saved and we know that the bible tells us that rejection of the Savior damns us. Scripture also states we can turn away from God and there are plenty of warnings about that.

TurtleHare

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
you are absolutely twisting what im saying in the most dishonest manner you can

The gospel is a message which commands us to repent for the forgiveness of sin.. you cant turn to follow the lord jesus then turn back and go the other direction and still be following the lord JESUS
ceasing from sin.. is not a work unto salvation.. the lord has made the way for us to be free so that we can BE FREE
not so we can continue in sin .because sin brings death and he does not desire us to die .. he wants us to live so he says ..repent follow me .

I'm not being dishonest and I think you aren't realizing what you've typed?

We are free in Christ because we are covered in His blood. You keep on sinning throughout your life though and you refuse to believe that which is itself sinful in thinking you're some sort of little god. repent!

Top Bottom