Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
The left pushes "my body, my choice" with abortion, but refuses the same argument from those who do not want the jab.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
They insist on doing whatever they want with "their body" but the baby isn't their body.

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
If the idea that "something inside my body is mine to do with as I please" then, without getting too graphic, it leaves men particularly vulnerable during certain times that they might not expect to be vulnerable in quite that manner.

I wonder how well that would go down, particularly among the men who also repeat "her body, her choice". Still, for those inclined to sleep around the ready availability of abortion is handy if you're sowing your wild oats while simultaneously praying for crop failure.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
. Still, for those inclined to sleep around the ready availability of abortion is handy if you're sowing your wild oats while simultaneously praying for crop failure.

The stats on this are interesting.....

Here's one set: 'Pro-Choice' or 'Pro-Life' Demographic Table
These stats are interesting on many levels...

MOST show women to be more "pro-choice" than men, and I suspect that's true.
BUT, a LOT depends on how the question is asked!

If "do you think a person should be able to do with their own body as they choose? Do you think the government should leave the issue of abortion between a woman and doctor? Do you think a woman should have the legal right to choose (and not say choose WHAT)? Then we find a large advantage to "pro-choice."

IF you ask, "Do you think a woman should be able to abort her child during the 8th month of pregnancy?" "Do you think a woman should be able to have an abortion because she doesn't want that gender?" Do you think abortion is a valid form of birth control, equal to a condom?" Then you come out overwhelmingly pro-life.

IMO, here's where the majority of Americans stand: They want abortion to be LEGAL but RARE... and with well-defined regulations. They are far more open to abortion in the first trimester but not in the Third (and often not in the Second). They support it in cases of rape (extremely rare!) but not simply as one equal birth control method. They are good with full and accurate information being given - even wait periods. They are okay with abortion when there is an extreme fetal deformity but not so much when it's simply some birth defect (Downs Syndrome for example). In other words, Americans are similar to all Westerners on this. Not the extreme of the Libs, Democrats and Communists who support abortion for any or no reason, right up to when the last cell of the last toe to exit the birth canal (and maybe for some time after) - the position of North Korea, California and New York. But not the forbidding of it in all situations. Some regulation - as in virtually all European countries. And they want it RARE and not now as in the case of about 25% of pregnancies. They want better and more use of birth control (or even abstinence), less use of abortion. They don't like abortion, for most it's not the Holy Sacrament that it is for Democrats, but they think it should be legally permitted in some cases with thoughtful regulations.

Now, MY position is that it should be illegal in all cases (although I acknowledge that will not cause an end of all abortions). BUT if I was a guy _________ around, having sex as often as I can and with as many as I can, then I too would embrace Abortion as a holy and sacred Sacrament, right along with the Democrats and Communists. Birth Control gets in the way. And I don't want to pay child support until this kid turns 18. NO WAY! I want to government to pay to clean up my mistake and empower me to pursue me to ________ around as much as possible. But it's NOT my life's ambition.... and I believe in the sanctity of life (and marriage).

To the thread: Yeah, "By Body, My Choice" is just one of the thoughtless, silly, stupid slogans used to evade the issue.

Last edited:

Jason76

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
No
They often have the choice to not get knocked up and even if there was no choice, there should be some nobility to protect life nonetheless.

However. there probably isn't much that can be done - unless you melded church and state. I guess we can just let God be the judge of wrongdoers.

Top Bottom