Jazzy

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
King Charles has been diagnosed with a form of cancer, says Buckingham Palace.

The type of cancer has not been revealed - it is not prostate cancer, but was discovered during his recent treatment for an enlarged prostate.

The King began "regular treatments" on Monday and will postpone public duties during it, the Palace said.

The Monarch, 75, "remains wholly positive about his treatment and looks forward to returning to full public duty as soon as possible," it added.

No further details are being shared on the stage of cancer or a prognosis.

Full article

This sounds like bladder cancer to me. There are several types of bladder cancer, so without knowing what the pathology is it’s hard to say what his prognosis is. About 70% of tumors can be managed without major surgery or chemotherapy. I am guessing by his “routine treatments” that he has a good prognosis.

What are your thoughts?

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I wish him well. It's hard to have many other thoughts.

You can be sure he'll be receiving the best attention it's possible to be receiving. Concepts like waiting lists don't apply when you're the king, so if he isn't being treated in a hospital that means either he doesn't need hospital treatment or he's down to his last few days to live. If he was down to his last few days I imagine we'd be looking at a succession plan rather than public statements that all was well.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I read that they caught it early, so that is good. It seems like maybe they noticed it while doing tests for his prostate so bladder cancer might be a good guess.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes