Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
The other thing is that if He did these things as God then He cant be our example as to what we can do nor as God would it have been fair for satan and he could cry foul if He was operating as God. Again this is why I said He needed the Holy Spirit just as we do to operate in the gifts while on earth. It was not God who was tempted but the Man Jesus

You're splitting Jesus into halves then? Scripture never states he was split like that. It never states he ever stopped being God at any point.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Then if He was God and not man then He was not our sacrifice as we could never attain being God

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Then if He was God and not man then He was not our sacrifice as we could never attain being God

BINGO! We can never attain being God! That's why God had to be His own perfect sacrifice. He came to earth in the form of man, lived the perfectly obedient life we could not and then died on the cross. It was the perfect sacrifice for our atonement and He accepted it.

popsthebuilder

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I gave a lot of scripture that addressed the topic in post 4.
And I posed questions in posts 8 and 16 with regards to your posting of scripture.

Faith in selfless Unity for Good.

popsthebuilder

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
BINGO! We can never attain being God! That's why God had to be His own perfect sacrifice. He came to earth in the form of man, lived the perfectly obedient life we could not and then died on the cross. It was the perfect sacrifice for our atonement and He accepted it.
Why would GOD need to sacrifice himself to himself for the sake of man?

visionary

Religious Affiliation
Messianic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Why would GOD need to sacrifice himself to himself for the sake of man?

To answer the dilemma of how to save man from sin and without giving up the Law of God.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
How can He claim then that man can defeat satan if He did it as God?

TurtleHare

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married

Don't you believe Jesus is God?

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
He was also man and He laid aside His divinity while on earth. Think about when He was tempted to throw Himself off the tallest part of the timple, why if God would He need angels to keep Him from harm?

TurtleHare

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
He was also man and He laid aside His divinity while on earth. Think about when He was tempted to throw Himself off the tallest part of the timple, why if God would He need angels to keep Him from harm?

The angels serve God don't they? That verse doesn't show to anyone that He wasn't God.

visionary

Religious Affiliation
Messianic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
The flesh of man sinned, Adam, the Flesh of Man didn't, sacrificed, to pay the penalty for sin.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
The angels serve God don't they? That verse doesn't show to anyone that He wasn't God.
Only man would need help, God would not be hurt so I think it does

popsthebuilder

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jesus has the attributes of God:
He knows everything (Matthew 16:21; Luke 11:17; John 4:29),
is everywhere (Matthew 18:20; 28:20; Acts 18:10),
has all power (Matthew 8:26–27; 28:18; John 11:38–44; Luke 7:14–15; Revelation 1:8),
depends on nothing outside of himself for life (John 1:4; 14:6; 8:58),
rules over everything (Matthew 28:18; Revelation 1:5; 19:16;),
never began to exist and never will cease to exist (John 1:1; 8:58),
and is our Creator (Colossians 1:16).

Jesus is Man:
Born of a human mother (Luke 2:7; Galatians 4:4),
became weary (John 4:6), thirsty (John 19:28),
hungry (Matthew 4:2),
human emotions (Matthew 8:10; John 11:35).

Peter in one chapter speaks first of Jesus being the Son of God and then later on proclaims him as God.

Genesis 3 gives us the promise of the savior born to a woman.
First I want to apologise sincerely. I may have over stepped my bounds. It is in no way my desire to make the faith of anyone weaken.

I didn't go over the scripture you referenced initially and my responding attitude was not of the right direction; it was short, lazy, and contentious. I'm going to review the scripture you referenced and go from there in this conversation.

I will post scripture that seems relevant to the discussion while reading.

Thank you.
I gave a lot of scripture that addressed the topic in post 4.

popsthebuilder

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Lammchen,

Matthew 16 (KJV) - ማቴዎስ
13: When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?
14: And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets.
15: He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?
16: And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God. Matthew 16 (KJV) - ማቴዎስ
17: And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.
18: And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
19: And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Luke 11 (KJV) - ሉቃስ
1: And it came to pass, that, as he was praying in a certain place, when he ceased, one of his disciples said unto him, Lord, teach us to pray, as John also taught his disciples.
2: And he said unto them, When ye pray, say, Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth.
3: Give us day by day our daily bread. Luke 11 (KJV) - ሉቃስ
4: And forgive us our sins; for we also forgive every one that is indebted to us. And lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil.

Luke 11 (KJV) - ሉቃስ
20: But if I with the finger of God cast out devils, no doubt the kingdom of God is come upon you.

Here we see that Jesus isn't telling people to pray to Him, but to the Father. We see that He casts out demons with the finger of GOD and not as GOD in fullness.

John 4 (KJV) - ዮሃንስ
29: Come, see a man, which told me all things that ever I did: is not this the Christ?

This states that Jesus is and was the Christ and not the Father. Son and father aren't synonymous.

John 4 (KJV) - ዮሃንስ
19: The woman saith unto him, Sir, I perceive that thou art a prophet.
20: Our fathers worshipped in this mountain; and ye say, that in Jerusalem is the place where men ought to worship.
21: Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father. John 4 (KJV) - ዮሃንስ
22: Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.
23: But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
24: God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth. John 4 (KJV) - ዮሃንስ
25: The woman saith unto him, I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things.
26: Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto thee am he.

John 4 (KJV) - ዮሃንስ
29: Come, see a man, which told me all things that ever I did: is not this the Christ?

Again we see that Jesus himself doesn't rebuke the woman for saying he is a prophet, and confesses that he is Christ the messiah and savior. Again savior or anointed isn't synonymous with GOD.

Sometimes people get aggrivated with long posts, and my phone needs to charge, and I need to work on my truck. I will continue later.

Peace

popsthebuilder

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
To answer the dilemma of how to save man from sin and without giving up the Law of God.
I agree that was the purpose of the Christ. I don't agree that Christ has to be GOD in order to do this. Only wholly of GOD. Of one accord.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I agree that was the purpose of the Christ. I don't agree that Christ has to be GOD in order to do this. Only wholly of GOD. Of one accord.

Yes

Alithis

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
The lord Jesus is everything the scriptures says of him and everything he says of himself and everything the father declared .
This is my beloved son in whom i am well pleased.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I take it you don't believe that Jesus is God?

Lammchen,

Matthew 16 (KJV) - ማቴዎስ
13: When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?
14: And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets.
15: He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?
16: And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God. Matthew 16 (KJV) - ማቴዎስ
17: And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.
18: And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
19: And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Luke 11 (KJV) - ሉቃስ
1: And it came to pass, that, as he was praying in a certain place, when he ceased, one of his disciples said unto him, Lord, teach us to pray, as John also taught his disciples.
2: And he said unto them, When ye pray, say, Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth.
3: Give us day by day our daily bread. Luke 11 (KJV) - ሉቃስ
4: And forgive us our sins; for we also forgive every one that is indebted to us. And lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil.

Luke 11 (KJV) - ሉቃስ
20: But if I with the finger of God cast out devils, no doubt the kingdom of God is come upon you.

Here we see that Jesus isn't telling people to pray to Him, but to the Father. We see that He casts out demons with the finger of GOD and not as GOD in fullness.

John 4 (KJV) - ዮሃንስ

This states that Jesus is and was the Christ and not the Father. Son and father aren't synonymous.

John 4 (KJV) - ዮሃንስ
19: The woman saith unto him, Sir, I perceive that thou art a prophet.
20: Our fathers worshipped in this mountain; and ye say, that in Jerusalem is the place where men ought to worship.
21: Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father. John 4 (KJV) - ዮሃንስ
22: Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.
23: But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
24: God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth. John 4 (KJV) - ዮሃንስ
25: The woman saith unto him, I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things.
26: Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto thee am he.

John 4 (KJV) - ዮሃንስ

Again we see that Jesus himself doesn't rebuke the woman for saying he is a prophet, and confesses that he is Christ the messiah and savior. Again savior or anointed isn't synonymous with GOD.

Sometimes people get aggrivated with long posts, and my phone needs to charge, and I need to work on my truck. I will continue later.

Peace

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

Only God could be perfect enough for the sacrifice to be accepted. ONLY GOD.

popsthebuilder

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Only God could be perfect enough for the sacrifice to be accepted. ONLY GOD.
Why? Why is the purity of the selfless lamb without blemish not enough?

Top Bottom